Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DoleWhipDrea

I believe that backdrop has been there for quite some time now.
It has. Joy was doing M&G there for a little while before the pandemic but after the Innoventions M&G location for her (and Sadness) closed.

Joy arriving in the pavilion caused some concern from fans about whether this was a precursor to Disney wanting to do that Inside Out redo, but since Pete Docter (now Chief creative officer at Pixar) reportedly shut the proposal down by reiterating that everyone loves Figment, fans of Figment can at least take some comfort.

With EPCOT’s main meet and greet area gone, the characters needed to go somewhere else until PLAY! is ready to go - or at least, that’s my guess.

Mickeynerd17

With EPCOT’s main meet and greet area gone, the characters needed to go somewhere else until PLAY! is ready to go - or at least, that’s my guess.
Yes, that was the reason because Joy and Sadness were across the breezeway in former Innoventions West before the closure/demolition. Play is going to be the new "character spot".

Brer Panther

Joy and Sadness can be found all across Epcot. But mainly Sadness.

Tvg7nN9.gif

trainplane3

Perhaps against my better judgement, I'll toss an offer out to a few on here. I'll be in Epcot on 5/6 and 5/7 till at least 1pm (thanks Park Pass) and I'm DVC. If someone would like to see the DVC lounge, let me know. I know the lounge pops up occasionally as a conversation piece so I figured I'll toss a limited offer here. It's not a big meet up like 2019, just an offer to those in the park on the 2 days for a quick trip upstairs (half hour should be enough?).

Things to remember: It's a DVC lounge. It's boring. The music is boring. The theming is generic. But the location is unique and still pretty neat. Plus free soft drinks and snacks.

There'll be more opportunities over the year with 2 more trips planned but I won't set super specific plans until those are much closer.

Last edited:

pdude81

I forgot to mention that we saw Josh D'Amaro at Riviera on our recent trip. Very personable and engaging, nice to talk to, I took my one shot at asking about future operations to say that while we (family) still even enjoy Figment in his current form, we'd like to know if there is any chance we can get the Dreamfinder back. I didn't expect much of an answer, but he just asked that we give him a little time.

Certainly nothing newsworthy here, but at least he knows the random people he met that day care about Figment and the spirit of the original JII.

trainplane3

I forgot to mention that we saw Josh D'Amaro at Riviera on our recent trip. Very personable and engaging, nice to talk to, I took my one shot at asking about future operations to say that while we (family) still even enjoy Figment in his current form, we'd like to know if there is any chance we can get the Dreamfinder back. I didn't expect much of an answer, but he just asked that we give him a little time.

Certainly nothing newsworthy here, but at least he knows the random people he met that day care about Figment and the spirit of the original JII.
Every little bit helps. They'd be just...special...if they got rid of figment just from a merch angle. But then again we've seen what they're fine with doing sooooooo...

Inspired Figment

My guess is that’s either a cast model to use for either creating the puppets seen in the ride’s finale ‘or’ the cable controlled Figment puppet used in the never-aired Dreamfinders show developed for Disney Channel back when it launched.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom