Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

That helps businesses, and certainly some people will come along if their employer offer a half day, full day, whatever.

A tax credit to the individual might go a little further. And it doesn’t need to be huge. Leave it to the economists to figure out the figure, but people get flu shots for a $5 kickback.
For very rural people who need to travel long distances to reach a town that has a medical facility or pharmacy, the kickback needs to be enough to cover the round trip twice. A not-insignificant percentage of people in Montana would fall into that category.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 83 new reported deaths, along with 2 Non-Florida Resident deaths.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.51.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.51.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.52.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.51.12 PM.png

Patcheslee

I think it will permanent. The Bills season doesn't start till the fall. If what many are saying community spread should be low by then. Why would they even have it unless it's a permanent thing. Where I see it staying is concerts, sporting events cruises and possibly some amusement parks.
My thought is they want to give people plenty of warning of requirements and give current ticket holders the opportunity to seek a refund.

sullyinMT

For very rural people who need to travel long distances to reach a town that has a medical facility or pharmacy, the kickback needs to be enough to cover the round trip twice. A not-insignificant percentage of people in Montana would fall into that category.
Agreed wholeheartedly. Though our most rural counties are kicking the cities’ rear. Add to that the “new vaccine” argument, two shots, and lots of other things, and the number certainly needs to be more than $5. Maybe add two zeroes per family member. And, in this case, don’t phase it out based on income. Get all the late comers to the party, regardless of other circumstance.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I do get where you're coming from. I disagree on community spread being low for not needing it. Do you think once community spread is low that SeaWorld will drop their proof of vaccine? Or the Bills in Buffalo doing the same?
Yes, it will be dropped eventually. CA just revised their guidance for theme parks to reopen to allow out of state guests if they show proof of vaccination or a negative test so it’s not a corporate policy but one to comply with CA state law. I don’t think the state will keep that requirement for long. They are talking about walking back restrictions as early as June. CA is at around 6 cases per 100,000 people now. I think a drop to around 3 gets them to remove a lot of restrictions.

The Mets and Yankees already said their proof of vaccination or negative Covid test is temporary and is based on NY state requiring it for pro sports and their hope is that capacity limits and testing requirements are relaxed as cases come down.

correcaminos

And even urbanites who have no reliable transportation. Not going to guess what would be a good average either as COL can vary too.

Incomudro

To wit: everyone who refuses to get vaccinated doesn’t want it to go away.

Everyone who refuses to properly wear a mask doesn’t want it to go away.

Everyone in and using the media to discourage people from getting vaccinated and wearing masks, and confusing them into thinking it’s some kind of “rights” issue don’t want it to go away.
This isn't true at all.
Those people may be keeping covid around longer, due to their actions - but that doesn't connote a want.
"Want" is different.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Sea World in CA is doing it for out of state guests now. Proof of Vaccinations or a negative Covid test for all guests 3 and up. Not required for CA residents. That’s the first national theme park company I’ve seen implement that. Not required for Sea World FL though.

Isn't the Sea World test required within 72 hours? Feasibly you could use the same "negative" test for 3 days. No one is requiring a test every day. Maybe a little annoying but with the rate of rapid test availability not impossible. Heck, they could even have a few test areas set up on WDW property.

Just to clarify this - Seaworld has updated their site today and removed the text about negative COVID tests for out-of-state visitors.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 3.11.18 PM.png

MickeyLuv'r

I'm dangerously uninformed about a life-threatening condition that I have lived with for four decades?? :D:D Look, I can tell that you mean well and much of what you posted is correct information, I'm just not entirely sure where you read this from my posts. I'll chalk it up to crossed wires so that i can get back to today's juicy COVID drama on the boards here. I'm still a few pages back and I'm running out of popcorn... ;)

A person with a milder allergy can tolerate a some exposure to their allergen, but gets sick when they are exposed to a large amount of the allergen.

That does NOT mean the person is faking their allergy. Accusing anyone of faking an allergy is dangerous, and that's how multiple posts read, at least to me. It is possible to have an allergic reaction to a vaccine.

A close relative of mine suffered frequent stomach pain for years. She visited many doctors trying to find a solution but to no avail. Turns out, she had an undiagnosed food allergy. She finally learned it was a food allergy, but she was already an adult.

Many people who knew her, didn't believe her. They had seen her ingest her allergen many times, so THEY were certain she wasn't allergic to it.

They went so far as to 'test' her, by purposely exposing her to her allergen without telling her, and triggered a rather severe reaction. Sadly, her experience is VERY common!

Please do not do this to anyone!

sullyinMT

Another way to look at the demand issue, at least for FL:
For a minute now, that “first dose” number has been right around 2.8-2.9 million. That means, to me anyway, that for every person completing their second dose, someone else is behind them in line to take a spot. Give or take on any given day, but the trend is consistent. If that first dose number falls off well before they (FL) have enough people vaccinated, it will be a sign of alarm.
I don’t like the unused appointments sitting around, but with more sites added and more supply pumped in, it may be that ~3M shots/day is our threshold without a new approach.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Still planning on the August trip?

As I think that's our biggest difference. You have hope and see the bright side and assume community spread will be low by the middle of August. I have concern, and while I was holding out that you're correct, this morning I moved our 7/31 reservation to June 2022. It's possible we're both right, I think there's 2 weeks between my old date and your date. It's possible that's enough time to make a difference. There's always hope. :happy:
It’s way too early to give up on the Summer yet. I would give you a bunch of reasons why but then I’d get the doom and gloom police trying to pick apart my post and spin things. I will cancel my trip if I don’t think the situation looks good by then. I see no reason to assume that today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom