Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

melmel374

I also think it will be weird if they still require masks for unvaccinated children over 2 that can't even get vaccinated yet. It will be weird for a kid to have to still wear a mask while the rest of their family and/or people around them are not. My kid is a good mask wearer (if that is a thing) but I could see it being hard for him to understand if he has to wear one but nobody else.

ToTBellHop

Someone heard from CDPH that all guests over age 12 will need to provide proof of vaccine to enter theme parks as of June 15. CA-residents and non-residents. Grain of salt, of course. Just reporting.

State guidance comes after Memorial Day.

Last edited:

Stevek

LOL. What a cluster.

The CDC jumped the gun, probably to try and entice the holdouts to get vaccinated, but that won’t work… and now it’s going to be the wild west of weirdos.
Not sure it's a jump the gun thing but do believe they should have provided better guidance to places like theme parks. The problem is, when is it not considered jumping the gun? Assuming they believe there are enough vaccines in arms where they knew this would be a potential risk and were comfortable letting businesses make the call.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The Proof of Vacination thing is such a no-win situation. It's stupid... they have no credential that they can easily trust for such a thing that works for all users. The tokens that are out there today are easily faked, and companies have no real motivation to scrutinize them anyways.

It's angle that is absolutely doomed to fail because you fundamentally lack core things. And that's BEFORE anyone does any legal challenges.

It's something places of public accommodation should table before even thinking about it. D O A.

Newtwo

Someone heard from CDPH that all guests over age 12 will need to provide proof of vaccine to enter theme parks as of June 15. CA-residents and non-residents. Grain of salt, of course. Just reporting.

State guidance comes after Memorial Day.
Considering that the state is not even enforcing ID checks for out of staters I'm going to have to press x to doubt

ToTBellHop

Considering that the state is not even enforcing ID checks for out of staters I'm going to have to press x to doubt
I certainly have questions, and who knows if the CDPH person knows what they’re talking about. In the end, the Governor calls the shots.

SSG

I guess I assumed they would wait till enough people are vaccinated before individual states called off the indoor mask mandates. That way you don’t have to rely on the honor system much.
Honor System.

What could go wrong?

train discover GIF

Nirya

The Proof of Vacination thing is such a no-win situation. It's stupid... they have no credential that they can easily trust for such a thing that works for all users. The tokens that are out there today are easily faked, and companies have no real motivation to scrutinize them anyways.

It's angle that is absolutely doomed to fail because you fundamentally lack core things. And that's BEFORE anyone does any legal challenges.

It's something places of public accommodation should table before even thinking about it. D O A.

I mean, the way I have always looked at the "it's easy to fake it!" thing is that only a small subset of the population is going to be willing to go through the time and effort to actually do so. More likely that people who were on the fence about getting the vaccine will simply choose to finally get it and not deal with the hassle. It's the same thing with fake I.D.s - it's not incredibly difficult to get one that can pass at most places (I had one before I was 21) but most people are not going to bother going through the motions (I was only one of three people in my college dorm of 50+ people with one, and all of us were in frats/sororities).

Disney Analyst

Not sure it's a jump the gun thing but do believe they should have provided better guidance to places like theme parks. The problem is, when is it not considered jumping the gun? Assuming they believe there are enough vaccines in arms where they knew this would be a potential risk and were comfortable letting businesses make the call.

I would consider it not jumping the gun when you have at least 60-70% fully vaccinated. Then you can at least safely assume the majority unmasked are vaccinated.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I mean, the way I have always looked at the "it's easy to fake it!" thing is that only a small subset of the population is going to be willing to go through the time and effort to actually do so

Nope - would play out just like the GAC and service animal stuff. The gain people see far outweighs any consequences (or in this case.. effort) so selfish people will quickly flock to it.

Look at how quickly the stupid fake 'mask exception' stuff spread. This would be similar. Where there is no consequence for cheating, large portions of our population will gravitate to it because they are selfish.

More likely that people who were on the fence about getting the vaccine will simply choose to finally get it and not deal with the hassle. It's the same thing with fake I.D.s - it's not incredibly difficult to get one that can pass at most places (I had one before I was 21) but most people are not going to bother going through the motions (I was only one of three people in my college dorm of 50+ people with one, and all of us were in frats/sororities).

Creating and passing fake IDs is an actual crime - so there is a fear of consequence. Additionally, you can't just fill out a form, click print, and get a passable fake ID without a bit more effort... unlike a vaccination card. Plus, those IDs have reasonable levels of expecting what it should look like ways to pass at least basic scrutiny. It's not really the same thing.

This is more on the level of 'requiring a doctors note' - or 'a note from your mother' - There is zero way for a business to actually scrutinize proof people provide. It's no more effective than 'just tell me if you are vaccinated'.

jrayfarm

I also think it will be weird if they still require masks for unvaccinated children over 2 that can't even get vaccinated yet. It will be weird for a kid to have to still wear a mask while the rest of their family and/or people around them are not. My kid is a good mask wearer (if that is a thing) but I could see it being hard for him to understand if he has to wear one but nobody else.

We have young kids and are vaccinated as parents. We’d likely continue wearing our masks when out as a family for this very reason - it’d be real tough to explain to a four year old why “mommy and daddy don’t need to wear masks anymore but you do”.

Nirya

Nope - would play out just like the GAC and service animal stuff. The gain people see far outweighs any consequences (or in this case.. effort) so selfish people will quickly flock to it.

Look at how quickly the stupid fake 'mask exception' stuff spread. This would be similar. Where there is no consequence for cheating, large portions of our population will gravitate to it because they are selfish.

Creating and passing fake IDs is an actual crime - so there is a fear of consequence. Additionally, you can't just fill out a form, click print, and get a passable fake ID without a bit more effort... unlike a vaccination card. Plus, those IDs have reasonable levels of expecting what it should look like ways to pass at least basic scrutiny. It's not really the same thing.

This is more on the level of 'requiring a doctors note' - or 'a note from your mother' - There is zero way for a business to actually scrutinize proof people provide. It's no more effective than 'just tell me if you are vaccinated'.
GAC did not even require a minimal amount of effort that forging a vaccination card would require - all you had to do was be willing to wait in line at City Hall. Most reports on forging cards from a business perspective cite that they believe that only a vast minority of people will go through the trouble of forging a vaccine card, and most people will not go through the step.

And forging a vaccine card is considered a crime, as various authorities have been going after forgers in recent weeks. So yeah, I’m not too concerned about there being a huge rush of people going through the trouble of actually forging a card.

Curious Constance

So far today...

Michigan
Washington
Vetmont
Minnesota
Oregon
Colorado
Pennsylvania

have all dropped it's mask policy in accordance with CDC guidelines

Trader Joes has dropped their mask policy, assuming that state guidelines say it is OK

It's ****ing happening.
Oregon doesn’t include businesses yet. Whatever the F that means.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom