New The Living Seas survey

Poseidon Quest

No ride has ever been as immersive as Rise. It seamlessly combines an amazing walking portion (yes I count the queue), a trackless ride, a drop tower, and a simulator.

I enjoy the queue from the hologram room to walking on to the transport. It is incredible to walk around on a Star Destroyer and to be “interrogated”. Such an immersive experience.

The actual ride as I said above combines so many ride systems together to make a great experience.

I don't find the queue particularly exciting. It's a series of props thrown about a cave system with no thought put into it. If you're comparing it to something like, say Flight of Passage, the queue documents your journey and tells you about the world around you through its smaller details. Rise does no such thing.

There's nothing new or innovative about a trackless ride going into a drop tower. The Tower of Terror has been doing this 27 years now. Sure the screen was added, but it's not a stretch in engineering.

I suppose the star destroyer is impressive if you don't notice of the ships losing frames and lagging across the screen.

I wouldn't say the attraction is bad, but it lacks... imagination. Once the shininess wears off, I'm not confident that it'll be a good long term investment for the parks.

Surferboy567

I don't find the queue particularly exciting. It's a series of props thrown about a cave system with no thought put into it. If you're comparing it to something like, say Flight of Passage, the queue documents your journey and tells you about the world around you through its smaller details. Rise does no such thing.

There's nothing new or innovative about a trackless ride going into a drop tower. The Tower of Terror has been doing this 27 years now. Sure the screen was added, but it's not a stretch in engineering.

I suppose the star destroyer is impressive if you don't notice of the ships losing frames and lagging across the screen.

I wouldn't say the attraction is bad, but it lacks... imagination. Once the shininess wears off, I'm not confident that it'll be a good long term investment for the parks.
This and the Tower aren’t the same thing.

As for how everyone views the attraction, it’s all up to opinion. FoP is my second favorite ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is extremely innovative. I will admit two things though, I don’t mind the sequels, and I am a huge Star Wars fan.

No ride has ever been as immersive as Rise. It seamlessly combines an amazing walking portion (yes I count the queue), a trackless ride, a drop tower, and a simulator.

I enjoy the queue from the hologram room to walking on to the transport. It is incredible to walk around on a Star Destroyer and to be “interrogated”. Such an immersive experience.

The actual ride as I said above combines so many ride systems together to make a great experience.
Ok...nevermind...you answered it.

but might want to put a spoiler tag on it...since few have actually ridden it.

ill never forget it: it was 4/9/21...my one moment in time

...sing it, Whitney!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is extremely innovative. I will admit two things though, I don’t mind the sequels, and I am a huge Star Wars fan.

No ride has ever been as immersive as Rise. It seamlessly combines an amazing walking portion (yes I count the queue),
a trackless ride, a drop tower, and a simulator. I enjoy the queue from the hologram room to walking on to the transport. It is incredible to walk around on a Star Destroyer and to be “interrogated”. Such an immersive experience.

The older I get...the more convinced I am it was a “period piece”...it was a “fairy tale for a generation growing up without heroes following a time of social upheaval”
(For 50 points...who said that?)

it’s locked in time with a million details that never quite lined up the same

It’s the ethos...not the components...and a certain pathos grew out of that.

and now we are thoroughly off course...I’ll end with this

its just got too much bad/ disjointed elements thrown in it. The trackless is short and dull...the stormtrooper room is cool...but you can’t have an intergalactic facist regime with 350 lb officers (either they’re serious about this cosplay crap...or they’re not? Pay $1000 a night for that nonsense. It’s not the Pooh ride)

The AT-ATs were pointless...just oversized props...they didn’t “wow” really at all.
The simulator is about 10 seconds...

the Ren Was pretty rigid. Nothing like the shaman. Did they sneak the wicked witch in there.

the weasly guy is in a better ride up I-4

and leave the mon Calamari characters out. Just DONT...you’ve done enough.

they’re fighting themselves in that land. It’s obvious. Based on 4 really bad movies and they can’t embrace really what sells the swag. It’s no secret that the OT is the only thing selling...check the product and where LFL has “quietly” been forced to pivot too. They’re making stuff that is more EU...in pergatory around the periphery of the OT.

it is what it is. I’m very versed in Disney and Star Wars...and their business. It’s why I’m so loved Around here 🤪

Last edited:

Poseidon Quest

Er... anyways, getting back on topic, I've scouted this thread a bit and I see that there's a somewhat popular opinion on theming the attraction to explore the Mariana Trench.

Within the last year, I've formulated the idea that something like this would be an incredible retheme of the attraction. Maybe not the Mariana Trench specifically, but I would be interested in seeing the omnimover stay and depict a dive to the depths. I quite like the queue as it is, depicting you moving from the beach and going underwater. The portion where the animated characters are going around calling for Nemo could be turned into a more colorful reef scene with an educational spiel to accompany it. The jellyfish could stay, and so would the angler fish. Forward from this though, something I would like to see is the depiction of the... less understood creatures of the deep sea. For example, there was a strange species of squid caught on camera near a Japanese oil rig a few years ago, which became the inspiration for this idea. I'll post a video to it down below. In the Museum of Nature History in New York City, there's also a life-size depiction of a battle between a Giant Squid and a Sperm Whale, something I would definitely like to see in animatronic form. Perhaps the sunken submarine with the sharks in it could be repurposed to an educational scene around how fish utilize discarded vehicles for shelter along the ocean floor. It's an attraction with a lot of potential I think, and apparently I'm not the first person to be interested in something like it. Now would Chapek approve an idea like this without cartoons attached? Most likely not.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Er... anyways, getting back on topic, I've scouted this thread a bit and I see that there's a somewhat popular opinion on theming the attraction to explore the Mariana Trench.

Within the last year, I've formulated the idea that something like this would be an incredible retheme of the attraction. Maybe not the Mariana Trench specifically, but I would be interested in seeing the omnimover stay and depict a dive to the depths. I quite like the queue as it is, depicting you moving from the beach and going underwater. The portion where the animated characters are going around calling for Nemo could be turned into a more colorful reef scene with an educational spiel to accompany it. The jellyfish could stay, and so would the angler fish. Forward from this though, something I would like to see is the depiction of the... less understood creatures of the deep sea. For example, there was a strange species of squid caught on camera near a Japanese oil rig a few years ago, which became the inspiration for this idea. I'll post a video to it down below. In the Museum of Nature History in New York City, there's also a life-size depiction of a battle between a Giant Squid and a Sperm Whale, something I would definitely like to see in animatronic form. Perhaps the sunken submarine with the sharks in it could be repurposed to an educational scene around how fish utilize discarded vehicles for shelter along the ocean floor. It's an attraction with a lot of potential I think, and apparently I'm not the first person to be interested in something like it. Now would Chapek approve an idea like this without cartoons attached? Most likely not.

I don’t see that kind of investment/commitment by management to the seas

I wish...it really represents the start of a golden era for wdw (first thing built by the new management in the 80’s)....but I don’t think this group of suits/cowards would have the sea stones to just do solid investments without an easy “sell” ip angle

Bocabear

And...if we are getting the Moana Journey of Kiddie play splash zone leading up to the Seas, wouldn't they want to then carry theme into the attraction in some way?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And...if we are getting the Moana Journey of Kiddie play splash zone leading up to the Seas, wouldn't they want to then carry theme into the attraction in some way?
It's not a splash pad.

Though, I can see how with "interactive fountains," it would be difficult for kids to *not* get wet.

Even with the dancing fountains by Imagination, youth find ways to get wet (mostly unintentionally).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It's not a splash pad.

Though, I can see how with "interactive fountains," it would be difficult for kids to *not* get wet.

Even with the dancing fountains by Imagination, youth find ways to get wet (mostly unintentionally).

it’s not anything right now...are we sure this didn’t get put to pasture too?

sedati

Perhaps that's what the rumored new Hydrolators were for. Not to take us from the surface to the seabase and back, but to take us from the seabase down to the real depths. Keep thinking their new allegiance with James Cameron could pay off as he's been there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Perhaps that's what the rumored new Hydrolators were for. Not to take us from the surface to the seabase and back, but to take us from the seabase down to the real depths. Keep thinking their new allegiance with James Cameron could pay off as he's been there.

he wouldn’t settle for less than that water face thing as the narrator...and Joe rohde is gone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom