News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripken10

It was super hot today and we were out walking. I didn't really want to put it on when we went into Target, (and vaccinated don't have to), but honestly, everyone was in masks so I kind of felt like I had to.

Come June 11th when Illinois moves into the next phase (I think we have 36 phases :D), I'm going to try to stop wearing them indoors if allowed. Someone has to be the first, maybe it will be me.
i am curious about walmart-target. this may just be a coincidence, but after our state lifted our mask rule recently I visited both stores. Neither store had a mask requirement. I walked in Walmart with a mask on, and I felt like I was the only one wearing a mask, at least at first. I estimate about 90% of the individuals in the store (besides employees) were not wearing a mask. I took mine off. At Target (about a week later) I walked into Target without my mask on. Here I felt like the only person not wearing a mask. Well actually I counted 5 or 6 (including an employee), but I estimate about 90% were wearing masks in the Target. Hmm...is this typical, or just luck that the numbers were so skewed (or are people creatures of habit, with more having them off in Walmart people were more likely to take theirs off...where in Target since most people were wearing them, it resulted in more people putting them on then otherwise would have).

ToTBellHop

i am curious about walmart-target. this may just be a coincidence, but after our state lifted our mask rule recently I visited both stores. Neither store had a mask requirement. I walked in Walmart with a mask on, and I felt like I was the only one wearing a mask, at least at first. I estimate about 90% of the individuals in the store (besides employees) were not wearing a mask. I took mine off. At Target (about a week later) I walked into Target without my mask on. Here I felt like the only person not wearing a mask. Well actually I counted 5 or 6 (including an employee), but I estimate about 90% were wearing masks in the Target. Hmm...is this typical, or just luck that the numbers were so skewed (or are people creatures of habit, with more having them off in Walmart people were more likely to take theirs off...where in Target since most people were wearing them, it resulted in more people putting them on then otherwise would have).
That kinda sounds like the demographics...I won’t elaborate further, though. Keep your pitchforks!

dreday3

Well, we don't really have a Walmart anywhere close to our neighborhood (lower to middle class) in the city, so all walks of life visit our Target. I think for us, people here are just so used to wearing them, no one is stopping yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

really? You find that ironic? 🤪

danv3

the question I have is are they doing vaccine verification?

those “fines” add up 🙄
I think Florida's law only applies to verification of customer vaccine status. Employers are allowed to verify the vaccination status of their employees.

Here's the applicable provision:

A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government issued guidance to protect public health.

Chi84

Premium Member
It was super hot today and we were out walking. I didn't really want to put it on when we went into Target, (and vaccinated don't have to), but honestly, everyone was in masks so I kind of felt like I had to.

Come June 11th when Illinois moves into the next phase (I think we have 36 phases :D), I'm going to try to stop wearing them indoors if allowed. Someone has to be the first, maybe it will be me.
Maybe the second one. I stopped wearing masks indoors in any place that doesn't require them. I'm probably older than you, so I couldn't care less what someone else thinks as long as I'm not breaking any rules. What do they say - when you hit 50 you can wear purple socks and spit on the sidewalk ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Florida's law only applies to verification of customer vaccine status. Employers are allowed to verify the vaccination status of their employees.

Here's the applicable provision:

A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government issued guidance to protect public health.

that clears it up...

still a stupid law...but at least there’s this

dreday3

Maybe the second one. I stopped wearing masks indoors in any place that doesn't require them. I'm probably older than you, so I couldn't care less what someone else thinks as long as I'm not breaking any rules. What do they say - when you hit 50 you can wear purple socks and spit on the sidewalk ;)

Just a few years from 50! (but in real life, I'll never tell, shhh..... :D )

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They like finding studies that support one view and then changing their view and finding studies to support the new one. It unfortunately leads to them contradicting themselves.

“Don’t worry about the kids! They can definitely be in school 3 feet apart because new studies that came out 6 months ago (even though young Jacoby never covers his nose but we really just need them in school to reopen the economy now!)”

then

”Actually, it is dangerous and we don’t know how dangerous and will never know so get your vaccines (because we want to hit the President’s 70% goal). Variant of concern.”

then it will be

“Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you’re part of a team! No masks because of new studies (now vote correctly next year)!”

it’s just trying to balance politics, money, And populace that has NOT proven itself to be sufficiently trust worthy.

999th Happy Haunt

Universal after seeing Web Slingers and WDW not dropping masks

1622843916578.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal after seeing Web Slingers and WDW not dropping masks

View attachment 561982
Don’t think the masks for awhile longer changes business at all...

the idea there’s a significant number of people looking to throw down $125 for tickets plus all the other stuff based on masks...but “waiting to see?” Is kinda silly? They’ll go where they go and little will affect that.

As far as web slingers goes...yikes...would love to know the “budget” for that peach??

djkidkaz

Yeah that webslingers ride looks on par with the Lego Ninjago ride at Legoland which is pretty lame.

i think the way I can justify a ride like that is if it’s supposed to be the “Dumbo” of marvel land. You have to had rides that little kids can go on and it’s not going to be the avengers eticket or Guardians so if this is that lands kiddie ride, then I think it’s a better option than a spinner or something super basic.

disneygeek90

Disney further relaxes its mask policy for Walt Disney World theme parks but the change suggests Disney World may not drop all mask requirements imminently​

I don’t see a start date for this. FWIW, I was just asked to put a mask on when entering the America Gardens Theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom