Disneyland Project/Rumor Tracker

dennis-in-ct

Just Curious.
What is the Eastern Gateway project and how did the lack of the project contribute to moving Mickey’s Run-a-way Railroad to DL versus the originally planned DCA location?

truecoat

Just Curious.
What is the Eastern Gateway project and how did the lack of the project contribute to moving Mickey’s Run-a-way Railroad to DL versus the originally planned DCA location?

As a refresher, originally it was this. Parking ramp, new drop off and security check away from the park and a bridge to the esplanade. The sticking point was Harbor access to hotels and businesses and a bridge that wasn't designed by da Vinci. Guests would have to follow the red arrows all the way around to get to the entrance. Although you could go up to Manchester (blue arrow) and cross to another entrance.

In the end, Disney needs to find a way to make Harbor people happy with local access and build a bridge encrusted with diamonds.

disneyland-eastern-gateway-plans.jpg

dennis-in-ct

As a refresher, originally it was this. Parking ramp, new drop off and security check away from the park and a bridge to the esplanade. The sticking point was Harbor access to hotels and businesses and a bridge that wasn't designed by da Vinci. Guests would have to follow the red arrows all the way around to get to the entrance. Although you could go up to Manchester (blue arrow) and cross to another entrance.

In the end, Disney needs to find a way to make Harbor people happy with local access and build a bridge encrusted with diamonds.

View attachment 543922
Thank you for the explanation.
As a person who has stayed at a couple of the motels in that area, it would have been a huge inconvenience and downright annoying to have to circle the block like that instead of simply crossing the street.

Old Mouseketeer

As a person who has stayed at a couple of the motels in that area, it would have been a huge inconvenience and downright annoying to have to circle the block like that instead of simply crossing the street.

There is room for them to make changes now to that plan, especially since USCIS vacated last year (their lease was up) so there's not that hole in the middle of it. I think if they were smart, they would elevate the security screening area to the second level and give ground access under what is labelled "Pedestrian Access" by turning that ramp into a second story connector all the way from harbor to the security screening. They might even squeeze in an exit-only stairs and elevator on the East Side of Harbor. They have also talked about allowing the motels on Harbor to open a back door to the pedestrian walkway running behind their properties. It will be interesting to see how this returns.

Ismael Flores

One of the options was to create gate entries in the back of their properties directly into the new parking and security area. Basically you would just walk to the back of the hotel property and use a key card to enter and exit. It would have been another selling point for the motels.
A couple of the restaurant owners were the ones against this because it would possibly reduce traffic in front of their business.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Updates

Catching up on a bunch of stuff:

- Added DisneylandForward proposal to Resort-wide/Hotels section
- Added Avengers Campus opening date and some more confirmed details
- Added "new magic" coming to Haunted Mansion
- Added more details on Snow White's Enchanted Wish, including opening date
- Edited timeline to reflect all the above changes

Suspirian

Should this be added to the DCA tracker as well?
Thanks for the diagram. I can give you a basic outline with this. So, the new Coco overlay would have you welcomed to Dia de los Muertos celebration at the loading dock, with a "radio program" quietly playing about De La Cruz playing as you round the volcano. F is the first scene that features Miguel playing in his attic. This is followed by screens of Miguel feuding with is grandmother, and then of him playing De la Cruz' guitar. A fog screen with projected marigold petals flowing downward is used to transport guests into the land of the muertos. H is Miguel meeting Victor, followed by a large budget "Poco Loco" scene. The only thing kept is a repurposed use of divers on a cliff scene, which is largely a gesture to the ride's past. The ride skips then to Miguel meeting De La Cruz and finding out the truth in L. Boats then travel through a door which opens into Coco with Miguel, remembering Victor and singing Recuerdame together. Passing through another door, the rest of the former finale is used for Miguel's family celebrating Dia de los Muertos with all the deceased family gathered together. The boats finish by passing by Dante. As boats prepare to unload, a new radio station show is playing about the music of Victor Rivera with a new rendition of Recuerdame recorded just for the ride.

This is the proposed Epcot version. The CA version has two more scenes proposed, but uses mostly the same animatronics and props.

California Adventure.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Should this be added to the DCA tracker as well?
I thought I had read somewhere that this has been cancelled, although I'm having a hard time finding where I read that. Regardless it's difficult for me to even know what to include here anymore because there are basically no reliable insiders on the DL subforum anymore. The few who still post here stopped giving out info after the DISInsider story hit. Pretty much everything in this tracker is just official sources now.

jrayfarm

I thought I had read somewhere that this has been cancelled, although I'm having a hard time finding where I read that. Regardless it's difficult for me to even know what to include here anymore because there are basically no reliable insiders on the DL subforum anymore. The few who still post here stopped giving out info after the DISInsider story hit. Pretty much everything in this tracker is just official sources now.
What DISinsider story are you referencing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom