News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElvisMickey

WOW WOW WOW. The amount of condescending remarks by some on here is disgusting.
What’s condescending about it? Just because you’re wearing a mask doesn’t mean you still can’t get COVID if you’re not vaccinated. And just because Disney had/has rules in place doesn’t mean that everyone has followed them. The parks have been pretty crowded at times.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I hope you’re proud of yourself.
1621047506664.png

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Zero people are too worried to travel with this change who would have been okay with the old rule.
I disagree. I specifically planned our trip to be before the May Earnings call because I wanted to squeeze it in before restrictions came down. (The CDC thing was a surprise) We’re vaxxed but our kids aren’t, and if my kids have been breathed on by maskless randos for a week, I’m not gonna be comfortable sending them to their unmasked preschool where they could spread it to other kids whose parents may not have been able to get in yet without quarantining them first. And we can’t afford to quarantine our kids for 10 days without losing our jobs so - as things stand as of tomorrow - we wouldn’t go. In 6 weeks when it’s completely inexcusable for any adult to still be unvaxxed, I’d be comfortable again.

CaptainAmerica

I disagree. I specifically planned our trip to be before the May Earning call because I wanted to squeeze it in before restrictions came down. We’re vaxxed but our kids aren’t, and if my kids have been breathed on by maskless random for a week, I’m not gonna be comfortable sending them to their unmasked preschool where they could spread it to other kids whose parents may not have been able to get in yet without quarantining them first. And we can’t afford to quarantine our kids for 10 days without losing our jobs so - as things stand as of tomorrow - we wouldn’t go. In 6 weeks when it’s completely inexcusable for any adult to still be unvaxxed, I’d be comfortable again.
You need to read the New York Times piece from a couple of days ago about outdoor transmission. It's just not a thing.

TheMaxRebo

Yeah I feel like "common areas" means walking down Main Street but entering a queue means mask on. It also seems like on say Dumbo mask is on because it may be outdoors but it is an attraction...
I think they are going to have to very much clarify after they see how its going tomorrow.

I think this is what it means.

I can picture things looking a bit odd for some of the outside extended queues - like for the Falcon where you have the outside snaking queues with people required to have masks but then the people walking by them not needing masks

But overall this is a step forward and back to normal. It had to happen at some point - would always be too late for some people and too early for others.

Positive thoughts to the TMs and CMs showing up in, well hours at this point, that need to adapt to this quickly

CaptainAmerica

what you guys need to worry about is those who are still not vaccinated walking around with no masks
No, I don't need to worry about those people, because I believe in science.

Science says my vaccine protects me.

Science says my kids are extremely low risk.

Science says outdoor transmission is EXTREMELY rare.

So no, I won't worry about that.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

At this point, they're the ones that need to worry. I'm fully vaxed and if unvaxed individuals choose to not mask in public, that's their own risk.
by relaxing the rules it will lead to those who do not get vaccinated to have less motivation to do so which means they will get the virus and it will mutate and could get a strain that the vaccine does not work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom