News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

PrinceCharming617

I wish I had your optimism about this... If the show is spectacular can you forgive the permanent eyesore gas refinery in the middle of the lake? I am not so sure... It is still hard to tell without the fountains and screens on...
Bob thanks you.

LOL, if you block one eye and look away from it it's not so bad.

EdnaMode

I had seen a few pieces of it out there several weeks ago and I’m sure the night show will be great. But seeing all of it for the first time in the daytime today, that thing has truly become the biggest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

I hope I can eat these words some day...

techgeek

It could be, depending on the mammal and the conditions. I don't think there's any feasible way to keep an orca in acceptable conditions in captivity, though.

Convert WS lagoon to a salt water habitat and buy out Sea World. Orcas get tons of room and a big Stargate hoop to jump though - it’s a win for all!

... joking aside, it’s a complicated matter compounded by the fact that it’s not likely viable to return these orcas successfully to the wild. Many were born in captivity and literally know no other way. Mistakes were made in the past, but I don’t think boycotting their current management makes amends for that and may actively hurt the long term care of these individuals. I think their ambassadorship is an important role, which can also be said for many of their land mammal counterparts over at AK.

It’s a nuanced subject for another thread.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The screens look 8'-10' above the water line. Why aren't the screens along the side of the barges and only 18"-24" above the water line?

The lower something is.. the harder it is for people to see it. Remember, the viewing area is raised above the lagoon... and you have people several rows deep. Putting it right on the water line would make it that much harder to see.

UNCgolf

Convert WS lagoon to a salt water habitat and buy out Sea World. Orcas get tons of room and a big Stargate hoop to jump though - it’s a win for all!

... joking aside, it’s a complicated matter compounded by the fact that it’s not likely viable to return these orcas successfully to the wild. Many were born in captivity and literally know no other way. Mistakes were made in the past, but I don’t think boycotting their current management makes amends for that and may actively hurt the long term care of these individuals. I think their ambassadorship is an important role, which can also be said for many of their land mammal counterparts over at AK.

It’s a nuanced subject for another thread.

They need to stop breeding them in captivity so that they can phase them out. The fact that they are trained for shows is also a potential concern -- they don't use the elephants at AK in circus shows. Regardless, I'm not sure you can build a tank large enough to comfortably keep orcas in captivity.

But it's certainly a complicated subject that doesn't need to be hashed out here.

peter11435

They need to stop breeding them in captivity so that they can phase them out. The fact that they are trained for shows is also a potential concern -- they don't use the elephants at AK in circus shows. Regardless, I'm not sure you can build a tank large enough to comfortably keep orcas in captivity.

But it's certainly a complicated subject that doesn't need to be hashed out here.
Didn’t they end their breeding program a couple years ago?

Back to the Taco & SG1 Show!
Made a visit last week and got some great perspective photos of the World Showcase Lagoon.
First up "I am pinching your head!" or "Crushing your SG1"
image_3 (2).jpg

If you sit on the upper porch on the backside of Rose and Crown and tilt your head just right........ no tacos or SG1!
image_5.jpg

Last two.....when viewing SG1 edge on....the long shot not too bad but when you crop the water and sky........
image_4.jpg
image_4 (2).jpg

They are freaking big, but I will wait on final judgement on day and night time views outside of the new show. My big disappointment was the Morocco pavilion had scrim walls up around the "fireplace" the next day or so later I see it is now a door. 😥

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom