The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Yeah, technically I'm allowed to use senior hours because of my asthma, but I've never bothered.

I hate those arrows. Yesterday I was at the store and they weren't helping at all. It was nice to go to the store in SC because it was so huge that they didn't need the arrows.
The arrows are gone in the supermarkets and Walmart by me.

MySmallWorldof4

Normally people post here by now. You don't have to avoid the site because you can't help me. It's ok. go on with your lives. Feel free to post about anything.
Sorry, I have been off the site all week. I used to have a VW. Where is the flashing red light located? If it is just the tiny little red one, it just means the anti-theft system is working.

MySmallWorldof4

The car started this morning. When I turn the key it starts right up. The red blinking stops. If i exit the car and close the door and leave it unlocked there is no blinking. The moment I lock the car with the key phob it starts blinking again...little light next to the lock up pop up and down button on the door. Maybe this light is always blinking...24 / 7 365 days ??? Maybe NOTHING is wrong???
That is the anti-theft system. The car is fine.

MySmallWorldof4

Well it looks like youngest and I will be going to Disney in May. One of her teams qualified for the end of season cheer competition at Disney. It will be the weekend of the 14th. Not sure about the rest of the family. My oldest has finals that week. My husband does not have off. We planned to go away the week before Memorial Day so his schedule is set. So, it may just be her and me. Have to figure out the logistics of all of that. Not staying on-site. The gym owners have a time share at Holiday Inn Orange Lake and want everyone to stay there. My other kids will be upset if she and I go to Disney and they don’t. 🤦‍♀️ I hope that maybe we can just go to Uni the end of May. We’ll see. Problems, right? 😉

Songbird76

View attachment 526210View attachment 526211

It turned out totally fine. A little too red for me but I'll get used to it😂😂 I didn't like the lack of control though, not knowing what color my hair would be at the end. I'm not usually suck a risk taker😂😂
I think it looks really nice! Henna fades over time, doesn't it? If it's too red for you right now, maybe it won't be in a few days or so? I don't know how fast it fades.

Songbird76

Well it looks like youngest and I will be going to Disney in May. One of her teams qualified for the end of season cheer competition at Disney. It will be the weekend of the 14th. Not sure about the rest of the family. My oldest has finals that week. My husband does not have off. We planned to go away the week before Memorial Day so his schedule is set. So, it may just be her and me. Have to figure out the logistics of all of that. Not staying on-site. The gym owners have a time share at Holiday Inn Orange Lake and want everyone to stay there. My other kids will be upset if she and I go to Disney and they don’t. 🤦‍♀️ I hope that maybe we can just go to Uni the end of May. We’ll see. Problems, right? 😉
Congratulations to her team!! That's great! But I totally understand the dilemma. Will the older ones not understand that this is for her cheer competition and not just a disney trip? I can understand not wanting to go with the other kids if your husband can't go. How long would you be at Disney? Do they get tickets to the parks while they are there? Do all the parents have to go with their own kids or do they select a few parents to go as chaperones?

Songbird76

wait, is that the entrance to the poly? they destroyed the entire thing?
I think so...I read that they demolished the monorail station at the Poly for the remodeling they are doing. I'm not sure what exactly the plans are, but I knew half the stuff at the Poly was closed for refurb because people wrote about it in their trip reports. I wonder how long it will take! E is really upset because she liked the Poly as it was and wanted to do a Mother/Daughter trip and stay at least a night there, and now it will be different.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I see the authorities have gotten closer to finding you again:cautious:
innocent not me GIF

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks for asking. That particular student isn't in our district anymore. Around Thanksgiving his guardian lost his job so they had to move, we found out when we returned from the Thanksgiving break. My school also went completely virtual on the return from Thanksgiving until Christmas break but we are back face to face now except for those choosing to be virtual which isn't many. I won't lie (even if it sounds bad) in many ways it was a relief to have him move, I was doing a ton of work to teach him since I had basically no support or resources and teaching him virtually would have be insanely difficult. He did move to a larger district that has a program that should help him so I am very thankful that he might actually get the help and education he deserves now. I do still have a couple Spanish/English speaking 8th grade girl but they do not need the extra help that he did, they are basically at grade level in all their subjects.

Really glad to hear this, (for both of you).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom