News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

MrzPalmtree

Nope just busy spring break period anticipated. MK is open till 10 every night that week too
Actually, MK is only open until 9 pm March 14-20. The additional hour may be added as the dates get closer as that week looks to be a good bit busier than the week before, but currently most of the week is set for 9 pm closing.

Purduevian

I'm not really understanding the delay on this. What is their concerns? That demand will be too high? Nearly every (ride) attraction has operated during covid. If anything, put in the ROTR boarding group option if you're worried about crowds and wait times.
I think they are worried about not maximizing profits based on their new ride. With the capped capacity, opening a new ride will only bring their daily attendance at EPCOT up a small amount vs if they were more open (which I'm guessing they are planning to do in the summer).

For example lets say EPCOT's capacity is at 100,000 guests and they are limiting the park to 40% or 40,000 guests per day. Most days EPCOT does not hit this, but is averaging 30,000 guests or something. If they open RAT now, they will get 10,000 extra people per day for a few weeks.
If they open RAT after they raise capacity to 50%, then they will get an extra 20,000 people per day on most days.

pdude81

They do want people booking packages for the fall and early next year though, and there is a potential for a lot of stimulus money coming soon. So I don't think I agree that they want to wait until they can jam the parks fuller.

One logistical concern I could see is that Epcot is very popular as a "hop to" park right now... and if it's all full of reservations along with the newest in WDW, that could upset the balance of the force.

Surferboy567

Not much since capacity to the park is limited and the ride doesn't generate money, only the merch, which some is on sale.

It would be nice if they opened the crepe shop though.
Is that technically true though? I’d wager that EPCOT right now would probably greatly benefit for a new attraction since they need new additions. Some guests coming to EPCOT may be only going for Rat, and wouldn’t be in the park if not for Rat. This could lead to more food, beverage, and merch sales. Not sure exactly how you would know how much value this translates to but it can’t be nothing.

lazyboy97o

Is that technically true though? I’d wager that EPCOT right now would probably greatly benefit for a new attraction since they need new additions. Some guests coming to EPCOT may be only going for Rat, and wouldn’t be in the park if not for Rat. This could lead to more food, beverage, and merch sales. Not sure exactly how you would know how much value this translates to but it can’t be nothing.
People only going for one attraction would be a problem. Afterward they’d either just leave completely or be annoyed at being stuck in the park for most of the day, neither of which leads to more sales. They’d also be using up reservation slots for people who want to do more than just the one bee attraction.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
People only going for one attraction would be a problem. Afterward they’d either just leave completely or be annoyed at being stuck in the park for most of the day, neither of which leads to more sales. They’d also be using up reservation slots for people who want to do more than just the one bee attraction.
But Rat is in WS. Just imagine the number of kiosks guests have to walk past just to get there. 🤑🤑🤑

dreday3

I'm picturing the big hook from the Gong Show, yanking people away from their croissants.... or this!

donald.jpg

CJR

Does the ride have a staff to run it? I know that they could crosstrain, but if people were trained, you'd think that'd have leaked out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom