What did you do?

dreamfinder

I‘m not sure I understand why you’d need the vaccine for a virtual race - unless it is like some of the ones we have had here where you must complete the course set by the organizers?
Because I don't dare step foot in the gym until I'm vaccinated. And the best way for me to get consistent runs in is at the gym. (See my lack of regular runs for the last year)

Surferboy567

Happy Easter. Today is a two for one post. Not using my regular route but I didn’t let that stop me from training.

I completed a maintenance run on Thursday, and a long run today.

Thursday:

Time: 42:43
Distance: 3.11
Avg Pace: 13:45

Sunday:

Time: 51:43
Distance: 4.04
Avg Pace: 12:48

Wanted to take things easy on Thursday given the extreme temperatures and humidity. Even with me slowing down, after the run I felt under the weather. This caused me to move my long run to Sunday.

Today’s long run will probably be the last long run of the training before the Rival Run. Still planning to run the Rival Run sometime between the 10th-15th. Depending on weather and how I feel. They will be done in succession to honor the challenge. So next week may be race week depending on how things go.

JillC LI

Hi all. Glad to see everyone keeping up the good work. I finally caved and went to an orthopedist last week about my hamstring injury. To my surprise he thought I actually have a slight hamstring tear from the force of my fall on the umbrella stand, not just a bruise. And he said I had been "too active" for the 8 weeks following the injury for it to heal and stop bleeding internally. As I suspected he told me no running for two weeks and then we'll reassess. It's been one week now and I'm going nuts (and it still hurts). I start PT today so hopefully that will help speed the recovery. Sigh.
Sunday did about 3.5 with my DW, DS stayed in his jogger the whole time this week. It was cold and he was tired. Surprised he didn't get out once.
How old is the little guy now?

Surferboy567

This week may be what it has all been leading to the Rival Run challenge. Still unclear when exactly I’ll be running it only that it will be in range of the 10th-15th. Right now, I am thinking I could start the challenge on Saturday or Sunday depending on how things go. If I do that I will complete the challenge either on Monday or Tuesday depending on which day I choose to start it will be done in succession to honor the challenge.

This morning, I completed another maintenance run. Took it easy due to high temperatures and not running on my normal route.

Time: 42:44
Distance: 3.21
Avg Pace: 13:18

Surferboy567

This morning, I completed another maintenance run. This may be my last before the Rival Run depending on what I want to do.

Time: 42:49
Distance: 3.4
Avg Pace: 12:35

Just when I thought I was done with runDisney events for the time being they put up the Virtual Challenge. Which I am now signed up for the entire challenge.

Surferboy567

This morning, I kicked off the Rival Run portion of my Kessel Run Challenge. I completed the Star Wars Rival Run 5K. I definitely ran it harder then I thought I would, I need to keep an eye on that as I start the challenge. I anticipate that the 10K, and Half will be slower times just so I can pace myself between days so I can complete the full challenge.

Anyways, I PR’ed, this comes with a small asterisk though. Technically, I ran the Princess 5K slightly faster but that was on the treadmill. Today marked my fastest on foot 5K. Here are the race stats:

Time: 35:14
Distance: 3.12
Avg Pace: 11:18

Anyways, tommorow starts the Rival Run challenge proper with the Star Wars Rival Run 10K!

Surferboy567

This morning, I kicked off the proper Rival Run challenge with the Star Wars Rival Run 10K. It was unfortunately not the best outside so I took my run inside on the treadmill. Like I said yesterday, my treadmill runs calculate differently in terms of PR. If we are using treadmill runs though I did in fact set a new PR on this race as well. This beat my previous PR that happened during the Princess 10K which was also run on the treadmill.

Here are the race stats:

Time: 01:11:30
Distance: 6.22
Avg Pace: 11:29

Princess 10K was run in 01:13:36 (also on treadmill).

Tomorrow, marks the main event and the final part of the Kessel Run the Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon! I am planning to run it outdoors but who really knows. Whatever the case I will run it tomorrow.

Quick Side Note: Kessel Run challengers your finisher certificates for the Rival Run will be Kessel Run themed and not Rival Run themed.

Also, every time I check all results to see where I stack up none of my attempts are logged there which is strange. I definitely submitted everything and it should be good to go maybe it omits your attempts on purpose? This is in reference to the all results screen.

Surferboy567

I DID IT! Today, I completed the last event in the Rival Run part of my Kessel Run Challenge! Combined with the Star Wars Virtual I did I have officially finished the Star Wars Kessel Run Challenge! The first order tried to tempt me multiple times in the run weather shifted from drizzle to rain and back to drizzle but I managed to finish in a decent time!

Time: 02:43:47
Distance: 13.12
Avg Pace: 12:29

I guess since this is the last Rival Run, I should say what side I ran for throughout the challenge. If the top wasn’t obvious I ran for the Resistance!

I wish everyone the best of luck on their challenges or individual races during the actual race weekend. May the force be with you, always.

Surferboy567

Despite completing my Kessel Run Challenge, my training plan has one more week after the challenge. It is more of a cool down week, and features most of the running, I’ll be doing anyways so this is now the last week of my training.

This morning, I completed another maintenance run. Wanted to take it easy so I took the pace down.

Time: 42:40
Distance: 3.2
Avg Pace: 13:20

I will continue to run as I have, just cutting out the crazy long distances. I’ll still do them just not as frequently. It’s nice now to be off a training plan for a little since I have been on one since October.

My next “event” is the Virtual Series Lion King Challenge. I don’t think I need to use a long form training plan for a series of 5K, so I’ll just continue to run as normal. I plan on doing the 5K’s once every month. The event should keep me motivated to keep getting out there and run normally without a training plan.

Depending on what happens with Wine & Dine that my be the next time I use a training plan. For now though, a more deserved break from training plans is in order. Right after I finish this last week.

Weather was nice today, temperatures are rising again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom