News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowamomof4

With people not needing to wear masks to get into the park, I do wonder how many people will forget (or "forget") to even bring one?

Nottamus

Of all the things we CAN do outside without masks….how are we all hung up on queues?

I’m sure If your rebel self Is online for Small World with no mask on, there will be a point you’ll have to have one on.

It’s not rocket science. No one LIKES masks. We do it for each other.

I, for one, am looking forward to being able to stroll around with a beverage. A snack. Whatever.

FormerMember

I’m sure If your rebel self Is online for Small World with no mask on, there will be a point you’ll have to have one on.
Again with the snide insults. Guys, it’s not that serious. for one week you’re all gonna argue and get worked up Bc a family didn’t immediately put their masks on when they tacked on to the end of the extended slinky dog queue. It’s ok. Don’t stress about it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It's hilarious that even before the parks open today and the new mask rules begin that there are people in these forums ALREADY getting upset and complaining about people who may or may not walk into a queue with their mask off.

And the same people whining about something that hasn't even happened yet are the ones calling people "jerks", lol.

FormerMember

It's hilarious that even before the parks open today and the new mask rules begin that there are people in these forums ALREADY getting upset and complaining about people who may or may not walk into a queue with their mask off.

And the same people whining about something that hasn't even happened yet are the ones calling people "jerks", lol.
Not into a Queue.... Outside in an extended queue.

ParentsOf4

Ran into a Cast Member outside, wearing a mask.

She mentioned OSHA is still recommending that workers wear masks outside. She said CMs were told they have to continue wearing masks for now. Said she was hoping for a change soon, especially for lifeguards.

Also mentioned that she noticed signs changing yesterday.

Last edited:

TokyoMiki

Just got back in the the United States last night after going internet and device free for 10 nights in the Yucatan. And the flight back was different: pretty much no mask enforcement on plane and upon queuing for customs. Even a few customs personnel were doing the chin strap trick.

And then I start reading about mask dropping at parks. I slept great last night.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

First look at Disney World theme parks with newly relaxed mask requirements​

Walt-Disney-Company_Full_41988.jpg

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
There are no words 😂 Guys, just wear masks. No one is taking them away.

Oh, good God. Actual news and this devolves into a mask debate. Take it to the showers, guys. Wear your masks.
Y’all didn’t read back to where my conversation on this topic started. Not a mask debate. Although others want to make it one. There is a zero percent chance I, a vaccinated person, would wear a mask in the park when I don’t have to.

ElvisMickey

There are some pics floating around online of the new signs. They state, “Masks are required at ALL attractions and indoor locations.” So I would like to think that makes it pretty clear that whether it’s an outdoor or indoor queue, put on your mask when getting in line.

Expo_Seeker40

I know no one can hear the tone of my voice, so please know I’m not “shouting” or anything like that.

It is a fact, this virus has been politicized in not only the US, but countries around the world. We have ripped each other to shreds from conversations with our family, friends, and even here on these message boards.

We’ve lost friends and family over the past year, whether due to death by the virus or ending contact over our differences in how we would solve all of this.

I think any reasonable person in the Spring of 2020 couldn’t wait to have a vaccine, so we could get things going back to normal.

We now have multiple vaccines. I got my second Pfizer shot nearly a month ago. That’s MY choice. I will not judge someone if they don’t want to have one.

We have constantly been told to “trust the science”. Well, the science now says fully vaccinated people two weeks after their final shot are OK to go back to normalcy.

If someone wants to wear a mask, or even two masks, or stay at home, or only go out early in the morning, you do you.

I find that everything in life is a risk. I’m still going to drive a car, even though people die in car accidents. I’m still going to fly on a plane, or eat a meal, despite some people can choke and die on a meal.

The majority of the human race has to move on and we can’t do it living in fear anymore.

I’ll be having my mask off except in the spots where the Mouse tells me to wear it and look forward to when none of us will be required to wear masks anywhere. If you want to go to Disney and wear a mask even though you don’t have to in most spots any more, you do you.

Last edited:

danv3

Ran into a Cast Member outside, wearing a mask.

She mentioned OSHA is still requiring workers to wear masks outside.

Also mentioned that she noticed signs changing yesterday.
OSHA does not require masks. It has issued guidance strongly recommending masks (guidance that as yet is not updated to align with the latest from the CDC).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom