The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

DCBaker

Premium Member
IMG_50A0E6102B0C-1.jpeg
IMG_50A0E6102B0C-2 2.jpeg

"Check out this first look at the new lighting design our Disney Imagineers will be bringing to the iconic Chinese Theatre at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

The new nighttime appearance features bright gold accents, all-new energy-efficient LED lighting. But the part I am really excited about is the triumphant return of spotlights searching the sky as the theatre welcomes guests to the premiere of the latest Mickey Mouse short at Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. This is a culmination of years of work by our teams to bring “premiere night, every night” energy to this iconic golden age of Hollywood architecture. I love when our teams are able use their unique skills to enhance the stories within our parks and this definitely showcases what our Imagineers ingenuity."

Short video at the link below as well -

UNCgolf

Absolutely.

But I wish he’d quit with the hyperbole. And sort out his grammar.

Unless someone else writes for him. Surely not.

It would also be nice if what was inside those buildings was something other than the same merchandise sold everywhere else. That has nothing to do with him, though.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

View attachment 540459View attachment 540460

"Check out this first look at the new lighting design our Disney Imagineers will be bringing to the iconic Chinese Theatre at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

The new nighttime appearance features bright gold accents, all-new energy-efficient LED lighting. But the part I am really excited about is the triumphant return of spotlights searching the sky as the theatre welcomes guests to the premiere of the latest Mickey Mouse short at Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. This is a culmination of years of work by our teams to bring “premiere night, every night” energy to this iconic golden age of Hollywood architecture. I love when our teams are able use their unique skills to enhance the stories within our parks and this definitely showcases what our Imagineers ingenuity."

Short video at the link below as well -

Looks great!!!! Anyone have an idea when this starts??? Does this confirm the end/cut of Star Wars/Wonderful World of Animation???

gerarar

Premium Member
Looks great!!!! Anyone have an idea when this starts??? Does this confirm the end/cut of Star Wars/Wonderful World of Animation???
It was reported before the parks closed that Wonderful World of Animation would end its run on March 13th for Disney Movie Magic, but that never happened. WWoA kept playing ‘til the parks closed on March 15th, 2020.

When the projection shows return at the Chinese Theater, who knows what show will even be playing then. I hope it’s WWoA because I really do like some parts of it especially the finale with Walt & Mickey.

Article about the switch-a-roo:

TTA94

It was reported before the parks closed that Wonderful World of Animation would end its run on March 13th for Disney Movie Magic, but that never happened. WWoA kept playing ‘til the parks closed on March 15th, 2020.

When the projection shows return at the Chinese Theater, who knows what show will even be playing then. I hope it’s WWoA because I really do like some parts of it especially the finale with Walt & Mickey.

I hope WWoA comes back. Way better than Movie Magic. The Star Wars show I’ll be excited to never see that again 🤮. There is more to DHS than Star Wars.

jrhwdw

You're right, there was a little confusion. Both shows played when Movie Magic retuned until COVID shut down DHS.

No word on the Pre COVID shows in that Instagram post. Guess there's' no light at the end of tunnel yet...

There was talk of 2 Night Shows being cut after COVID so, I was just wondering about the Spotlights and now we have MMRR.

jrhwdw

I hope WWoA comes back. Way better than Movie Magic. The Star Wars show I’ll be excited to never see that again 🤮. There is more to DHS than Star Wars.
I wish DHS could figure out a way to bring Sorcery In The Sky back! That's what I think of when DHS Spotlights come to mind! Or at least SWW's Fireworks. Esp. if F! isn't ready when COVID's over or F! needs an overhaul.

ToTBellHop

It should be: “...this definitely showcases what our imagineers ingenuise.”

Just kidding, it should be ingenuize.
The Zach prefers “ingenois”, which is pronounced as though it is French. “In jen WAH”

Honestly, he just comes on too strong. It’s okay to say, “we’ve been working on this for awhile and I love how the finished product looks! What does you think?” instead of his next post, which will be, “Because Walt Disney once said Disneyland would never be complete, we is so excitement to show off our new Dole Whip-scented urinal pucks!”

Last edited:

Bocabear

and how is fixing broken lights that were originally designed to be on every night showcasing the Imagineer's ingenuity? Does it now take an "Imagineer" to reconnect an existing light bulb? Why is fixing broken things even newsworthy? To me, it shows how mis-managed the company is, not how wonderful they are... I am glad they restored the lights... that is nice and the right thing to do...but maintenance should not be worthy of a press release...

ToTBellHop

and how is fixing broken lights that were originally designed to be on every night showcasing the Imagineer's ingenuity? Does it now take an "Imagineer" to reconnect an existing light bulb? Why is fixing broken things even newsworthy? To me, it shows how mis-managed the company is, not how wonderful they are... I am glad they restored the lights... that is nice and the right thing to do...but maintenance should not be worthy of a press release...
Yes; this shouldn’t have been allowed to happen in the first place. I’m just happy about the small victory. The budget for the 50th was cut so much but I’m happy they are funding improvements to the nighttime lighting in all four parks.

Bocabear

Yes; this shouldn’t have been allowed to happen in the first place. I’m just happy about the small victory. The budget for the 50th was cut so much but I’m happy they are funding improvements to the nighttime lighting in all four parks.
But it is not an "Improvement" but merely replacing what was removed and had been there since the opening of the park... We have set the bar so low for the 50th that I am expecting a press release for sweeping Hollywood Boulevard and emptying the trashcans..."Disney Imagineers created this new "trash-free" look just for the 50th Celebration!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom