The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Speaking of health issues. I got my first Covid Vaccine today. Just yesterday they were going to the next phase which included people over 65. I am scaring the hell out of 73 so I called to make an appointment right away. I was expecting to hear that the next opening was in February but instead she said. How about 8:45 tomorrow morning (today)! So I am on the way to not worrying about the virus (I hope) my second dose is 3 weeks from today. February 13th! Glad I'm not superstitious.
Moms managed to both get Thursday so far so good.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sure Jan GIF

Tony the Tigger

Don’t forget, many of us here are in a time zone that’s an hour behind the east coast.
Oh, those folks don’t matter.
😉
Funny, well not funny, but I had a situation were I couldn't walk or even stand for any length of time without extreme pain. I went to a slew of medical doctors, everyone from PT, to Spinal surgeons, to pain injection therapy with absolutely no results at all. I finally talked the VA into scheduling me with a chiropractor and within three weeks the change was unbelievable. After all that time I am just about back to normal, I had disc movement (4&5) that was pinching nerves leading to my legs.

Just a bit of something that I learned. I also thought that all Chiropractic treatments were the crash and burn type. Violently attempting to reposition the spine. I got very lucky because I had no specific Chiropractor in mind so I choose one that was closest to my home. She didn't do the sudden movement system she used what I can only describe as a tiny jackhammer. She used it to gently realigned my spine with a little vibratory hammer. It took a few visits to get thing working well again, but she did it with absolutely no pain during the session. Ask around and see if you can find a Chiropractor that uses that method. It doesn't have to slam things around to work. So now one year later I can walk for whatever amount of time I want and stand in lines with only the slightest ache in my lower back. Not even enough to talk about
I have since experienced the tiny jackhammer (I called it a tuning fork) and it is excellent!

Songbird76

I do too.

I know this sounds cliche, but Inside Out came out right when I needed it. I was in college, struggling with depression. I'm good at being empathetic, but I'm really bad with my own emotions and how to express them, so my default is just to not express strong emotions. Inside Out helps me to kind of mentally visualize my emotions so I can productively express them, usually in my journal.

They use the characters in B's class too in order to help them because kids with autism have trouble with empathy and identifying their own emotions.
We got A a pin in DLP that's inside out and it's a dial with all the emotion characters and says "I'm feeling" and then you can turn the dial on it to put whatever emotion you are feeling. At the time, he was still in therapy and one of the things he had to do each day was fill in a daily thermometer to show how the day went, so it kind of went along with all he was learning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom