Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

How about we wait for that moment until the vaccine is at least available to all ages?
Some places already have. Had lunch in a restaurant in somewhereville Missouri yesterday that had no masks in evidence on customers or servers. Totally surreal experience, as if they never acknowledged the existence of virus. No signs on the doors and no tape evidence that there ever were any. Food was great, french dip made with pot roast meat on a bakery fresh roll. Mmmm good, my mask stayed in my pocket, been vaccinated for months now.
I'm still wearing one when others are, I expect spotty compliance until July then all masks are off.

mmascari

Like I said earlier though the majority of people I know won’t get one because they see no incentive to do so.
These people are stupid, they cannot understand a delayed incentive.

Get vaccinated, cases drop, mitigations end.
Don’t get vaccinated, cases don't drop, mitigation’s last longer.

Wanting mitigation’s to end faster but doing the second makes no sense. It’s actively working against what they want. We call people that actively work against what they want stupid.

It’s not even a complicated message or sequence.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Couldn’t agree more. But that’s what the polling data suggests
Again, that’s not actually what the poll said. It said if people could actually stop wearing a mask immediately after being vaccinated they would be more interested in getting a vaccine. That’s not possible though. So if Biden says that’s the new rule but Disney and CVS both say we are still requiring a masks then people are angry that they still have to wear masks and they show up ready for a fight. We shouldn’t have to lie to people or trick them. Just make a vaccination target and stick to it.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Do Georgia, Texas, Florida et al have higher vaccination rates than other places? If not, then the argument that government restrictions are hampering vaccination doesn’t really follow.
NJ has most high vaccination in the state, as we will see NJ will get back to normal with NYC too in couple months, we will see masks will be gone as social distancing as well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
These people are stupid, they cannot understand a delayed incentive.

Get vaccinated, cases drop, mitigations end.
Don’t get vaccinated, cases don't drop, mitigation’s last longer.

Wanting mitigation’s to end faster but doing the second makes no sense. It’s actively working against what they want. We call people that actively work against what they want stupid.

It’s not even a complicated message or sequence.

Problem is, mitigations are already being dropped in some states, so that takes away the "get vaccinated, mitigations end" incentive.

GimpYancIent

Just something to think about. If people are constantly verbally attacked, villainized as problem causers and framed as being sub-intelligent. I do not see those folks being very cooperative or motivated to seeing things in a different way, rather, digging their heals in and resisting. How about cooling it on the rhetoric and stop being mighty / mighty !

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just something to think about. If people are constantly verbally attacked, villainized as problem causers and framed as being sub-intelligent. I do not see those folks being very cooperative or motivated to seeing things in a different way, rather, digging their heals in and resisting. How about cooling it on the rhetoric and stop being mighty / mighty !
How about I offer a hug and a personal compliment for anyone who gets the vaccine. I’m a great hugger :)

Angel Ariel

Some places already have. Had lunch in a restaurant in somewhereville Missouri yesterday that had no masks in evidence on customers or servers. Totally surreal experience, as if they never acknowledged the existence of virus. No signs on the doors and no tape evidence that there ever were any. Food was great, french dip made with pot roast meat on a bakery fresh roll. Mmmm good, my mask stayed in my pocket, been vaccinated for months now.
I'm still wearing one when others are, I expect spotty compliance until July then all masks are off.
And as this becomes normal, it forces us to isolate our high-risk 8 year old more like we did a year ago until she has access to a vaccine. Because apparently keeping current status quo until September (when Pfizer has said they expect vaccines for the younger ages) is asking too much.

Incomudro

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but people in general are getting really sick of the “Covid rules” at some point we have to realize this isn’t going away and we need to get back to the way things were. There’s an inherent risk to everything you do everyday.
Getting the most people vaccinated is what makes it "go away," or more correctly - lowers infection levels to a point where mitigation measures go away - and life returns to normal.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Fair point. No Georgia actually has a low vaccination rate but people in general still wear them. Like I said earlier though the majority of people I know won’t get one because they see no incentive to do so. This also aligns with polls that suggest mask wearing is preventing people from getting the vaccine. Anything the fed says isn’t binding to private establishments but it would boost public confidence and more people on the fence about getting them would be more willing.
You don’t seem to realize that your suggestion for increasing vaccination is to follow the policies of places with low vaccination.

As you admit, the federal guidance you want being released tomorrow changes absolutely nothing for people in Georgia. Outside of a few select things like indoor concerts, very few businesses are going to bother with a vaccine passport, they’ll just continue with their rules. Since few aggressively enforce their rules there is no point in announcing an honor system no-masks policy. If a person’s reasoning for not getting vaccinated really is having to wear a mask afterwards there is actually very little that stops them from not wearing a mask.

In Florida, even less changes since businesses cannot have different policies based on vaccination status. Masks are either required for everyone or no one. And since most places aren’t aggressive with enforcement people can largely ignore those rules if that is really their reason for not getting vaccinated.

Incomudro

You want people to be incentivized to get a shot. Then the CDC and other Heath experts should drop the safety measures completely for those who are vaccinated. Most of the people I know who don’t want one feel that there’s no point to it because they still have to do the same things as being unvaccinated

I would LOVE for for the measures to be dropped for those who are vaccinated.

mmascari

Problem is, mitigations are already being dropped in some states, so that takes away the "get vaccinated, mitigations end" incentive.
Presumably, those states have a higher value they’ll accept for normal. This is a failing of the federal government to set a national policy goal. Biden should be the one to set an acceptable goal for the nation. Then states could argue if they want a higher spread goal.

If talking about an acceptable level of death and other long term impacts is uncomfortable, they should just set a vaccinated goal, high enough to get the desired outcome. Again, a federal goal would set a floor states could argue around, along with the metric. Instead of some using “adults” and others “population”.

States removing mitigations without stating a goal are saying the current level is the goal by omission. It’s sneaky and magical thinking that it’s better than the stats show (for most states).

ColeTrain04

You don’t seem to realize that your suggestion for increasing vaccination is to follow the policies of places with low vaccination.

As you admit, the federal guidance you want being released tomorrow changes absolutely nothing for people in Georgia. Outside of a few select things like indoor concerts, very few businesses are going to bother with a vaccine passport, they’ll just continue with their rules. Since few aggressively enforce their rules there is no point in announcing an honor system no-masks policy. If a person’s reasoning for not getting vaccinated really is having to wear a mask afterwards there is actually very little that stops them from not wearing a mask.

In Florida, even less changes since businesses cannot have different policies based on vaccination status. Masks are either required for everyone or no one. And since most places aren’t aggressive with enforcement people can largely ignore those rules if that is really their reason for not getting vaccinated.
Who said anything about a vaccine passport? Who said businesses can’t enforce what policies they want? I said it would create an incentive for people to get vaccinated if the fed said vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks. If the CDC said that it’s not binding or law that business must follow. They would still have the right to refuse service to whoever doesn’t follow their policies. But it would also increase the amount of vaccinations which would cause these businesses to change their policies faster than they currently are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom