News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disney updated the MDE app a while ago to function and list multiple virtual queues (the API now lists ROTR VQ as queue #0). So maybe the original plan was to always utilize the Virtual Queue system for Rat. Of course plans have and will probably change as we get closer to the inevitable opening.

I know it was looked at for Rat, and discounted. But that was last summer. Things may have changed.

ToTBellHop

Disney updated the MDE app a while ago to function and list multiple virtual queues (the API now lists ROTR VQ as queue #0). So maybe the original plan was to always utilize the Virtual Queue system for Rat. Of course plans have and will probably change as we get closer to the inevitable opening.
The original plan was to use VQ on MANY rides as the parks reopened last summer. It was deemed unnecessary.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Any drawn-in line in the water is just lazy tracing on my part. There's a walkway along the lagoon at a lower level than the promenade.
Dangit! And here I was hoping WDW would hand out complimentary floaties for those affected!
seinfeld GIF by HULU

flutas

There have been more updates to that as well.

They can change out pretty much everything with a VQ from icons showing for it to theming for it to restrictions for joining it.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's coming to Rat though. Most likely them just building it out for potential future uses.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Yeah that's not good. Switchbacks aren't so efficient these days as they lose half the switchbacks to maintain distancing.
Maybe Disney is counting on unsocial distancing being a thing of the past by the time Rat opens? Or delaying the opening until such time that the extra measures are no longer required?

dmw

In the Parks
No
Even when Disney takes all the tape off the ground, I’d imagine guests will keep spreading out at least a little more than they used to. That alone will have ripple effects across all the queues in the parks.
I expect the opposite. I have visited some smaller amusement venues and their outdoor queues have no distancing or mask requirements. Even with suggested marks on the ground, the guests in line were not observing those, and did not seem to care. I think WDW guests will return to tighter lines very quickly.

kinglsyyy

Pre covid people in lines would be right up your back.
And even when WDW first reopened my wife got into a verbal conferation when she reqested some teens space out as they were literllay bumping into us. There was a language barrier and it was getting heated and I was worried about an altercation with my children there.
Just becuse we requested they stand on the marker on the ground.

We were at Animal Kingdom last night, and the people were bumping into us behind us in the line for FOP.

I would love the distance after masks are gone.
But i do look foward to the masks going away, they are brutal in the Florida Summer.

TTA94

One good thing that happened the past year is more “personal space”. Who doesn’t like personal space! Unfortunately in the theme park world personal space doesn’t normally exist and sadly won’t much longer. Some may find it hard to go back to not having personal space, myself being one of them lol, but that’s life.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Even when Disney takes all the tape off the ground, I’d imagine guests will keep spreading out at least a little more than they used to. That alone will have ripple effects across all the queues in the parks.

From what I’ve been told by people who have been there this year, people not social distancing in queues and just in general around the parks has become more of an issue.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know this is said every time their is an investor call but are we expecting any movement on this tomorrow?
No. Disney's crystal balls don't actually work. They can't announce timelines for things that are going to happen when the crisis is over because they don't know for sure when the crisis will be over.

The purpose of the meeting is corporate business, not to be a general address to their customers.

Surferboy567

No. Disney's crystal balls don't actually work. They can't announce timelines for things that are going to happen when the crisis is over because they don't know for sure when the crisis will be over.

The purpose of the meeting is corporate business, not to be a general address to their customers.
I assumed this, in listening to these meetings I have actually become more and more interested in the corporate side of the meetings and am surprised when anything news worthy comes up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom