Disneyland Project/Rumor Tracker

Darkbeer1

I think it has a good chance of happening, if Disney is willing to agree to things the city wants in return for the deal.

We are just in the early prep stages, lots can change during the process.

As they say, only time will tell.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I was looking at Google Maps and saw that the monorail tracks go around Autopia and the Finding Nemo subs. So I assume that any Tomorrowland revamp will require a monorail track reroute It will be exciting to see what IP Disney will put in a Tomorrowland or Fantasyland revamp (my guess would be maybe Wreck it Ralph, Big Hero 6, Tangled, Frozen) And finally has there been any intel on what will replacing Hollywood land at DCA after DL forward gets the green light? I know that a revamp of that area has been delayed because they want the transportation hub behind DCA to expand into. Though I personally think they should make it into an area theme around Disney Animation proper with no Pixar as DCA has plenty of it already and it would add balance to the park which is comprised mostly of Marvel and Pixar.

truecoat

I was looking at Google Maps and saw that the monorail tracks go around Autopia and the Finding Nemo subs. So I assume that any Tomorrowland revamp will require a monorail track reroute It will be exciting to see what IP Disney will put in a Tomorrowland or Fantasyland revamp (my guess would be maybe Wreck it Ralph, Big Hero 6, Tangled, Frozen) And finally has there been any intel on what will replacing Hollywood land at DCA after DL forward gets the green light? I know that a revamp of that area has been delayed because they want the transportation hub behind DCA to expand into. Though I personally think they should make it into an area theme around Disney Animation proper with no Pixar as DCA has plenty of it already and it would add balance to the park which is comprised mostly of Marvel and Pixar.

Any movement in either of those areas is years out and could change many times by then.

Old Mouseketeer

I think it has a good chance of happening, if Disney is willing to agree to things the city wants in return for the deal.

We are just in the early prep stages, lots can change during the process.

As they say, only time will tell.
I think some variation of this MUST happen. I’ve been saying for a long time that Disney and Anaheim need to sit down and do some horse trading. But I also see your point that even if they come to terms, they have to sell it to residents.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Updates
Catching up on a bunch of things. Let me know if I've missed anything:

- Removed Genie rollout due to completion
- Added confirmation of indefinite postponement of Avengers e-ticket
- Added MSEP, Disneyland Forever and World of Color return dates of April 22
- Added Fantastmic! return date of May 28
- Added New Orleans Square crowd control changes
- Added leaked concept art suggesting Paradise Pier Hotel Toy Story re-theme
- Added more details on Toontown overhaul, including re-theme of Gadget's Go Coaster
- Removed Roger Rabbit overhaul, since it seems like nothing more is happening with that
- Removed Tomorrowland entrance project cause I have no idea what its status is and I haven't heard anything about it since the pandemic
- Updated timeline to reflect all these updates

Last edited:

DLR92

Let me address this segment...

>>
  • DisneylandForward (proposed)
    • Disney has made public a proposal for a major expansion of the DLR under the name "DisneylandForward", publicly lobbying for changes to Anaheim zoning laws to allow for building attractions in other parts of the resort district, outside of the two existing parks. [official]
      • "Possibilities" mentioned for future expansion at the resort include: [official]
        • Clone of Toy Story Land found at DHS, HKDL and Shanghai
        • Clone of DisneySea's Fantasy Springs expansion
        • Clone of Shanghai's Zootopia land
        • Clone of Hong Kong's Frozen land
        • Clone of Tron Lightcycle coaster
        • Disney Springs-esque expansion of Downtown Disney
        • Eastern Gateway parking structure
        • New theme park southeast of Harbor Blvd.
      • Disney stresses that the proposal is just in "the very beginning stages" and that no specific projects are currently planned. [official]
  • Disney Vacation Club Tower at Disneyland Hotel (planned)
    • A 350 room Disney Vacation Club timeshare development is planned for the Disneyland Hotel.
      • Still just in planning stages, needs approval from City of Anaheim. [source]
      • Wouldn't open until 2022 at earliest [source]
  • Garden Grove Hotel (rumor)
Will Toy Story Lot be a true fledge theme park use?

MK-fan

What is up the new Tomorrowland entrance??? When it was announced to be completed in 2020, it was supposed to take less than a year to compete. It’s Spring 2022 now and there’s no sign whatsoever of any work or future work for that matter on the project

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Updates
- Added confirmation of Paradise Pier Hotel Pixar re-theme
- Added "late 2022" date for Hey, Disney! roll out.
- Added more details and concept art for Downtown Disney west end overhaul.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom