Disneyland Project/Rumor Tracker

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Actual insider intel for the first time in forever!

Update

Tomorrowland Changes (planned)
  • Some sort of Tron roller coaster has been "proposed" for Disneyland, possibly the light cycle coaster in Shanghai and Florida or something unique. Wouldn't open until 2022 at the very earliest. [source 1] [source 2]
    • Update: New intel suggests Tron coaster NOT coming to DL [source] [added]

disneylandcm

The former ESPN Zone is finally getting replaced. It's going to become a "Disney performing arts studio". What that means exactly I don't know but considering who I heard it from it's definitely going to happen.
They tore down the rehearsal hall and accompanying performer facilities, and I think that included Disney Performing Arts for outside groups. This sounds like a substitute for all of that.

Old Mouseketeer

The former ESPN Zone is finally getting replaced. It's going to become a "Disney performing arts studio". What that means exactly I don't know but considering who I heard it from it's definitely going to happen.

This has been in the works for a while. Disney makes money off of the Performing Arts program. I've been hearing it will include offices, rehearsal, and changing facilities. But I don't know any firm details.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Updates

Lots of Marvel updates (and thanks @DanielBB8 for news about DVC tower)

Disney California Adventure

Avengers Campus (under construction)
  • Phase 1
    • Opening July 18, 2020 [official] [added]
    • Spider-Man attraction
      • Official name: WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure [official] [added]
      • Screen-based shooter ride (like Midway Mania), with "webslingers" for guests [source]
      • Official word from Disney low on details: "Cutting-edge interface", "never-before seen technology" with "practical effects" in a "fun, interactive attraction". Also coming to WDS in Paris. [official]
      • D23 2019: Use "web slinger vehicle" to "help Spider-Man collect Spider-Bots that have run amok." [source]
      • Tom Holland will reprise his role as Spider-Man in the attraction [official] [added]
    • Pym Test Kitchen restaurant themed after Ant-Man [official]
      • Also Pym Tasting Lab craft beer stand [official] [added]
    • Shwarma Palace food cart themed after Avengers [official] [added]
    • Some sort of Doctor Strange interactive show/character experience [official 1] [official 2] [added new source]
    • Two new gift shops: WEB Suppliers and Campus Supply Pod [official] [added]
    • Lots of Marvel character meet n' greets [official 1] [official 2] [added new source]
    • Counter service restaurant? [rumor]
Resort-wide/Hotels
  • Disney Vacation Club Tower at Disneyland Hotel (planned) [added]
    • A 350 room Disney Vacation Club timeshare development is planned for the Disneyland Hotel.
      • Still just in planning stages, needs approval from City of Anaheim. [source]
      • Wouldn't open until 2022 at earliest [source]

Darkbeer1

A fairly reliable source tells me the current expectation is on or around May 1, but because of how fluid all of this is, that is subject to change.

A date certain is so much in flux, and changes based on a LOT of things. The hope in the INDUSTRIES that rely on big crowds, basically sports and Theme/Amusement Parks is mid-May, but what is happening in Congress is one of the keys.

And each of the Disney Parks locations is being treated differently, as what is happening locally is a major factor.

But as of today, there is NO date.

DanielBB8

Indefinitely might be the better word. Even if the parks reopen, the travel bans remains in place for additional indefinite months.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Added PatF Splash Mountain re-theme and added quote from Bob Weiss suggesting M&MRR has been delayed by COVID.

Also created new "TBA" section in the timeline separate from "????"/Blue Sky" for officially confirmed projects with no announced completion date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom