News Disneyland Working on Future Master Plan- includes Theme Park Expansions, Retail/Entertainment Space, and More!

Brer Oswald

Also, you young'uns here should not put much faith in anything Anaheim's PR firm says about Disney's possible long-term expansion plans, especially the IP's that may be used.

Back in 2000, Disney and Anaheim did about the same thing on a much younger Internet. Disney even had a website called thirdthemepark.com where this exciting and shocking information was released. Except back then, Disney didn't own Marvel or Pixar or Lucas Film, so the biggest IP they could use to generated excitement was Winnie The Pooh at Little Mermaid. 🤣

View attachment 542308

So let's not get too excited, even though this new plan looks legitimate and makes complete sense. We've been down this road before, and talk and splashy websites are pretty cheap. Websites are actually cheaper today than they were 21 years ago.

But isn't it great to hear from Cynthia Harriss again?!? 😍
I don’t know about you, but Winnie the Pooh is leagues more appealing than Marvel and Star Wars. One of the finest “Classic Disney” properties. Unfortunate that California only got a botched version of the Florida ride. Hunny Hunt looks better than any of the Marvel attractions they’re opening.

TP2000

So I know this is "blue sky" concept art and we shouldn't take it too seriously, but there are some interesting things here to ponder.
  1. The connection between DCA and its expansion: Is the expansion walkway placed right in the parade corridor?
  2. Is that a covered walkway between the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier Hotel?
  3. Did the DT Disney Monorail station get removed?
Interesting. Again, I realize that this is not actually reality and I should just take it all with a bucket of salt.

Looking at this laid out really emphasizes a missed opportunity to put Galaxy's Edge in that DCA expansion pad and retheme the Paradise Pier Hotel to Star Wars. Oh well. Hindsight and all of that....

Take it with a full bucket of salt. Get the good stuff too; Iodized Morton's, not the knock-off grocery store brand.

Again, words and pretty pictures on websites are very, very cheap. But, this is a good looking plan to use the big surface parking lots along Disneyland Drive. If this plan actually comes to fruition sometime after 2030, with IP's that Hollywood may not even have invented yet, it will mean Disneyland will be headed towards celebrating a 100th anniversary two decades later.

Here's the full screen grab of the original Third Theme Park! website that Disney and Anaheim formally put out back in 2000. According to this old official website, the "first phase" of the third theme park would open in 2003 and be fully completed by 2010.

Many of us old-timers have been here before, twenty years ago... Don't forget to include your "Home Telephone"! 🤣

disneythirdthemepark.png

Last edited:

TP2000

I don’t know about you, but Winnie the Pooh is leagues more appealing than Marvel and Star Wars. One of the finest “Classic Disney” properties. Unfortunate that California only got a botched version of the Florida ride. Hunny Hunt looks better than any of the Marvel attractions they’re opening.

Have you been on the Winnie the Pooh ride they opened at Tokyo Disneyland back in 2000? That is lightyears better than the two cheap Pooh rides in the USA. And it's twenty years old and still leaves you with your jaw on the floor!

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
This proposal actually has a chance. The pandemic, despite everything else, gave Disney what they been wanting for a long while... the chance to make a proposal, on house money.

Brer Oswald

Have you been on the Winnie the Pooh ride they opened at Tokyo Disneyland back in 2000? That is lightyears better than the two cheap Pooh rides in the USA. And it's twenty years old and still leaves you with your jaw on the floor!
I’ve only seen videos, but that was what I was referring to. It looks incredible, and I hope to make it out there someday. If anything had to be cloned from another park, I wish it was that.

BayouShack

I know it's getting ahead of things and narrowing on way too specific of an aspect of this expansion... but the Disneyland connector looks like it will be directly through the DLRR NOS station. That means the fountain definitely needs to be demolished for the traffic flow. Will the station be rebuilt to mirror Main Street Station, with a walkway underneath? It would be a surprisingly clever way to bookend the boundaries of OG Disneyland.

The plan is obviously still *very* vague, but connecting the parks to their respective expansions should be one of the first details hammered out.

Californian Elitist

Where? LOL
Not sure if you were posting here at the time, but sometime in 2019 or 2018, we discovered that someone on Twitter who was stalking us and making comments directly from their Twitter page referred to our clan here in the DL forum as “a hive of miserable b@stards.” The name was fitting and some of us have been referring to ourselves as such since.

That reminds me, did we agree to a t-shirt design? @mickEblu @SuddenStorm

TP2000

I’ve only seen videos, but that was what I was referring to. It looks incredible, and I hope to make it out there someday. If anything had to be cloned from another park, I wish it was that.

You really do need to go. But be warned; it will ruin your visits to Disney theme parks in the USA forever. You'll constantly be reminded of how lazy or unpolished the CM's here can be, how sloppy the operation can be, and how way too many little details have gone missing in the American parks over the last 30 years.

It's a dangerous thing to visit Tokyo Disneyland. You have to be prepared to be disappointed in your home park once you get back.

Brer Oswald

Not sure if you were posting here at the time, but sometime in 2019 or 2018, we discovered that someone on Twitter who was stalking us and making comments directly from their Twitter page referred to our clan here in the DL forum as “a hive of miserable b@stards.” The name was fitting and some of us have been referring to ourselves as such since.

That reminds me, did we agree to a t-shirt design? @mickEblu @SuddenStorm
I don’t think I was very active on the DL boards at the time (an occasional post here and there). That’s funny though 😆

TP2000

I know it's getting ahead of things and narrowing on way too specific of an aspect of this expansion... but the Disneyland connector looks like it will be directly through the DLRR NOS station. That means the fountain definitely needs to be demolished for the traffic flow. Will the station be rebuilt to mirror Main Street Station, with a walkway underneath? It would be a surprisingly clever way to bookend the boundaries of OG Disneyland.

The plan is obviously still *very* vague, but connecting the parks to their respective expansions should be one of the first details hammered out.

If they move that fountain off-center for the new bridge over Disneyland Drive, I can't wait to be a part of the discussion on how New Orleans Square is nothing but a ruined environment of off-center architecture! Let's hope Kim Irvine in a hard hat is also involved.

Should I start the Expansion Bridge Ruins New Orleans Square! thread now, or maybe wait a day or two? o_O

C33-080314-AVP.jpg

lazyboy97o

It’s a pretty picture meant to look sort of like something. There’s nothing to figure out.

Californian Elitist

Any kind of huge expansion is years away. These placeholders aren’t exciting (especially Toy Story Land), but I understand why they’re there. There’s really nothing here though anyway. Just talk.

They need to focus on what we have now, like re-fixing DCA. DCA 2.0 is nearly already a decade old and it’s only gone backwards since.

Brer Oswald

You really do need to go. But be warned; it will ruin your visits to Disney theme parks in the USA forever. You'll constantly be reminded of how lazy or unpolished the CM's here can be, how sloppy the operation can be, and how way too many little details have gone missing in the American parks over the last 30 years.

It's a dangerous thing to visit Tokyo Disneyland. You have to be prepared to be disappointed in your home park once you get back.
Tokyo has always been on the bucket list, and not even necessarily because of TDL.

I’m okay with the trade off. As soon as I visited Disneyland, Walt Disney World became disappointing. Though I figure the rise in quality will be even higher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom