Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Sharon&Susan

Marvel Studios was directly involved in the planning and design of this land. I have no idea why anyone would think otherwise
But did Stan Lee personally design the seats for the Ant-Man Restaurant?!?!?!!
1620781087114.png

;)

Mike S

This land was not made by Marvel and the intern who designed this door didn't pay attention to what came before. Disney doesn't collaborate with anyone anymore. Like for star tours (the original) and Indiana Jones you can feel George Lucas's involvement with those rides. His touch of creativity. Rise of the resistance and Smuggler's Run? Nope. They feel too corporate. This land will be no different.
They collaborated with James Cameron for Pandora.

Old Mouseketeer

This land was not made by Marvel and the intern who designed this door didn't pay attention to what came before. Disney doesn't collaborate with anyone anymore. Like for star tours (the original) and Indiana Jones you can feel George Lucas's involvement with those rides. His touch of creativity. Rise of the resistance and Smuggler's Run? Nope. They feel too corporate. This land will be no different.

That doesn't ring true. My info from contacts within Disney who interact with Creative folks say that the company allows the various studios (including Feature Animation) to own their brands. I think we have heard a lot of stories about Imagineers, merch designers, and Character designers interacting with partners at all the brands, including Disney Feature Animation. I guess it depends on how you define collaborate. But even then, I think you can get down to hairsplitting when trying to define whether George Lucas had more say in Star Wars 1.0 versus Lucasfilm with Galaxy's Edge. However, I've heard a lot of decisions being dictated by Lucasfilm and Marvel, even down to where characters can pose for pictures and what the character hosts wear.

I don't disagree that SW:GE feels too corporate. But I believe that's more on Disney than Lucasfilm.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

That doesn't ring true. My info from contacts within Disney who interact with Creative folks say that the company allows the various studios (including Feature Animation) to own their brands. I think we have heard a lot of stories about Imagineers, merch designers, and Character designers interacting with partners at all the brands, including Disney Feature Animation. I guess it depends on how you define collaborate. But even then, I think you can get down to hairsplitting when trying to define whether George Lucas had more say in Star Wars 1.0 versus Lucasfilm with Galaxy's Edge. However, I've heard a lot of decisions being dictated by Lucasfilm and Marvel, even down to where characters can pose for pictures and what the character hosts wear.

I don't disagree that SW:GE feels to corporate. But I believe that's more on Disney than Lucasfilm.
This. There are even teams at the studios that are focused on themed entertainment, essentially liaisons between the studio and Walt Disney Imagineering.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It wasn’t really a complaint. There are all sorts of brand standards that have to be followed, so the question of why it was changed for land is a good one.

It was determined back when GotG:MB was being made that all Marvel theme-park lands are to exist in an alternate parallel universe called the "Marvel Theme Park Universe". It was meant to explain why there are continuity differences in the lands.

I don't know if this alternate logo exists in the other lands yet, but this would explain why this logo is different...to differentiate the universes. I can't imagine something this important was an oversight or that they didn't get permission to do it from the Marvel creative team who more than likely signed off on the alternate universe thing.

Much of the themes of the upcoming MCU material are going to deal with the whole multiverse paradigm.

There was also no blip (Thanos snap) in this universe: https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/a...sney-parks-version-marvel-cinematic-universe/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom