News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

MJM

What a great day if this happens. This and bring back FP+ and we may yet use our reservation at the Contemporary in September. If they want $1100/night from me then they will need to throw us a few bones by July (payment due date).
I hear ya Starship Disney! We’re set to spend the same $ in early Aug at the GF and I’m not giving Disney one dime if they don’t bring back FP+ with this increase in capacity. Our requirements that Disney needs to meet in order to receive our $10K this summer is bring back entertainment, no masks outdoors and FP+ reinstated. One down, 2 to go!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hear ya Starship Disney! We’re set to spend the same $ in early Aug at the GF and I’m not giving Disney one dime if they don’t bring back FP+ with this increase in capacity. Our requirements that Disney needs to meet in order to receive our $10K this summer is bring back entertainment, no masks outdoors and FP+ reinstated. One down, 2 to go!
How late can you cancel? Just curious.

wdwfan22

Your going to have cancel then, because i don't see FP+ returning this summer.

peter11435

FP+ will not be coming back anytime. And not for the reason some people think.

havoc315

Or perhaps they should cancel their bookings altogether until thinks have "returned to normal". It's a double edged sword. But if Disney is seen to delay reopenings beyond what is recomnended by public health officials, they are creating a lot of bad will and openning themselves up to liability. Afterall, there is no discounted rate right now.

The reason behind the restrictions had to do with social distancing and limiting park attendance. Since they're increasing park attendance and the science acknowledges that there is no benefit to further social distancing, There is no legitimate reason for limiting the services / entertainment.

Along that sane vein, Fastpass should be returning as attendance grows.

Insofar as re-initiating fireworks are concerned, yep, pretty much it's flipping a few switches.

It’s re-hiring staff. Training staff that needs to be replaced. Stocking up on fireworks and equipment.

As to fastpass… they actually have to engineer and then debug code which could take months - Park pass currently is using the database designed for fastpass. Bringing back fastpass while keeping park pass would be a bit like bringing back Great Movie ride while keeping Runaway Railroad, you’d need to build from scratch.

And of course, WDW rightfully looks at their bottom line. Fireworks are costly— they will bring them back when they generate profits greater than their costs.

mergatroid

while it does happen it doesn't happen as often as what time are fireworks & parades.
If fireworks and parades are so important to these people, you'd think they'd have checked before booking. The time it takes to do that online is less than a minute. I'm not saying Disney would be right under normal circumstances to just stop parades and fireworks without mentioning it, but with the pandemic they've never tried hiding it and people really should look into these things if they're a deal breaker for them.

havoc315

So it's false/doesn't mean anything?

Is it easier to bring back Entertainment than FP? Just wondering.

Depends on the entertainment. But something like BATB has fewer “moving parts” than fast pass.

But there is a bigger complicating question: Does Disney even want to bring back FP?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
FP+ will not be coming back anytime. And not for the reason some people think.
My understanding from people here and elsewhere is that they couldn’t even turn it on right now if they wanted to. But they don’t want to. Although I would think the IT work to copy paste a duplicate system would be undertakable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom