News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why they aren’t using the new speakers for the loop now (at least to test them) is beyond me. The classic loop, even if it is going away, needs to be heard in high quality now.
They were just put in, so I am not even sure if they are capable of being used right now. And there is also probably an issue with the source material not being compatible with the new audio system.

britain

1613763359262.png

As far as permanent decorations go, this sure beats the Mickey wand.

DCBaker

Premium Member

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
View attachment 533878

Some of the words I’d like to say to that PR post would be blocked.

lightningtap347

View attachment 533878

I wish the guy at Home Depot would describe lights to me the way Zach Riddley does...

cjkeating

View attachment 533878

When did Spaceship Earth become a 'her'?!

I don't mean this in an offensive way, just why is Spaceship Earth gendered? Do other park icons or significant structures have a gender?!

trainplane3

View attachment 533878

You're putting lights up and rebuilt the original entrance. Congrats. Lots of effort there.

Still waiting on some majorly positive breakthrough from this guy.

Skywise

We trashed the entire concept of future world... but it's ok, we put Christmas Lights on Spaceship Earth. You guys like Christmas lights, right? You were all sad when the Osborne Christmas light show went away, so we know you guys like christmas lights and now we're putting them on Spaceship Earth to represent... uh... to honor ... uh... coz it's new and stuff.

I'm kinda mixed on it because it think the original lighting of Spaceship Earth still shows off its architectural features fine - Not that I'm against the blinkin flashin colored lights - but Disney was blathering on about projection lighting technology and here you've got a perfect canvas for such a thing...

I mean... at least it's not a pink birthday cake... but still...

Last edited:

trainplane3

I wonder how many people wrote and approved that.

”The more we make a real hash of the park and the more we realise we need to try and deflect the unexpected backlash we will try and push out a positive PR release to sound like it’ll be okay”
Is GR actually receiving a notable number of complaints related to the FW overhaul? Or the oil rigs in the lagoon?

Goofyernmost

We trashed the entire concept of future world... but it's ok, be put Christmas Lights on Spaceship Earth. You guys like Christmas lights, right? You were all sad when the Osborne Christmas light show went away, so we know you guys like christmas lights and now we're putting them on Spaceship Earth to represent... uh... to honor ... uh... coz it's new and stuff.

I'm kinda mixed on it because it think the original lighting of Spaceship Earth still shows off its architectural features fine - Not that I'm against the blinkin flashin colored lights - but Disney was blathering on about projection lighting technology and here you've got a perfect canvas for such a thing...

I mean... at least it's not a pink birthday cake... but still...
I do so agree with you. I saw that and said, please say it isn't so. It is far worse then the Mickey Hand and Wand. The only part of that that was bad to me was the placement of those reflective wand stars directly on SSE. I would have been happy if the just didn't deface an icon to please those with a penchant for shiny things. SSE should be regal and not a display for a group of shiny lights to pull in those shiny thing people. I don't mind if they project something on it, if they are creative and are limited to a brief period of time per day, but those lights or locations are going to show up even during the day. The Mickey hand at least had a useful purpose which was to tell many people that for some reason didn't connect EPCOT with Disney. That hand fixed that misconception. But this does nothing but put a bunch of gaudy permanent Christmas lights on it. Unfortunately, they are not even a little bit interested in my opinion.

Horizons1

I’d just be happy for them to bring back the original lighting where SE and the pylons changed colors together. That was such a beautiful lighting package which was lost when the EPCOT graveyard was built.

I am waiting to see what this is going to look like, but the concept art reminds me of the early 1980s Wonderful World of Disney opening sequence.

Minus the color I personally would be thrilled if it looked like this as I can remember seeing this introduction quite often and being amazed by how cool Spaceship Earth looked.

96144C43-0C46-49E2-8FEC-BFDB615F0BF8.png
470333EE-647E-49DE-8749-E525568ECADC.png
F0145DC8-A252-41AA-BF29-AF8E01CD6941.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom