News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

I wonder if they could do a second canopy instead of a fully enclosed tunnel? So basically the tunnel would look like another tron canopy?

That’s not what was in either concept art of course but it could be kinda cool.

doctornick

I wonder if they could do a second canopy instead of a fully enclosed tunnel? So basically the tunnel would look like another tron canopy?

That’s not what was in either concept art of course but it could be kinda cool.

I think the issue is that they would want a complete tunnel to capture the steam from the train and prevent it from staining the canopy over time.

TrainsOfDisney

I think the issue is that they would want a complete tunnel to capture the steam from the train and prevent it from staining the canopy over time.
In a perfect world they could just pressure wash the interior once a month. But we all know how often they clean the monorail beams so that wouldn’t actually happen on a regular basis.

But yes that would be an issue.

corran horn

Now we see the TRUE reason for shutting down the wedway for a year!

They wanted to shield views of that square nothing-to-see-here blue monstrosity! 😈

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Now we see the TRUE reason for shutting down the wedway for a year!

They wanted to shield views of that square nothing-to-see-here blue monstrosity! 😈
I preferred this

00653BDE-AA5A-444C-B3D6-5DE0FFBFC3A2.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I prefer they build more e tickets without replacing classic attractions. If they gotta bulldoze a few trees, they can plant a few more somewhere else. Beautiful view? Absolutely. New e ticket that kicks serious posterior? Fantastic.

I'd agree if they were building an awesome new E-ticket there, but that's not what they're building.

J4546

tron is a pretty cool ride, it just sucks that its a 1 minute ride....but I understand as its a coaster and has what are probably not that comfortable seats for longer rides....I still think its an improvement to a park that needs improvements.

Skibum1970

Of course you would. So will many more. That’s why they can build this here.

Disney has been removing trees and that is just annoying. It's a coaster that lasts a minute and a half and whose capacity isn't anything phenomenal (1,600 pph in absolute best case). I am looking forward to riding it but so much about it is a head-scratcher (eg. Cost, location, need, etc.). Of course, it will have a two and a half hour line and so I will probably skip it after all (even longer if they FP+ it). The canopy will become sun-bleached and stained/dirty within a short time. As to whether or not the park needs it, I would actually argue that other parks need more rides than Magic Kingdom to spread the crowds over to the other three parks. TRON in Studios would have made more sense.

J4546

I think Disney purchased 3 of these so they had to put them somewhere. I could be totally wrong about that though, but if Im not, then they have 2 more to place somewhere and they decided to put 1 of them in MK tomorrowland....I think it fits and when its done, will be a great addition. Tron would have fit well at DHS I agree, but maybe Disney already has more big plans for DHS and thats why they didnt put it there? Same with GotG coaster.... Im an optimist with these situations, I think the people at disney have a 10+ year plan ahead of them and we will be getting more cool stuff in the future, esp in DHS.

Also maybe they will get rid of the barnstormer and shift the entire pathway over, closer to autopia and give perhaps a viewing area with a railing looking out over autopia. Im heard autopia is getting a major refurb soon. Possibly (hopefully) electrified and with a tron aesthetic. and if they do that, having a cool viewing area looking out over would be chill, esp with the massive tron canopy behind you...that entire area could be really something special.

TrainsOfDisney

Im heard autopia is getting a major refurb soon. Possibly (hopefully) electrified and with a tron aesthetic.
The one time when adding a popular IP makes complete sense and would be a huge improvement Disney says “oh let’s leave the speedway alone.”

Wreck-it-Ralph would be perfect. Make the fantasyland end sugar rush themed to help that transition, Tron would work with the “breaks the internet” theme and vintage 70’s Tomorrowland works with the vintage arcade game.

It’s so perfect they won’t do it! Ha.

ImperfectPixie

The one time when adding a popular IP makes complete sense and would be a huge improvement Disney says “oh let’s leave the speedway alone.”

Wreck-it-Ralph would be perfect. Make the fantasyland end sugar rush themed to help that transition, Tron would work with the “breaks the internet” theme and vintage 70’s Tomorrowland works with the vintage arcade game.

It’s so perfect they won’t do it! Ha.
Ew...I think the sugar rush theme is way too kiddie looking in comparison to TRON and they're visible from each other. I think it would be far too jarring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom