News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This was done a couple of weeks ago but I didnt get around to post pics.

Some new theming details on the blue doors.

Morocco_Full_40882.jpg

Morocco_Full_40883.jpg

Morocco_Full_40884.jpg

JohnD

I walked through tonight before park closing. It was sad, shadow of its former self. No shops in the back were open. I can’t blame the Nation of Morocco if they had to get out. But now, under Disney, it’s looking sad.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I walked through tonight before park closing. It was sad, shadow of its former self. No shops in the back were open. I can’t blame the Nation of Morocco if they had to get out. But now, under Disney, it’s looking sad.
I think ultimately under Disney it will do better than ever. Possibility of character dining in the table service has the potential to be another Norway level of popularity.

dreday3

So far the small updates they have done -new decor, the addition of that little snack bar -have all been positive improvements in my opinion. Things are slow going right now, but I think the pavilion will bounce back.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Restaurant Marakesh is/was so good. They're going to IP the crap out of it, raise the prices because of this and dumb-down the menu. oof.
The menu for Cinderella's Royal Table, Tusker House, and Trattoria al Forno is pretty sophisticated. Yes, there are options for children, but they also have meals for a more refined or adventurous palate.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think ultimately under Disney it will do better than ever. Possibility of character dining in the table service has the potential to be another Norway level of popularity.

I don't think Aladdin and Jasmine alone would suffice for a character meal.

Who would you all also have visiting Morocco along with A&J that's not too odd to be there?

WDWYankee15

Who would you all also have visiting Morocco along with A&J that's not too odd to be there?
They could put the whole Aladdin crew in there. Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, and Genie. You could also put Jafar in if they were ok going with a villain. All those are developed and meet-able characters in the recent past. Low hanging fruit.

hpyhnt 1000

Easy! Add Aladdin and Jasmine for the kiddies, keep the belly dancer for the adults (or at least the fathers, I guess). ;)

But really, a sort of royal palace show could be fun. Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie (maybe include Abu and Rajah) are the characters/hosts with periodic belly dancing and musical performances. Kids meet the characters, parents get a mini Arabian nights-ish dinner show.

(Ugh, what's wrong with me, giving them ideas for more character synergy? Worse still, I don't exactly hate it...)

MaryJaneP

Will WDW illuminate the Morocco pavilion as part of the evening show now that they "own" it or will it remain unilluminated?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom