The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

My younger brother is getting his 2nd vaccine on the 30th due to him being a 3rd tier healthcare worker.

My parents are getting their first vaccine soon. My parents age group starts next week.

Good to hear...!!! :)
My folks are both in their 80’s and got their first dose 2 weeks ago. They’ll get their second dose this week.
MIL is in her mid 80’s and is scheduled for her first dose next weekend. Very relieved this is happening for them...!!! :)
Don’t know yet when we’ll be able to get ours, but, we’re definitely not lettin’ our guard down for one minute (too close to the finish line, hopefully, to be stupid now ;)), and are waiting patiently for our turn.

StarWarsGirl

I was still the tallest kid in my class at 8. My parents thought I had some mutant tall gene.
I looked up when Primeval Whirl opened because when it did, I wasn't tall enough. It opened in 2002, so I was 7. I would have been almost 8 before being tall enough for RnRC; it had the same height requirement as Primeval Whirl. So yes I did still fit in that Barbie Jeep.

I was always either the shortest or one of the shortest in my classes. It worked out though because all my friends were short. Long time bestie was always around my height; she's only 5'2" now. The girl who lived next door was always shorter than me; she's about my height now. We used to drive our Barbie Jeeps around together. My best friend from school was taller than me, but not by a lot. I haven't seen her since we graduated high school, but she's not very tall either; maybe 5'3".

Goofyernmost

It's the Gene Wilder one. Never saw the other one, saw the commercials and that was enough.
The Johnny Depp one was much darker, but still fascinating. I went to the drive in for the Gene Wilder version on the first date with my future wife. So due to nostalgia, I wasn't in favor of a remake. That said, however, I did watch it. I saw it right after I had seen the 1st Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I mostly was looking to see how much of Jack Sparrow was in Depp's depiction of Willy Wonka. It was then when I became a minor fan of Mr. Depp. Those two characters could not be any different if they were two different actors. If one didn't already know, I don't think anyone would know that both Jack and Willy were the same actor. Very impressive. And after a couple other Depp movies I was unable to see any similarities in any of the different characters he played.

donaldtoo

We spoke this morning and decided it would just be me and K. It would be cheaper and going on the family trip the end of May would be more feasible. We may just drive down to Pensacola and go to a beach there. Would love to go to Huntsville as well. My youngest is obsessed with NASA. Maybe try going to Dollywood? We’ll see. We may go to Uni in August.

I’ve posted this before, but, we lived in Huntsville, AL, for about 18 months back in the mid 60’s when my Pop worked for the Redstone Arsenal/Marshall Spaceflight Center, before he got a job with IBM and we moved to No Cal. He even attended a lecture by Wernher von Braun...cool stuff, and there are pics of us sittin’ in a space capsule and checkin’ out the rockets on display there somewhere...!!! :)
We lived in this house in Huntsville on Gamma Circle...!!!!! :hilarious:

13ADBC48-5F0E-498B-A49E-7F3DEC58813B.jpeg

Figgy1

Premium Member
I’ve posted this before, but, we lived in Huntsville, AL, for about 18 months back in the mid 60’s when my Pop worked for the Redstone Arsenal/Marshall Spaceflight Center, before he got a job with IBM and we moved to No Cal. He even attended a lecture by Wernher von Braun...cool stuff, and there are pics of us sittin’ in a space capsule and checkin’ out the rockets on display there somewhere...!!! :)
We lived in this house in Huntsville on Gamma Circle...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 526443
Werner von Braun was both brilliant and troubled for lack of a better word I can use here

donaldtoo

We did this last night, “plussed.”

There’s an Italian restaurant here called Primanti Brothers. (Originally from Pittsburgh.) Their pizza is “meh,” but they have “Almost Famous sandwiches:” your choice of deli meat or tuna with cole slaw, French fries, oil & vinegar, and we usually add onion. They’re big, and you go right to sleep afterwards.

That’s not what we got.

We’ve been making various healthier versions of it at home for years - baked fries instead of deep fried, smaller healthier bread, etc.

I think Brian perfected it last night using Arnold 12 grain bread (toasted) baked shoestring fries, tuna, and the slaw was in a Vidalia sweet onion dressing.

I am making more fries now and having another for breakfast lol.

I’ve seen Primanti Brothers before on Food Network...giant sandwiches indeed, but, if you can’t open your mouth wide enough to eat it, is it even a sandwich anymore...?!!!!! :hilarious:
Glad y’all are happy with y’all’s own version, and it sounds very tasty...!!!!! :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom