Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

Phicinfan

I also wonder if this is the start of a new model. We have Star Cruiser in DHS, that has direct tie into star wars land. Now this potentially(please note no insider has still sounded off as far as I have seen...... and I would have though @marni1971 would be upset on this one...) moving into EPCOT. So then some kind of Hotel then in AK - maybe tied to some land, and or MK - tied into one of the areas like Fantasy land or Frontier land?

Just thinking out loud here....

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
I also wonder if this is the start of a new model. We have Star Cruiser in DHS, that has direct tie into star wars land. Now this potentially(please note no insider has still sounded off as far as I have seen...... and I would have though @marni1971 would be upset on this one...) moving into EPCOT. So then some kind of Hotel then in AK - maybe tied to some land, and or MK - tied into one of the areas like Fantasy land or Frontier land?

Just thinking out loud here....
...wasn’t the point of the contemporary to tie in with tomorrowland? the polynesian to go with adventureland?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Previously, three sites were proposed by @Magic Feather and @marni1971 : (1) Entrance, (2) Innoventions, and (3) Land/Seas.

If this resurrected rumor is true, then Innoventions West seems like the most reasonable possibility because the building has been razed and the site is prepared for construction. No fencing needed. Build within the existing footprint.
Bus station, not Land Seas.

The Innoventions site proposal would have needed some of “land/seas”

Cmdr_Crimson

Festival Center was supposed to be the upper quadrant of west, Moana is the lower quadrant. We’re speculating that the hotel is replacing the Festival Center in the upper quadrant of west.
Yeah, can't wait to haul luggage halfway into the park...
Bellboy+Donald+2.jpg

Living the dream.....

PolynesianPrincess

Model has changed, now they want direct tie to park with entrance to park for that Hotel. That doesn't exist for Polynesian and Contemporary.

I do have to say when we stayed at Grand Californian at Disneyland we LOVED being able to walk downstairs directly into California Adventure. At the end of the night we were back in our room in 5 minutes. So I definitely see the appeal for hotels with direct to park access.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I do have to say when we stayed at Grand Californian at Disneyland we LOVED being able to walk downstairs directly into California Adventure. At the end of the night we were back in our room in 5 minutes. So I definitely see the appeal for hotels with direct to park access.
Staying in the Disneyland Hotel in Paris is definitely convenient as well! Another vote for a front-entrance, or even an inside-the-park boutique hotel!

jeanericuser001

I will take a wild guess and say they may use the area behind disney play pavilion. As for how guests would get in, they would probably start with checking their luggage at a separate check in place using one of the old ticket windows at the front of the park. . Guests would then leave their luggage and enter epcot through a seperate entrance for hotel guests. When guests are ready to head to their room they will head to the play pavilion where there will be an entrance and a walkway to the hotel. Barring any issues the luggage should be at a check in windows once you enter the hotel. Now there will be two kinds of rooms. The specialized suites and the deluxe suites. The specialized suites will be designed around a theme relating to an attraction at epcot. A few themes that come to mind are Finding Nemo, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mission Space, Figment, innoventions, and classic epcot. The window will instead be replaced with a video projection of a different set of scenes depending on the theme of the room. Now the deluxe suites will be towards the top with a spectacular view of the fireworks. There will also be restaurant/viewing area at the top for watching the fireworks as well. As for the pool, they will have it indoors thus keeping the theming active. When its time to check out you can have your luggage once again delivered to the front while you get some last chances to wander around epcot before heading to the front to get your luggage. Its a plausible option in all honesty and if they used the existing parking system they could theoretically keep things pretty much normal without too much major changes to the landscape.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

I will take a wild guess and say they may use the area behind disney play pavilion. As for how guests would get in, they would probably start with checking their luggage at a separate check in place using one of the old ticket windows at the front of the park. . Guests would then leave their luggage and enter epcot through a seperate entrance for hotel guests. When guests are ready to head to their room they will head to the play pavilion where there will be an entrance and a walkway to the hotel. Barring any issues the luggage should be at a check in windows once you enter the hotel. Now there will be two kinds of rooms. The specialized suites and the deluxe suites. The specialized suites will be designed around a theme relating to an attraction at epcot. A few themes that come to mind are Finding Nemo, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mission Space, Figment, innoventions, and classic epcot. The window will instead be replaced with a video projection of a different set of scenes depending on the theme of the room. Now the deluxe suites will be towards the top with a spectacular view of the fireworks. There will also be restaurant/viewing area at the top for watching the fireworks as well. As for the pool, they will have it indoors thus keeping the theming active. When its time to check out you can have your luggage once again delivered to the front while you get some last chances to wander around epcot before heading to the front to get your luggage.
Its a plausible option in all honesty and if they used the existing parking system they could theoretically keep things pretty much normal without too much major changes to the landscape.
Imaginative! Creative! Still it will come down to appealing to a niche clientele and $$$$$$$, oh yea, Disney doesn't give a RIP about the landscape it can be reshaped.

Bocabear

I will take a wild guess and say they may use the area behind disney play pavilion. As for how guests would get in, they would probably start with checking their luggage at a separate check in place using one of the old ticket windows at the front of the park. . Guests would then leave their luggage and enter epcot through a seperate entrance for hotel guests. When guests are ready to head to their room they will head to the play pavilion where there will be an entrance and a walkway to the hotel. Barring any issues the luggage should be at a check in windows once you enter the hotel. Now there will be two kinds of rooms. The specialized suites and the deluxe suites. The specialized suites will be designed around a theme relating to an attraction at epcot. A few themes that come to mind are Finding Nemo, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mission Space, Figment, innoventions, and classic epcot. The window will instead be replaced with a video projection of a different set of scenes depending on the theme of the room. Now the deluxe suites will be towards the top with a spectacular view of the fireworks. There will also be restaurant/viewing area at the top for watching the fireworks as well. As for the pool, they will have it indoors thus keeping the theming active. When its time to check out you can have your luggage once again delivered to the front while you get some last chances to wander around epcot before heading to the front to get your luggage. Its a plausible option in all honesty and if they used the existing parking system they could theoretically keep things pretty much normal without too much major changes to the landscape.
That is a fun idea, though I suspect guests aside from the Star Wars Hotel, woul,d not appreciate a virtual window instead of a real one, and that particular location is pretty crowded and hemmed in with Mission Space, GOTG, and WDI...Most applicable space for a hotel would be behind The Seas or spanning the entrance and Monorail Station...( I am talking about Future World Locations).

castlecake2.0

Another though for the innoventions location is that you already have a large service basement attached to the utilidors to make things somewhat easier to get to or from the hotel...
Are we thinking boutique hotel? I’m also finding the guest logistics hard to picture having a hotel inside the park with no real exterior access

*My thoughts and I dont represent the brand*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom