Surprise! Red Tier Now Begins Sunday; Downtown Disney Restaurants???

mickEblu

The USA has a lot of land. I think 12% of the countries population in California is enough. I really don’t care if me or others moving increases the cost of living elsewhere. Not sure what the OP on this matter was insinuating? Don’t move so others don’t have to go though what you re going through here even if that means you can drastically improve your quality of life?

With that said, there is probably about a 10% chance of me actually leaving California for various reasons.

cmwade77

The USA has a lot of land. I think 12% of the countries population in California is enough. I really don’t care if me or others moving increases the cost of living elsewhere. Not sure what the OP on this matter was insinuating? Don’t move so others don’t have to go though what you re going through here even if that means you can drastically improve your quality of life?

With that said, there is probably about a 10% chance of me actually leaving California for various reasons.
Same here to be honest, but I am more than willing for others to move and decrease the amount of traffic, etc. I will have to deal with later and who knows maybe most of the ones that have been causing the issues will move as well? One can hope.

Mac Tonight

What I love is the blatant implication that it is Californians specifically that are moving to these other states and driving up housing costs there. As though no one else has ever moved to another state before. And with so many people leaving the state, you'd think our housing costs would decrease... but no. It's the opposite. :rolleyes:

Like I said before, the takeaway is that Californians are really just the worst.

Last edited:

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I learned today that Disney is planning (pending government approval, as always) to reopen DL and DCA in time for summer 2021–with Avengers Campus.
That’s exciting. I really hope you’re right and it pans out (fingers crossed).

In the belated spirit of Punxsutawney Phil it all just like Groundhog Day all over again (like July 17, 2020).

ToTBellHop

That’s exciting. I really hope you’re right and it pans out (fingers crossed).

In the belated spirit of Punxsutawney Phil it all just like Groundhog Day all over again (like July 17, 2020).
Well, I didn’t make it up, but Disney already announced they were opening before. Obviously, CA has no problem shutting everything back down if they decide they need to. But Disney is making budgetary plans to be ready for summer.

ToTBellHop

Are we talking June or September? I don’t see how they can get that approval this far in advance without the tier system criteria being thrown out.
June. Grand Californian Hotel in the spring. Have you noticed a shift in tone from the Governor? It’s 2021 and he is up for re-election next year and wants to avoid a recall vote being scheduled in March. It’s time for optimism.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member

The insinuation is that we have a systemic problem in this country with cost of living. This is a larger conversation that maybe shouldn't be had in this thread, but its an issue of wages not keeping up with the rising costs.

Its simple math, A + B = C

A - family leaves a high cost state like California
B - they move to a lower cost state say Idaho and buys house above market value as there are multiple bidders (because of course someone selling a house is not going to do it below market value)
C - as a result prices rise in lower cost state due to increase in housing prices, leading to lower cost state now becoming a higher cost state over time.

So while you personally don't care, it affects those that grew up in that area that are now priced out of the area that their family grew up in for generations. Its the same tale that was told in California just a generation ago. So really all that is happening is we're kicking the can down the road and not changing anything.

So while I say do what if best for you and your family its not a problem that is going to go away. Its something that we need to work on as a state and a country. Because I've had friends that left California for places like Texas, only to find that they got priced out a couple years later and couldn't keep up because their wages were lower. So they moved right back to California to get the higher wages again. Because there is the rub, sure other states might be lower cost right now, but that also means wages are lower as well. I know personally I wouldn't be able to make the same if I left California.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, just pointing out some facts that may provide someone something to think about. Everyone must do what is best for their own family and their own situation.

truecoat

June. Grand Californian Hotel in the spring. Have you noticed a shift in tone from the Governor? It’s 2021 and he is up for re-election next year and wants to avoid a recall vote being scheduled in March. It’s time for optimism.

True but he still holds a 52% approval rating and that's good enough.

Mac Tonight

Most people aren’t that rational.

He’d probably just grow a mustache and you’d have Gov. Navin Gewsom.

"I know how to fix California!" - Navin Gewsom.

NavinGewsom.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom