Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So the woman in front of us at Saucers spilled all the contents of her backpack on the ground (including open bags of single serving chips) when attempting to find an iPad to give to her daughter (who was wearing her face covering on her chin) to keep her occupied while in line.

The wait was less than 15 minutes and daughter spent exactly 30 seconds on the iPad before picking a fight with her brother.

The family passed three CMs who said nothing about daughter’s lack of proper mask wearing.

Meanwhile I made sure to hang on to my purse so not to cause a ride stoppage!

25B27C4D-F744-41DE-8D87-2BAE5483849C.jpeg

Rista1313

Completing three attractions in an hour was impressive.

Know what’s not impressive?

Floating planters with plain greenery, not flowers.
View attachment 545253

A kids “playground” with spray painted circles to “create your own game.”

View attachment 545254
View attachment 545255

And the only thing worse than giant lagoon tacos is a giant loop that resembles something Evel Knievel would jump through on his motorcycle.

View attachment 545256
You can’t even see the American Adventure!
Ok, I'm out of the loop these days.. what are those giant lagoon tacos?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Get ready to be shocked.

Lunchtime.

8AAB0EEF-E86B-4323-B286-75606CD24393.jpeg

2BAC212A-C126-45FE-8A8A-B27B607269C6.jpeg

It’s a perfect day for dining al fresco. It’s also a good people-watching spot.

0A7FD173-2A24-44CB-9B7A-E4491B58BB8A.jpeg

We ate the purse carrots.

4CA41D54-E0A4-4260-8AAE-BB698910DCEF.jpeg

2B25D7C7-1B26-464E-9C08-1BE5B5F94A20.jpeg

I had to return my beverage.

Coke is not supposed to taste like root beer. :hungover:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, I'm out of the loop these days.. what are those giant lagoon tacos?
For a new fireworks show. Harmonious. Otherwise known as Harmungous or the Mistake on the Lake.

how are you finding the crowds? short or long wait lines for rides? short or long wait lines for food service? also, how is the weather?
Epcot was busy.
DHS is VERY busy.
Mobile ordering has been quick.
Weather is picture perfect...sunny, breezy, 70s.

k8einwdw

I LOVE the Poly but my next trip needs to be on the cheap side! I am meeting my 2 nieces from Tampa and we need 2 rooms and was thinking of staying at POP or AOA then I saw where you stayed at ASM so I am giving it consideration.

How was your stay there? Beds comfortable? I think all food courts are a fiasco right now but we are going in October and hoping things will be a little more relaxed then but not counting on it!
So I’m not @Tuvalu, but since I’ve stayed at all three of these within the last three years, I’ll chip in my two cents. If you are planning to book standard rooms, I would recommend Pop or ASMo over over AoA, since standard rooms at both have 2 queen beds, rather than the 2 double beds in the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA (unless you end up with a King room like Tu and Em did, of course). Plus, the Little Mermaid rooms are a loooong walk to/from the main building and buses. However, you might consider booking a family suite at AoA. They have one queen bed and two double beds, as well as two bathrooms, and the theming is so fun. Pop and AoA both have access to the Skyliner, but if you don’t mind riding the buses or if your nieces will have a car with them, ASMo is great. The theming is like Art of Animation Lite (we especially love the Toy Story and 101 Dalmatians sections), the food court is decent, and it’s a good deal less expensive than Pop or AoA. People will tell you that the All Star resorts share buses, but we’ve stayed at Music and Movies in the last few years(during non-peak times) and only ever encountered shared buses getting to/from Disney Springs.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So the woman in front of us at Saucers spilled all the contents of her backpack on the ground (including open bags of single serving chips) when attempting to find an iPad to give to her daughter (who was wearing her face covering on her chin) to keep her occupied while in line.

The wait was less than 15 minutes and daughter spent exactly 30 seconds on the iPad before picking a fight with her brother.

The family passed three CMs who said nothing about daughter’s lack of proper mask wearing.

Meanwhile I made sure to hang on to my purse so not to cause a ride stoppage!

View attachment 545450

Oh man I've had those days. I hope she was able to turn it around. I hate that some families spend their whole Disney trip like that

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Such beautiful topiary pictures. I also think Canada has the best gardens in WS, followed by the UK.
I also remember the first muppet movie and Kermit and his bicycle. Dinosaurs unite!
The park (WS) looks beautiful and it seems like you had a perfect day.
The pictures of the lines at attractions don't look too bad to me, but HS is a different story, LOL.
We've never eaten at Pizzarizzo, gasp, but it looks good.
Awaiting the rest of your trip and dreaming disney dreams.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
It's my favorite stop - especially during F&G!! I just left last Thursday after a 4 day trip and couldn't agree with you more about the frustrations. Epcot has always been my favorite park, but this trip it fell to a hard second behind Animal Kingdom. The social distancing in line is a forgotten thing, so I always wear a loose backpack that I can swing as I turn around. I'm not even kidding - especially since people are right up your behind as in years before. The lack of flowers was just unforgivable and the hideous black hunks of metal in the lagoon do not even deserve a mention. You can't see anything across the lagoon! I still had a great time, but it was definitely due to adding alcohol. @Darstarr and @wdisney9000 would have been proud!
I am proud of you no matter what!
well done good job GIF by CBC

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom