Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

flutas

Taking that as we won’t get a announcement for awhile yet?

I have no direct connection to TDA/TDO so take what I say with a grain of salt.

But I think it's going to be an "announce and launch" at the same time. From what I can see though, they are currently building out the tech for it behind the scenes.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If you're talking about the recent report from Inside the Magic let me first say: LOL

I will then follow that by proving that Inside the Magic is clickbait, wrong, and shouldn't be taken seriously...ever. My proof? A screenshot of a video from August 2020 showing the sign in the exact same state as the "recent report" that incorrectly states that the sign being painted over is new.

Long story short? Never trust Inside the Magic, they have no idea what they're doing and don't know the Disney parks

View attachment 539763
Can even go a bit further back than that.

July 7 2020
Magic-Kingdom_Full_38157.jpg

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm not saying it's one thing or another, but FP signs were removed at Soarin' and LWTL in the last couple of days. Kilimanjaro Safaris a couple of days ago. It seems to be a concerted effort. Could be just not to have guests ask "Where do I get one of those FastPasses?" during Spring Break.

ETA: FP signs still visible at Test Track and SSE. I'm told RnRC, MFSR, and ToT also removed recently.

Last edited:

aliceismad

I'm not saying it's one thing or another, but FP signs were removed at Soarin' and LWTL in the last couple of days. Kilimanjaro Safaris a couple of days ago. It seems to be a concerted effort. Could be just not to have guests ask "Where do I get one of those FastPasses?" during Spring Break.
Interesting.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

ETA: FP signs still visible at Test Track and SSE.
Removed (as in demolished) or covered up (Temporary)?

pdude81

ETA: FP signs still visible at Test Track and SSE. I'm told RnRC, MFSR, and ToT also removed recently.
To be fair, if fastpass isn't back for the rest of the year then they could just want to stop having people ask why others are going through the FP line. Then again, it would also be useful to remove Fastpass signs if there were a permanent decision made to rename the entire program.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To be fair, if fastpass isn't back for the rest of the year then they could just want to stop having people ask why others are going through the FP line. Then again, it would also be useful to remove Fastpass signs if there were a permanent decision made to rename the entire program.
I was mildly surprised the signs were still there after reopening. That’s an example of the fluidity and unknowns still regarding this.

havoc315

I was mildly surprised the signs were still there after reopening. That’s an example of the fluidity and unknowns still regarding this.

Yes.... the idea that they just covered them to prevent confusion during Spring Break -- They didn't mind confusion during Thanksgiving, Christmas and President's Week?

I wouldn't read too much into the covering up of the FP signs except this: FP+, at least as we knew it before, is not coming back any time soon.
As Marni has hinted, maybe it's being replaced with something different. Or maybe it just isn't coming back for a long while.
But I think it is now pretty safe to assume that the old FP+ system won't be coming back within the next 6 months.

lentesta

Premium Member
Yes.... the idea that they just covered them to prevent confusion during Spring Break -- They didn't mind confusion during Thanksgiving, Christmas and President's Week?

I wouldn't read too much into the covering up of the FP signs except this: FP+, at least as we knew it before, is not coming back any time soon.
As Marni has hinted, maybe it's being replaced with something different. Or maybe it just isn't coming back for a long while.
But I think it is now pretty safe to assume that the old FP+ system won't be coming back within the next 6 months.

Yeah, my guess too is it's to prevent guest confusion. I could be wrong. We'll see.

Jon81uk

This is probably going to be a hugely unpopular opinion.....

...but I *strongly* welcome the idea of a premium/paid fastpass (maxpass) system. We've all debated the drawbacks of FP+ ad nauseam...I've been of the opinion that the system has been an abject failure for several years. The end result of FP+ was that every park, every attraction, suffered from ghastly wait times. Even the attractions that you would have otherwise jumped on to wait out another fastpass return time were stuffed. At some point following the implementation of FP+, WDW visits became extremely frustrating - first because I had to plan out my days 2 months prior, and second, because once I got in the parks and used up the 3 fastpasses, the rest of the day was spent standing on abnormally large queues. To me, it's not a value-added system if everyone's using it.

Whacking the whole system and moving to a system where you charge a flat or incremental fee for access to FP queues would be something I would welcome with open arms....the express pass system at Universal is worth its weight in gold, especially during busy times of the year. If I have to drop extra cash to get a similar benefit at WDW - I'll happily absorb that in the cost of my WDW trip.

...ok, flame away! 😄

this would only work if it was a lot more restricted and at a high price so there are few users, so the main queue moves quickly and guests who don’t have access don’t feel excluded. It just about works at Universal but Disney have a lot more guests and a lot more resorts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You won’t be able to run the parks without capacity restrictions without fast pass. It just doesn’t work anymore. They don’t have the ride capacity. Bob didn’t bother to build it.

PirateFrank

this would only work if it was a lot more restricted and at a high price so there are few users, so the main queue moves quickly and guests who don’t have access don’t feel excluded. It just about works at Universal but Disney have a lot more guests and a lot more resorts.

Yes exactly. The problem with fastpass is that everyone has access to it. It's not an advantage or a value-added feature at this point.

havoc315

You won’t be able to run the parks without capacity restrictions without fast pass. It just doesn’t work anymore. They don’t have the ride capacity. Bob didn’t bother to build it.

I understand your point, but I think it’s actually the opposite:
Fastpass effectively reduces capacity by letting people be in 2 lines at once.

Full capacity runs more efficiently WITHOUT fastpass. The entire FP+ system never was able to achieve its objectives.

Take Epcot or DHS in early 2020 pre-closure: every single significant attraction was a Tier 1 fastpass.
So going full capacity without FPs, really just takes 1 real FP away from the guest, while making standby lines shorter park-wide.

CaptainAmerica

I understand your point, but I think it’s actually the opposite:
Fastpass effectively reduces capacity by letting people be in 2 lines at once.

Full capacity runs more efficiently WITHOUT fastpass. The entire FP+ system never was able to achieve its objectives.

Take Epcot or DHS in early 2020 pre-closure: every single significant attraction was a Tier 1 fastpass.
So going full capacity without FPs, really just takes 1 real FP away from the guest, while making standby lines shorter park-wide.
FastPass has no net impact on rides that normally run at capacity. An attraction that always runs full handles the same number of people per hour regardless of whether it's pulling from one line or two.

FastPass has a net positive impact on rides that would run below capacity without FastPass, because it steers guests towards those rides. It has a net favorable impact on overall wait times (i.e. increased standby wait times minus decreased FastPass wait times).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom