News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think at this point we need a deviated thread for the likely redevelopment of the Morocco pavilion with Disney now taking over from the third party operator.

PHOTOS - A look at the updated Disney operated locations in the Morocco Pavilion at EPCOT​

PHOTOS - Morocco pavilion restrooms now closed for refurbishment​

Last edited:

dreday3

Wow! I don't think I ever noticed a dessert window. Is it on the side of Spice Road or across the way?
I swear, I always find something that I've previously missed on every trip.

I'm glad it's open and will check it out!

castlecake2.0

I think at this point we need a deviated thread for the likely redevelopment of the Morocco pavilion with Disney now taking over from the third party operator.

PHOTOS - A look at the updated Disney operated locations in the Morocco Pavilion at EPCOT​

PHOTOS - Morocco pavilion restrooms now closed for refurbishment​

Hopes:

Shops in the courtyard reopen along with both restaurants. Cultural Hosts return when possible to staff the pavilion. Meet and greet return to drive traffic.

realistically:

most shops remain shuttered, Marrakesh operating seasonally or becomes a rentable venue space. Pavilion becomes another Canada with half the place just becoming facades.

Prototype82

I don't expect major changes. Just shuttered up stores like Canada as speculated before. Would be wonderful if things opened back up again. The burning incense, the jewelry strewn across tables for purchasing. The market always seemed bustling and popular back there before the financial woes of covid. Maybe there's a chance things will open back up again after this mess.

mightynine

i think they should tear it down and start over. the pavilion only takes up half its space as is.

Have you walked through the pavilion, and actually spent time admiring the level of detail throughout? The beautiful courtyard with handmade Moroccan tile, the serene fountain in the middle of the bustling world showcase?

But they could make it Aladdin! Don’t you know I come to Disney to take Ubers and see Disney stuff? Geez!

aladdin2007

It was for the most part really the last pavilion left that stayed true to the intent and form, and now its pretty much done for too unless we get a surprise but not holding my breath. It was so nice to just walk up and dine there and enjoy without all the reservation hoopla mess, not to mention the nice atmosphere and comfortable dining, never to return most likely.

Creathir

i think they should tear it down and start over. the pavilion only takes up half its space as is.
When designing Animal Kingdom, Joe Rhode took the lead Imagineers and they spent a day going over the Morocco pavilion, pointing out the details and the feeling of the pavilion. It is lauded by Imagineering as one of the best examples of transporting a guest into another world, removing them from central Florida, and putting them in another place and/or time. The rich details, the layout in how you can almost get lost back in the pavilion.

To tear it down would be a travesty of immense proportions. Do not get me wrong, I put nothing past a company that can utterly destroy the front end of one of the most unique experiences in the world, but I cannot believe someone would wish that would happen.

How about instead, they expand it to the rest of the pavilion pad space, add on to an already amazing piece of visual art.

castlecake2.0

When designing Animal Kingdom, Joe Rhode took the lead Imagineers and they spent a day going over the Morocco pavilion, pointing out the details and the feeling of the pavilion. It is lauded by Imagineering as one of the best examples of transporting a guest into another world, removing them from central Florida, and putting them in another place and/or time. The rich details, the layout in how you can almost get lost back in the pavilion.

To tear it down would be a travesty of immense proportions. Do not get me wrong, I put nothing past a company that can utterly destroy the front end of one of the most unique experiences in the world, but I cannot believe someone would wish that would happen.

How about instead, they expand it to the rest of the pavilion pad space, add on to an already amazing piece of visual art.
I don’t think they’d ever tear it down, it would cost less just to operate it as is with half the venues opened, just like Canada. That is unless a third party wants to pay for any changes.

Bocabear

Or better yet, Add an actual attraction to the pavilion mother than a restaurant and shops... It is beautiful, but only gives us the vaguest hint of what Morocco is. I would even be up for a "Where Is Aboo" boat ride if it meant adding an attraction and bringing some interest to the pavilion and it's restaurants.

Little Green Men

I don't expect major changes. Just shuttered up stores like Canada as speculated before. Would be wonderful if things opened back up again. The burning incense, the jewelry strewn across tables for purchasing. The market always seemed bustling and popular back there before the financial woes of covid. Maybe there's a chance things will open back up again after this mess.
Canada only closed one shop... most pavilions get taken over by Disney and don’t close shops.

Animaniac93-98

I don’t have any insider info about this redevelopment, but I’d be shocked if Marrakesh didn’t become an Aladdin and friends character dining.

Wouldn't be the first time Disney World had one

1611880501149.png

1611880509355.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom