News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

While mask mandates may be dropping away, many places are far from being mask-free zones. Here in Virginia, most businesses still require them, and even places that have relaxed standards to "masks encouraged for the unvaccinated" still see most patrons masked up. Vaccine rates are high here, so its a predominantly vaccinated crowd following the rules.
Here in CT, 2 weeks ago about 10% of people in my local Walmart were maskless. Now it’s about half.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry, it is incredibly frustrating for people to talk so matter a factly about something with nothing provided to support it. The fact is, every state in this country (with the exception of one) allows vaccinated people to resume life without masks. Most people are back to normal, until you step foot on Walt Disney World property. Don't get me wrong, Disney is a busy place, but them standing alone with an indoor mask mandate has no effect whatsoever on this pandemic.

probably 50% of every comment on every thread about covid boils down the same general idea...

“I want my Disney back!”
I am right there with you. But this is exhausting. Disney will shift when they shift and conversations have been occurring this week. So it may take a bit longer but not that long.

That 7/5-6 ish date looks interesting right now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While mask mandates may be dropping away, many places are far from being mask-free zones. Here in Virginia, most businesses still require them, and even places that have relaxed standards to "masks encouraged for the unvaccinated" still see most patrons masked up. Vaccine rates are high here, so its a predominantly vaccinated crowd following the rules.
B
I
N
G
O

!

Disney Glimpses

As far as major corporations go, every single one I have encountered does not require them (except for employees, as you mentioned). People will continue to wear them anyways. There is no reason they can't lift it at this point, it's just silly. They are more or less standing alone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd argue they are closer than you think. Not one for one yet but its healthy for Disney to be on alert.

oh I agree...now

but people tend to believe the lions share is smaller than it is. Orlando is still a 70/30 proposition

but that’s common...Pepsi could get eaten for breakfast by coke...ups is 80% of the market and FedEx is 15%

we make a lot of false equivalencies

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As far as major corporations go, every single one I have encountered does not require them (except for employees, as you mentioned). People will continue to wear them anyways. There is no reason they can't lift it at this point, it's just silly. They are more or less standing alone.

where are you at that sees all these “major corporations”???

please don’t let it be in the 407 area code?

dreday3

I was wild today here in Chicago.

Masks are only encouraged indoors everywhere now for the unvaccinated, but everyone still wears them indoors.
But I, today, did NOT wear my mask outside in the garden area of home depot. I'm a rebel! :D
(I put it on once we walked under the awning to pay, baby steps)

moorish

I watched that GMA interview with Walensky. It is questionable to me that she was saying "I think we will" in response to dropping masks. It sounded more she was mid-sentence and restarted. I don't know...people can watch and decide for themselves.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
oh I agree...now

but people tend to believe the lions share is smaller than it is. Orlando is still a 70/30 proposition

but that’s common...Pepsi could get eaten for breakfast by coke...ups is 80% of the market and FedEx is 15%

we make a lot of false equivalencies
The land purchased for Disney really was Walt's smartest move on the chess board of the future. I really feel that now more than ever, this is the biggest differentiator between to 2 at a very high level obviously there are other factors.

Disney Glimpses

Can't wait for the CDC to say kids don't need to wear masks and then all of a sudden everyone conveniently will point to the numbers to say why they agree; despite half of us doing so for the last year.

ToTBellHop

Masks are only encouraged indoors everywhere now for the unvaccinated, but everyone still wears them indoors.
But I, today, did NOT wear my mask outside in the garden area of home depot. I'm a rebel! :D
I don’t wear them at Walmart when I’m without the kids. I got the vaccine, so this was kinda the point. I can breathe air without worrying.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I still see the majority of places showing very high mask rates 7 days off the mandate...it will be a slow ebb.

one thing I noticed today...ironically at the paint desk at the depot...was two older ladies talking outloud about every falsehood out there about why they won’t get it...and not the demographics you’d probably giess

“you can’t use your arm for a week”

“it won’t even work in a couple of months”

“I heard about somebody who was sick for days”

“I don’t know what they’re putting in there”

#4 was my favorite.

dreday3

I don’t wear them at Walmart when I’m without the kids. I got the vaccine, so this was kinda the point. I can breathe air without worrying.

It was super hot today and we were out walking. I didn't really want to put it on when we went into Target, (and vaccinated don't have to), but honestly, everyone was in masks so I kind of felt like I had to.

Come June 11th when Illinois moves into the next phase (I think we have 36 phases :D), I'm going to try to stop wearing them indoors if allowed. Someone has to be the first, maybe it will be me.

ToTBellHop

Can't wait for the CDC to say kids don't need to wear masks and then all of a sudden everyone conveniently will point to the numbers to say why they agree; despite half of us doing so for the last year.
They like finding studies that support one view and then changing their view and finding studies to support the new one. It unfortunately leads to them contradicting themselves.

“Don’t worry about the kids! They can definitely be in school 3 feet apart because new studies that came out 6 months ago (even though young Jacoby never covers his nose but we really just need them in school to reopen the economy now!)”

then

”Actually, it is dangerous and we don’t know how dangerous and will never know so get your vaccines (because we want to hit the President’s 70% goal). Variant of concern.”

then it will be

“Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you’re part of a team! No masks because of new studies (now vote correctly next year)!”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The land purchased for Disney really was Walt's smartest move on the chess board of the future. I really feel that now more than ever, this is the biggest differentiator between to 2 at a very high level obviously there are other factors.

correct...having the Florida legislature slam through its home rule powers in 1964 didn’t hurt either...

that is a very big track of Land Comcast has over to the south East...and more to be had if they want it.

it really is a politics game now...how much pull/clout does Disney have to stop the locals from making it easy for Comcast? They haven’t been as wise in gaining that kinda pull as they once were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom