Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Stevek

Another interesting wrinkle to add to this is that Chapek indicated that he belived it would be a catalyst to increase attendance, and there is no point in doing that if you are still at limited capacity.
I have a feeling that Florida will be the first one to make changes as well. They've been up and running the longest and have the ability to increase capacity and likely bring back CMs quicker than Disneyland will. My guess is that by my December trip, the parks and hotels will be fully operational and they will have brought back most if not all entertainment/fireworks...assuming of course they don't decide to keep those limited purely for financial savings reasons.

fctiger

I am saying I have knowledge of the company position. They will remove outdoor mask mandates as soon as possible. They just need clarification from the state. Indoor will take longer.

OK, if you do then that's great. If so things are clearly moving along at a fast pace, especially when both Calif and Disney are on the same page lol. In that case, I might just wait it out until they announce no masks are not needed at all then, especially if it happens by the summer.

ToTBellHop

OK, if you do that's great. If so things are clearly moving along at a fast pace, especially when both Calif and Disney are on the same page lol. In that case, I might just wait it out until they announce no masks are needed at all then. Waited. this long.
That’s the issue. The state does not communicate well. Disney has asked them to clarify the 6/15 guidelines.

fctiger

That’s the issue. The state does not communicate well. Disney has asked them to clarify the 6/15 guidelines.

Well they still have a month, right? And it doesn't really matter at this point because most the reservations (at least for DL) are filled up through the end of June. It's not going to effect anything if they announce it today or a month from now in terms of reservations.

And I guess I just see the glass half full on most of this stuff (and I was seeing things half empty a year ago at this time) but the parks are open, anyone can go (and guessing non-Californians in another month), vaccinated or not, clearly capacity will get much bigger by the summer and more shops and restaurants will open as well. At this point wearing a mask or not is the least of my concern and I'm vaccinated. I'm more concerned if we will get back any night shows again by the end of this year? That's the stuff I really want to know about and why I'm not a huge rush to go back. I mean at least bring back the fireworks. Hell I'll be happy if we can just get the trams back running lol.

But maybe once they declare everyone can go maskless that will bring those things back faster, especially since its rumored fireworks may come back to WDW by summer.

fctiger

Also something that I think is commonly misunderstood, Disney World is still under a mask requirement per County guidelines. So they haven’t been allowed to remove the mask requirement and continued to do so yet.

Another good point. This will all work out in the coming weeks/months but there are still a lot of moving parts. But it's a good sign we're even talking about this and DL has only been open two weeks. So maybe by the summer, it will have a bigger change, but either way I can't blame them for wanting to be more cautious one way or the other.

Curious Constance

From Micechat article:

“UPDATE: Disney followed up on Bob’s comments with an official statement: “Today’s guidance from the CDC allowing fully vaccinated individuals to remove masks and the removal of physical distancing requirements is extremely positive news and as soon as is practical we will implement updated guidelines across our businesses.”

TP2000

From Micechat article:

“UPDATE: Disney followed up on Bob’s comments with an official statement: “Today’s guidance from the CDC allowing fully vaccinated individuals to remove masks and the removal of physical distancing requirements is extremely positive news and as soon as is practical we will implement updated guidelines across our businesses.”

Good.

The science told us six months ago this was what should happen. It's a vaccine, after all.

Glad to see the CDC and federal government finally catch up with basic 10th grade science here. Better late than never!

mickEblu

They added some more reservations to June. Looks like they re targeting 35% capacity for mid June.

E9A62403-0993-4013-8E07-0EF4C25D702A.png

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Good.

The science told us six months ago this was what should happen. It's a vaccine, after all.

Glad to see the CDC and federal government finally catch up with basic 10th grade science here. Better late than never!

I bet some of the buffet sneeze guards and the magic dots will still be there for a while though. You know, to save lives.

TP2000

The Science

Don't also forget The Data.

I just finished watching Rachel Maddow interview the latest talking head from the CDC on this sudden flip-flop on mask wearing. It reminded me how miserable so many folks are, brittle tattle-tales who want the manager to know the lady over there is not a good person and she pushed her mask down below her nose. Rachel just couldn't give it up, she's afraid, she's worried, she wants to keep her mask on for all eternity.

Rachel Maddow apparently didn't graduate from high school. Or, if she did, her science class requirements were fudged.

In her defense, the swiftness with which CDC and DC talking heads have changed their tune has been neck-snapping!

On May 11th, Dr. Walensky testified before congress that rules that state vaccinated people should wear masks outdoors while on fishing boats off the coast of Alaska should remain in place. Alaska's senior senator shot back, “Tell me, tell me how anybody thinks this is a sane and sound policy to do,” Senator Murkowski said. “This absolutely is a crazy policy,” she added of vaccinated workers on fishing and crabbing boats having to wear masks outdoors.

On May 13th, Dr. Walensky went on Rachel Maddow's national TV program and said "vaccinated people don't needs masks indoors or outdoors".

Rachel Maddow wasn't impressed. She's still scared. She ended the segment with this...

"I feel like I'm going to have to rewire myself so that when I see somebody out in the world who is not wearing a mask, I don't instantly think 'you are a threat', or 'you are selfish' or 'you are a Covid denier and you definitely haven't been vaccinated'. I mean, we're going to have to rewire the way we look at each other." -Rachel Maddow, May 13th

My God. I love Rachel. But she's nuts. If she had been at some of the parties and social events here in OC for the last 10 months, her head would have exploded. How miserable it must be to live life like that, always ready to tattle and ask for the manager and judge. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Don't also forget The Data.

I just finished watching Rachel Maddow interview the latest talking head from the CDC on this sudden flip-flop on mask wearing. It reminded me how miserable so many folks are, brittle tattle-tales who want the manager to know the lady over there is not a good person and she pushed her mask down below her nose. Rachel just couldn't give it up, she's afraid, she's worried, she wants to keep her mask on for all eternity.

Rachel Maddow apparently didn't graduate from high school. Or, if she did, her science class requirements were fudged.

In her defense, the swiftness with which CDC and DC talking heads have changed their tune has been neck-snapping!

On May 11th, Dr. Walensky testified before congress that rules that state vaccinated people should wear masks outdoors while on fishing boats off the coast of Alaska should remain in place. Alaska's senior senator shot back, “Tell me, tell me how anybody thinks this is a sane and sound policy to do,” Senator Murkowski said. “This absolutely is a crazy policy,” she added of vaccinated workers on fishing and crabbing boats having to wear masks outdoors.

On May 13th, Dr. Walensky went on Rachel Maddow's national TV program and said "vaccinated people don't needs masks indoors or outdoors".

Rachel Maddow wasn't impressed. She's still scared. She ended the segment with this...

"I feel like I'm going to have to rewire myself so that when I see somebody out in the world who is not wearing a mask, I don't instantly think 'you are a threat', or 'you are selfish' or 'you are a Covid denier and you definitely haven't been vaccinated'. I mean, we're going to have to rewire the way we look at each other."

My God. I love Rachel. But she's nuts. If she had been at some of the parties and social events here in OC for the last 10 months, her head would have exploded. How miserable it must be to live life like that, always ready to tattle and judge. :rolleyes:
Wow, maybe we should wear masks forever so she doesn’t have to stop judging people. Sounds like that’s gonna be a rough journey for her.

TP2000

We need to wear a minimum of 4 masks for the next decade and shut down the entire planet. How can we go on like this? There's just so much we don't know about this virus. Shut it down!

It would certainly make you a better person. Or at least that's how the thinking went until about 10am Eastern time this morning.

It should be interesting to see how Red states like Florida and Blue states like California react. Governor DeSantis in Florida had already removed state mandates on masks, leaving private companies like Disney hanging out there to enforce their own rules.

But California still has a mask mandate in place, giving cover to places like Disneyland, although to be honest you only need to wear it to go inside stores here in OC.

I took a Lyft home in OC two days ago after a boozy dinner, and the driver said to me as soon as I got in "You can take your mask off sir, I don't care" and I promptly removed it. We ended up chatting the whole way home. Nice kid. He got a very healthy tip in cash and thanked me profusely. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom