The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Haven't been to Hershey since I was a little kid but I remember the Hershey kisses lamp poles on the main street and the outside air smelling like chocolate.
You wouldn't recognize it. The entire entrance was redone (there was always a lot of flooding. Now this is how it appears when you enter...
1620857702308.png

93boomer

Premium Member
The pipeline is back up. It will take several days to get back to normal. Basically the fools went nuts for no reason
Yesssss Yes GIF

donaldtoo

Are we talking just one meal or the entire vacation of meals? I didn't drink heavily every day during the Food and Wine Festival so if it is the entire vacation it most certainly would be in your favor. :D

Actually, I was talkin’ about (as I believe @Figgy1 mostly was, as well) all the food bills (again, adjusted for inflation ;)) for myself and my 3 younger siblings from the time we were born until we graduated from HS and left the nest...so that doesn’t even include the many, many times over the last several decades that us and our own families have visited and eaten at their home since...!!!!! :D:hilarious:

ETA...
Also, I don’t drink as much at WDW as I do at home...it’s just too darn ‘spensive...!!!!! :greedy::greedy::greedy:

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Not sure if this is in response to anything in particular, but just wanted to note that we don't discuss politics in this thread.

And man I really hope this site doesn't stress the admins out so much they need antacids. Their work here is thankless as it is.

Actually, I heard that forum drove them to Xanax and grapefruit juice...!!! ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Actually, I was talkin’ about (as I believe @Figgy1 mostly was, as well) all the food bills (again, adjusted for inflation ;)) for myself and my 3 younger siblings from the time we were born until we graduated from HS and left the nest...so that doesn’t even include the many, many times over the last several decades that us and our own families have visited and eaten at their home since...!!!!! :D:hilarious:

ETA...
Also, I don’t drink as much at WDW as I do at home...it’s just too darn ‘spensive...!!!!! :greedy::greedy::greedy:
Then you're not drinking at my favorite watering hole there;) edit you can pick a6 pack for less than some places near me right across the walkway from there, wine prices aren't bad either

donaldtoo

Then you're not drinking at my favorite watering hole there;) edit you can pick a6 pack for less than some places near me right across the walkway from there, wine prices aren't bad either

Oh, I found much less expensive places to pickup additional, supplementary, higher octane provisions ;), like the Hess across the road from DTD.
much less expensive than a six pack of the low-grade stuff at the resort gift shops...!!!!! :greedy::D:hilarious:

donaldtoo

Just as a comment, the one and only time I went to Disneyland the daytime temperatures were 104 to 106 degrees everyone of the three days I was there. It may not have been as humid but when it hits over 100 degrees that is hot no matter how humid it gets. It was literally painful to touch any of the outdoor queue metal dividers. And that was at the end of September.

The last time we were at DLR was for one day in mid June of 2010.
We showed up in shorts and t-shirts, while sooo many others showed up in long pants and sweaters/light jackets. It was a little cool that mornin’, but, nowhere near that cool to us...!!!!! :coldfeet::cold::hilarious:
It ended up gettin’ into the low 80’s, we commandoed that place all day, and we never broke a bead of sweat...was probably a bit different at WDW that same day...!!! ;)

donaldtoo

I was told by many locals that it was unusual, but since Katrina had just happened, the usual large part of Cali was on fire and the big wind El Nino was ablowin' they were sitting around discussing how sure they were that this was going to trigger the "BIG ONE", the quake that would destroy most of the state. I spent my nights on the bottom floor of an eight story hotel expecting the top 7 floors to fall on me sometime during the night. Not the most restful way to spend a vacation and on top of all that was the fiasco known as the HM overlay. 😲

For the 8 years we lived in No Cal, from ‘68-‘76, about every 6 months some “expert” (maybe they should talk to the “perts” and not the “ex” ones :rolleyes::D) was predictin’ our half o’ Cali. was gonna’ slide off into the Pacific ‘cause of “THE BIG ONE”...!!!!! :eek:o_O:hilarious:

0BA89D87-594B-4C05-B3F3-995A04749FBE.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom