Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

ToTBellHop

There are other things to see in Europe. I'd only allot a day or two to Disney. Depending on your plans, we've done the bus tour of Paris from Disney and it hit most of the highlights, but there is so much more to see that can't be done in a day.
We were planning a huge trip last year, then this year, now next summer. Paris, DLP, Barcelona, cruise to Palma, Marseille, Pisa, Rome, Naples.

Not a good time for that trip. Surely by next year, it’ll be worth the wait. This opportunity to rethink (without penalties) has allowed us to decide we will add a night in Paris and take it away from DLP.

Planning on California this summer, now. I’ve been (16 years ago) but not my wife or kids, and as Americans, something domestic seems like a better bet by August.

Indy_UK

Welp...pulled the plug. We will try for our first trip in summer 2022. Hoping for a better experience for the 30th.

We've only just booked our trip for the end of July and already i don't think it's going to happen. I'm holding out hope but UK lockdown is probably going to be until sometime in March. Vaccinations for most isn't until the autumn.

Maybe 2022 wouldn't be the worst thing ever. DLP with Marvel hotel and Avengers Campus opening. Maybe see if there's a European cruise to make it a full holiday too.

ToTBellHop

We've only just booked our trip for the end of July and already i don't think it's going to happen. I'm holding out hope but UK lockdown is probably going to be until sometime in March. Vaccinations for most isn't until the autumn.

Maybe 2022 wouldn't be the worst thing ever. DLP with Marvel hotel and Avengers Campus opening. Maybe see if there's a European cruise to make it a full holiday too.
We are definitely staying at Hotel New York. It looks awesome.

TiggerDad

I spent a full day at the Louvre.
Too long:

Miru

I don’t feel like this revamp will do much of anything, really. In the end, what’s being added are just a horde of clones of things you can find in their other fully-owned parks, many of which are unspectacular to begin with; without anything new or unique. It’s most unique items in the past have been shuttered (CineMagique) or cloned (Ratatouille). It will be strange seeing a FEA that was never Malestrom before, however. Ultimately, this will erode the unappealing original theming, but not construct a solid new identity for the park. The days of DCA 2.0 are long gone...

Last edited:

Disneylover152

I don’t feel like this revamp will do much of anything, really. In the end, what’s being added are just a horde of clones of things you can find in their other fully-owned parks, many of which are unspectacular to begin with; without anything new or unique. It’s most unique items in the past have been shuttered (CineMagique) or cloned (Ratatouille). It will be strange seeing a FEA that was never Malestrom before, however. Ultimately, this will erode the unappealing original theming, but not construct a solid new identity for the park. The days of DCA 2.0 are long gone...
Exactly. It may be adding some expensive and high tech new rides, but it's not taking a DCA 2.0 approach to give the park a new identity. It's still gonna have the boring and concrete Production Courtyard, keep the behind the scenes theme of the Front Lot & Studio One, and have the mish-mosh of random IPs in the form of carnival rides in Toon Studio.

LeeleeSTAR

Still no obvious progress on the frozen land or lake at WDS. I'm fine with this if it's just a delay due to covid and temporary financial curbacks, would love to know Disney's intention at the moment. I hope we don't see the whole area ditched with just a disjointed Cars your add on.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Still no obvious progress on the frozen land or lake at WDS. I'm fine with this if it's just a delay due to covid and temporary financial curbacks, would love to know Disney's intention at the moment. I hope we don't see the whole area ditched with just a disjointed Cars your add on.
I believe both Frozen and the new lake area were set to open in 2023 or 2024 (in time for the Paris Olympics). Given the current situation, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to 2025 at the earliest or 2027 (DLPR's 35th Anniversary, WDSP's 25th) at the latest. I do wish they'll take this time to rethink many aspects of the Studios but alas, it's Chapek running the show now...

LeeleeSTAR

I believe both Frozen and the new lake area were set to open in 2023 or 2024 (in time for the Paris Olympics). Given the current situation, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to 2025 at the earliest or 2027 (DLPR's 35th Anniversary, WDSP's 25th) at the latest. I do wish they'll take this time to rethink many aspects of the Studios but alas, it's Chapek running the show now...
I would just like to hear whether it’s all still planned or not. It’s just silence. I understand everything is uncertain but some clarification either way would be great. Even if it was a comment that plans are being changed or everything is still planned but will take several years longer.

wdrive

I would just like to hear whether it’s all still planned or not. It’s just silence. I understand everything is uncertain but some clarification either way would be great. Even if it was a comment that plans are being changed or everything is still planned but will take several years longer.

The theater on Main Street at WDW still hasn’t officially been cancelled as far as I’m aware. Come to think of it we’re still waiting for the extra pavilions on World Showcase, a whole 30ish years now.

As annoying as it can be, the closest we’ll probably get to them announcing a cancellation is unfortunately just radio silence.

Other than the New Fantasyland changes, I can’t think of any time they’ve made an announcement to cancel/change plans.

cjkeating

It may be slower than initially planned but there is still stuff going on, just not stuff that is obvious or exciting.

For example the temporary accommodation for the workers has recently been installed, a permanent security fence is being installed around the expanded park site, utilities work was still going on last I heard, all of the 'temporary accommodation that was there since the park opened has been cleared and WDI have moved into their new purpose built accommodation. Etc.

Marvel was originally 2020 with the lake 2022 and Frozen 2023 (I always found it weird the lake was opening before Frozen but there was obviously some plan that I didn't quite understand). As Marvel has shifted back a year lets assume the lake is now 2023 and Frozen 2024.

IMDREW

I wouldn't be surprised if the next castle show will be the same as the new one for Hong Kong Disneyland. Just like they did with Shanghai last time.

coruscant

I would also not be surprised if for the 30th they will bring a show like the one for Tokyo's 35th anniversary, about the park and it's lands. It would have to be adjusted as DLP doesn't have some rides that appear on that show (like splash mountain). But to be honest that would be a great tribute to the park, simillarly to RDCT or Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland

wdrive

I would also not be surprised if for the 30th they will bring a show like the one for Tokyo's 35th anniversary, about the park and it's lands. It would have to be adjusted as DLP doesn't have some rides that appear on that show (like splash mountain). But to be honest that would be a great tribute to the park, simillarly to RDCT or Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland

That is pretty much the 25th show that Paris had.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
That is pretty much the 25th show that Paris had.
The Grand Celebration DLP had for the 25th, yes. In terms of current fireworks shows, not really. Illuminations was more of a Disney IP showcase with little ties/connections to Disneyland Park itself. The only sequences in that show that are connected to DLP itself or broadly France were the live-action Beauty and the Beast (specifically added to Illuminations), Finding Nemo (bit of a stretch since it's the Studios that has an attraction themed to it), Star Wars, and Pirates of the Caribbean sequences.

I'd love for a Remember, Dreams Come True-type show to come to Disneyland Park, but I think the 30th/35th anniversaries is a bit too early to present such a retrospective show. I think the main reason why such a show came to be in Tokyo is because the Japanese take their Disneyland seriously and held it dearly since its opening day, so a retrospective and nostalgic show like that made sense. France, on the other hand...

Last edited:

wdrive

The Grand Celebration DLP had for the 25th, yes. In terms of current fireworks shows, not really. Illuminations was more of a Disney IP showcase with little ties/connections to Disneyland Park itself. The only sequences in that show that are connected to DLP itself or broadly France were the live-action Beauty and the Beast (specifically added to Illuminations), Finding Nemo (bit of a stretch since it's the Studios that has an attraction themed to it), Star Wars, and Pirates of the Caribbean sequences.

I'd love for a Remember, Dreams Come True-type show to come to Disneyland Park, but I think the 30th/35th anniversaries is a bit too early to present such a retrospective show. I think the main reason why such a show came to be in Tokyo is because the Japanese take their Disneyland seriously and held it dearly since its opening day, so a retrospective and nostalgic show like that made sense. France, on the other hand...

Sorry thought you were talking about a live show. I was referring to the character show that ran on the Castle Stage for the whole anniversary.

But yes, a fireworks should based on the park I would welcome.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Sorry thought you were talking about a live show. I was referring to the character show that ran on the Castle Stage for the whole anniversary.
Ah, that castle show, not the Grand Celebration. Forgot DLP entertainment did a castle show for the 25th.

Honestly, the Grand Celebration was something that everyone did not expect from DLP of all places, which is probably the reason why the other entertainment offerings (besides Stars on Parade and Illuminations) were kinda sidelined for me.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
They did two! The Mickey show which was a very meh show and the Princess show which ended up a fan favorite.
Ah, right! The princess one returned for Christmas 2019, I believe. Strange choice from DLP Entertainment, when there's this show already that fits the Christmas theme better:

Last edited:

cjkeating

They did two! The Mickey show which was a very meh show and the Princess show which ended up a fan favorite.
Oh I thought it was the other way around? I know there was a big appreciation of the park/lands-sentric anniversary show whereas the Princess Show was a bit of a fashion show (I did love the finale with the princes).

I do understand they were appealing to two different niches and people can like either or both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom