Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DCLcruiser

Is it though? That is a very specific audience.
All of the Twitter blog people love Figment. I only knew about this bc they were all going bonkers showing their unboxing videos and getting us excited. Influencers are the new TV commercial, with more reach at a fraction of the price.

Surferboy567

All of the Twitter blog people love Figment. I only knew about this bc they were all going bonkers showing their unboxing videos and getting us excited. Influencers are the new TV commercial, with more reach at a fraction of the price.
That is a good point.

All the more reason to give him attention as well.

trainplane3

Even the lights at Imagination have given up hope for the pavilion:
PXL_20210506_160554214.jpg

Mickeynerd17

I'm still quite skeptical this advent health thing is even connected at all. They probably just used this slogan to mean something else and all the figment fans are just running with it because we're understandably desperate to hear literally anything regarding figment.

But I will say, all these different appearances/mentions have been interesting. Why a car commercial? Why did Josh answer "give us more time (I'm paraphrasing)"? How would advent health be connected to figment?

All of this is both intriguing and confusing at the same time. Perhaps there's something about Advent that connects to the imagination similar to ziplocs on splash mountain. Idk.

It's all quite odd IMHO.

Inspired Figment

I honestly think you all are overthinking the Advent Health connection a little too much. I think the “One Little Spark” theme is supposed to tie in to Disney/WDW being the gateway to a world of free-spirited creativity & ideas ‘after’ getting your proper healthcare needs via Advent. (And what better character & theme to utilize for a whole world dedicated to creativity than Figment & the original Journey Into Imagination) Not necessarily Advent Health itself.
I will say though, as it stands, neither the ‘current’ Journey Into Imagination With Figment ride, nor the current plans going on for EPCOT are very celebratory of that “free-spirited creativity” but I still believe there’s hope.. it’ll just take new upper management to come in to realize what the true identity of the parks are to greenlight the revamp/comeback we want. Hence why Josh D’maro said to give them more time/wait.

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

I honestly think you all are overthinking the Advent Health connection a little too much. I think the “One Little Spark” theme is supposed to kinda tie in to Disney/WDW being the gateway to a world of free-spirited creativity & ideas. (And what better character and theme to use than Figment & the original Journey Into Imagination) Not necessarily Advent Health itself.
I will say though, as it stands, neither the ‘current’ Journey Into Imagination With Figment ride, nor the current plans going on for EPCOT are very celebratory of that “free-spirited creativity” but I still believe there’s hope.. it’ll just take new upper management to come in to realize what the true identity of the parks are to greenlight the revamp/comeback we want. Hence why Josh D’maro said to give them more time/wait.
That's more along the lines of my thought process right now. I honestly don't see the current ride running through 2030 or at worst 2040, but we'll see what happens.

Homemade Imagineering

Yeah, this Advent Health thing doesn't mean anything. Regardless, I think it's important to recognize Play, as many have speculated that he'll have some sort of role there in the form of a VR character. This, is something that'll be pivotal in boosting his popularity among younger generations, as he will make appearances not only in his attraction, but also in Play itself (and throughout the various festivals through merch). Yes, I'm sure we'll get Figment merch in play, but when I refer to his role there, I am specifically referring to the VR redesign project, which has yet to reveal itself.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Wouldn’t it be awesome if, instead of a tv series based scavenger hunt on the phones, we had a figment based one going around the world showcase? Themed to different areas of how imagination has influenced the world.

pdude81

Wouldn’t it be awesome if, instead of a tv series based scavenger hunt on the phones, we had a figment based one going around the world showcase? Themed to different areas of how imagination has influenced the world.
I get what you're saying, but personally I'd rather keep the shows in the phone game and Figment in the pavilion.

pdude81

Cool. I’d rather have Figment spread out throughout the park PLUS in his pavilion.
From my point of view, Figment is already spread out in the parks in force for marketing in all of the festivals. They have already put some money into a Ducktales game for WS so that would be burning money to focus on a new iteration of Figment that would last for several years. I can't imagine that either locking him in as the current personality or revamping for a new game wouldn't constrain planning for a new ride to make sure it jived thematically with what they would then have in the parks and (post-development) costs very little to run.

So I look at that as putting the cart before the horse. Give Figment a new career and a new team (Dreamfinder), then worry about the fringe benefits.

Inspired Figment

Cool. Let's expand past the marketing, then.
Agreed! But I’d rather better management come in to handle it, than have Chapek screw it up just as Eisner & Pressler did in the late 90s.. I mean granted, if Chapek was smart & dedicated enough to making Disney the best it could be.. he would change his ways and be more accepting to free spirited creativity and be more supportive towards the artists and imagineers below him.. but I highly doubt that’ll happen anytime soon. At this rate, we can only hope Chapek finds a job elsewhere better suited to his goals & strengths & a new CEO and folks around him will come in that’ll be what I just described.

sedati

Anyone remember an odd video game that I believe was in the Imagination pavilion? It was a crude attempt at holography and you faced off against a cowboy as I remember it. It used a real actor and I think a peppers ghost type projection effect. Probably a lazer disk experience where you are triggering different chapters by your limited actions. My brother played it once. It did cost money to try, but you could also just watch it in a sort of demo mode.

*I found it, though I can't remember exactly where it was placed:

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Anyone remember an odd video game that I believe was in the Imagination pavilion? It was a crude attempt at holography and you faced off against a cowboy as I remember it. It used a real actor and I think a peppers ghost type projection effect. Probably a lazer disk experience where you are triggering different chapters by your limited actions. My brother played it once. It did cost money to try, but you could also just watch it in a sort of demo mode.

*I found it, though I can't remember exactly where it was placed:

My guess is it was in Innoventions and not the Imagination Pavilion. If I remember correctly, in the first few years they had an area sponsored by Sega with a bunch of different Sega consoles and arcade games.

sedati

My guess is it was in Innoventions and not the Imagination Pavilion. If I remember correctly, in the first few years they had an area sponsored by Sega with a bunch of different Sega consoles and arcade games.
That would make sense, but the specific trip I'm recalling predates Innoventions (1991). I remember it just sort of placed in an out of the way area that was pretty dark.
I did find this post- seems it eventually made its way to the Poly:
Sad to hear it.
I have good memories of Moana Mickey's as a kid.
Before I was old enough for my parents to turn me loose in the parks, the resort arcade was one of the few places I could get away from them on my own for a while.
I remember Moana Mickey's had two games I really liked:

A Taito "Space Gun" rail cabinet (scary)

1122656149.jpg

...and a really wacky Sega "Time Traveler".
This thing really blew my mind as a kid. It was really nothing more than a Dragon's Layer-style laserdisc game, but it used a cleverly-placed curved mirror to create a "holographic" display that appeared to make the images float in 3D. I've never seen one of those machines anywhere else.

Arcade_complete_view.jpg

UNCgolf

That would make sense, but the specific trip I'm recalling predates Innoventions (1991). I remember it just sort of placed in an out of the way area that was pretty dark.
I did find this post- seems it eventually made its way to the Poly:

Huh, interesting. Maybe it was in Communicore as a preliminary thing before they made a bigger Sega area when switching over to Innoventions?

Or maybe it wasn't at Epcot at all and was at one of the resort arcades, and you just associated it with Epcot since Epcot was all about the future?

I don't see where it would have gone in the Imagination Pavilion since ImageWorks was already full of activities -- also I was there around that time period and don't remember any arcade games in it, although that doesn't mean there weren't. I'm sure there are lots of things I don't remember from those trips since I was just a kid.

sedati

Huh, interesting. Maybe it was in Communicore as a preliminary thing before they made a bigger Sega area when switching over to Innoventions?

Or maybe it wasn't at Epcot at all and was at one of the resort arcades, and you just associated it with Epcot since Epcot was all about the future?

I don't see where it would have gone in the Imagination Pavilion since ImageWorks was already full of activities -- also I was there around that time period and don't remember any arcade games in it, although that doesn't mean there weren't. I'm sure there are lots of things I don't remember from those trips since I was just a kid.
All very possible, but my memory is pretty distinct on this and now that I found the game itself I'm surprised at how well I actually remembered what it was like. The only resort arcade I'd ever been to was the one at the Contemporary (never lucky enough to stay there, but we did the concourse breakfasts back then.) I really do recall it just being there all by itself- not in an arcade, and not with any other games, especially paid ones. Thanks for your thoughts as I try to muddle through my memories (this just popped into my head and has been bugging me all day.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom