MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Markiewong

Springs? It is. And it’s in America. So far the Village plans are less Springs and more generic facade. Although a lot of it would be an improvement on the current image portrayed, especially the northern block. Although it’s the most 1992 part still left it also hasn’t aged well.
I think you misunderstood me. My point was that copying Disney Springs/generic facade to Paris wouldn’t be that bad of a idea. Because in Europe we don’t really have malls in the style that is pictured in the concept art.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Meanwhile Orlando is still struggling to get the PeopleMover to move people.
Yes, I'm not happy with TTA now either but......

Sounds like DLP is struggling to reopen! Another Wave of COVID?!?!?!? Shouldn't France be Vacc. their people?? Yes, I know it takes time but they should start! IDK if I would look forward to future projects right now, The 30th's prob. dead!

wdrive

Sounds like DLP is struggling to reopen! Another Wave of COVID?!?!?!? Shouldn't France be Vacc. their people?? Yes, I know it takes time but they should start! IDK if I would look forward to future projects right now, The 30th's prob. dead!

France started vaccinating in January.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

They’ve started. Have a look at international news to see what’s happening in Europe.

cjkeating

The scope of the original refurbishment program was amazing. The fact it’s continuing - or even accelerating - during the closures is exceptional.

I also have to say the upkeep of each attraction post refurbishment is stunning too.
Do you know what else is remaining on the to do list? I feel like they are almost there for attraction refurbishments?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you know what else is remaining on the to do list? I feel like they are almost there for attraction refurbishments?
To be honest I’ve lost track now. It’s gone far beyond the original scope. I guess we can hope the Mark Twain gets the attention it needs sometime, and the possibly last big project will be the deferred Disneyland Hotel. That’s unlikely to be before the 30th - but at least they’ve fixed the long running joke of the hotels roof lighting!

cjkeating

To be honest I’ve lost track now. It’s gone far beyond the original scope. I guess we can hope the Mark Twain gets the attention it needs sometime, and the possibly last big project will be the deferred Disneyland Hotel. That’s unlikely to be before the 30th - but at least they’ve fixed the long running joke of the hotels roof lighting!
I've got a park map highlighted with every attraction that has had either a major/moderate refurbishment in the past 10 years and after Buzz/Snow White/Pinocchio/Orbitron/Castle the only things left by my reckoning in Disneyland Park is Casey Jr. and Mark Twain.

Disneyland Hotel refurbishment yes... and as discussed already I just want them to finally go ahead with the Disney Village project.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've got a park map highlighted with every attraction that has had either a major/moderate refurbishment in the past 10 years and after Buzz/Snow White/Pinocchio/Orbitron/Castle the only things left by my reckoning in Disneyland Park is Casey Jr. and Mark Twain.

Disneyland Hotel refurbishment yes... and as discussed already I just want them to finally go ahead with the Disney Village project.
I’d add a Space Mountain mission 3, but aside from some minor roof lighting issues I saw (in 2019) the ride itself was exemplary both in 19 and 20 from what I could tell. As I’ve said elsewhere the whole park had a show standard I’d mostly forgotten was possible. Even exceeding Disneyland.

Its what I’d imagine TDL would be like from what I’ve been told.

Toni25

I’d add a Space Mountain mission 3, but aside from some minor roof lighting issues I saw (in 2019) the ride itself was exemplary both in 19 and 20 from what I could tell. As I’ve said elsewhere the whole park had a show standard I’d mostly forgotten was possible. Even exceeding Disneyland.

Its what I’d imagine TDL would be like from what I’ve been told.
I said this before, Disneyland Paris is on it's way to become the most polished resort. I feel so proud of their efforts.

wdrive

I presume/hope they’ll move over to refurbing the Studios after. Didn’t they put off fixing the floor in Ratatouille? When was the last time Crush’s Coaster had a real in-depth refurb?

cjkeating

I presume/hope they’ll move over to refurbing the Studios after. Didn’t they put off fixing the floor in Ratatouille? When was the last time Crush’s Coaster had a real in-depth refurb?
Believe it or not the Studio's is almost complete on the refurbishment list as well, the only attraction I have on my list of outstanding is the Flying Carpets. I didn't count Rat as it is still 'new' but you are correct in that it does need its floor redoing however they seem to have come to a decent long-term fix as the ride is far more reliable than it was.

I don't have the date for Crush's Coaster but it was done, however the blue show building was not painted and I'm surprised that hasn't been done so far as Studio 1/2/3 have all been repainted.

I expect in the run up to WDSP 2.0 we will see more floor work/place making in the front section of the park once you are through Studio 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom