What did you do?

Surferboy567

After Sunday’s race I am back to training normally. Week 5 of training started this morning and this week is a recovery week (thankfully). I paid the price for the Half I just ran. Throughout this morning’s maintenance run I was sore, definitely need some more time to recover. This being the case, I took it a little slower but still got my miles in for today. A little more then a 5K distance.

Time: 42:41
Distance: 3.17
Avg Pace: 13:27

Surferboy567

I am going to have to move my Star Wars races back or forward a week. Got my first dose today, and my second dose takes place on the 5K day. So I probably want to get my races done before I get my second dose or after just to be safe.

Surferboy567

This afternoon, I completed another long run. Before we get to that, a few housekeeping items.

For the reasons I listed above. It is probably a good idea to move my Star Wars races back a week. The new plan is for me to run the Rival Run sometime in the range of April 10-15th. This obviously, throws a wrench into my training plan. I thought about this and made a plan for the next two weeks leading into the Rival Run. Too be honest, not much changes besides the long run at the end of the week.

Next week:

Tuesday & Thursday- Regular maintenance run

Saturday- 4 mile long run (not really long but I’ll count it)

Week After:

Tuesday & Thursday- Regular maintenance run

Saturday or Sunday- TBD (depending on when I decide to run the Rival Run)

I won’t be able to use my normal route next week. So this actually works out, after I decided to change my dates I immediately started to taper. Today, was the first phase of that I completed a long run this afternoon.

Time: 01:23:15
Distance: 6.52
Avg Pace: 12:45

I figure, I haven’t really stopped training after Princess so I have a good base built up. I think I am ready to take on the Rival Run. Of course, in the meantime I will follow this makeshift plan.

I don’t know when I will run the Rival Run exactly only that it will be in the range of April 10-15th. Reason I don’t want to put a firm date on it is because of weather, as well as I don’t know how I will be feeling on that exact day. Will make a decision as we get closer.

One thing that remains even though the date changes is that I will honor the challenge just like I did Princess. 5K, 10K, and Half will be done one day after the other.

EDIT: Oh, and the temperatures are starting to rise. Need to take that into account as I plan my runs.

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
never, EVER, take a week off of your training plan. Had to play catch-up Friday/Saturday/Sunday and failed so hard.

Friday - 30 minutes - no walking - 13:49/mi
Saturday 40 minutes 20:1 intervals - 13:44/mi
Sunday - SUPPOSED to be 90 minutes 15:2 intervals - made it 78 minutes 14:46/mi

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Registered for the virtual Boston in Oct. Means I need to a) get my vaccine (got appt made this morning!) b) get running more

I‘m not sure I understand why you’d need the vaccine for a virtual race - unless it is like some of the ones we have had here where you must complete the course set by the organizers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom