News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Odd that they are replacing the colored concrete, which if memory serves was that way for a reason related to photography, with plain gray concrete.

sedati

'Pin Traders and Camera Center' area beneath Spaceship Earth closing for several weeks as concrete work continues at EPCOT'S main entrance​

Pin-Traders-and-Camera-Center_Full_41698.jpg
They should have kept the demo train rolling. Imagine the legs without the useless (and ugly) shops.

Brenthodge

Ah, that's what that is. In a previous post I mentioned the wiring looking sloppy. Definitely seamless! 🙃

If I was going to do this "plussing," and I wouldn't, I'd have gone with projector mapping.
Wow those look bad. How do you not design those to fit in the vertices instead of sticking out multiple inches? LEDs are small, they could have done it.

Just like the barges they do not seem to care at all what stuff looks like in the day, only at night.
They wouldn’t provide the intended effect if they were recessed and didn’t protrude enough for the LED to was the panels with light.

Brenthodge

Wanna see my badge? 😂

Just pointing out an(other) error by a particular poster. Inspirational and aspirational are the words I’d use to describe EPCOT Center.
There are better ways to engage and inform that being condescending and superior though. I for one would totally discount anything intelligent you had to say if you started by responding to me that way.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There are better ways to engage and inform that being condescending and superior though. I for one would totally discount anything intelligent you had to say if you started by responding to me that way.

Believe me, dozens have tried. None have succeeded. (He’s said in the past that he hasn’t been into a Disney park since before EPCOT Center opened. He’s also said he’s had annual passes and can’t remember when his last trip was. And varying stories in between.)

UNCgolf

That particular poster is a bit of an outlier because he shows up and posts a ton of nonsense then disappears for a while before coming back and doing it again.

I'm not saying that makes it okay to be condescending, but he has a history and I think people are just getting sick of it.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That particular poster is a bit of an outlier because he shows up and posts a ton of nonsense then disappears for a while before coming back and doing it again.

I'm not saying that makes it okay to be condescending, but he has a history and I think people are just getting sick of it.

Like, say, posting a 10-year old rendering of a high speed rail station plan that was abandoned and passing it off as something currently on the table?

No Name

Odd that they are replacing the colored concrete, which if memory serves was that way for a reason related to photography, with plain gray concrete.
It was related to photography in the 60s and 70s, and obviously both camera technology and aesthetic tastes have changed quite a bit since then, though unfortunately I don’t know much more on it. Perhaps the gray is a bit boring but they‘ve been moving away from reddish concrete for a while now.

Sir_Cliff

It was related to photography in the 60s and 70s, and obviously both camera technology and aesthetic tastes have changed quite a bit since then, though unfortunately I don’t know much more on it. Perhaps the gray is a bit boring but they‘ve been moving away from reddish concrete for a while now.
Personally I prefer the grey concrete with the different design elements to the red. I wish they would take a leaf out of Disneyland's book and replace more of the coloured concrete at Magic Kingdom with something more interesting and detailed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom