News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

Heard from some friends in upper managment that Epcot Forever will return later this year and do ~100 shows.

My bus driver buddy is still on furlough so i can't confirm with him yet. Take with a grain of salt.

Hmm, Well if EF returns in May... then about 100 days from then would bring us to August/September ish, then Harmonious will debut? Sounds like a possible time frame. Maybe a time frame that was planned before had covid not happened?

TheRealMichaelEisner

In the Parks
Yes
Hmm, Well if EF returns in May... then about 100 days from then would bring us to August/September ish, then Harmonious will debut? Sounds like a possible time frame. Maybe a time frame that was planned before had covid not happened?
(Supposedly) they want to burn off the rest of the pyrotechnic stock, and there's enough for about 100 shows or so.

Again, take this with a grain of salt. I have no way of confirming if this is true or not.

Thelazer

I'd assume they wouldn't burn it off, they would just insert it / replace / save money.. and use it in other shows or etc as they come back on line.... I mean, they clearly don't care about it "looking" good / right, just save money.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why May?
(Supposedly) they want to burn off the rest of the pyrotechnic stock, and there's enough for about 100 shows or so.

Again, take this with a grain of salt. I have no way of confirming if this is true or not.
There’s a lot of truth in that.

castlecake2.0

Slightly off topic, but I’ve been searching for years for the IllumiNations 2000 pre show announcement “because GE brings good things to life, in just 10 minutes...” anyone seen that floating around?

etc98

Sometimes things like that trigger a sort of ‘something is off’ subconscious unbalanced perception, even if it’s not blindingly obvious.

But this... from center stage World Showcase Plaza... is pretty blindingly obvious. It may be less of an issue viewing from elsewhere around the lagoon, but that’s not saying much since so much of the show clearly plays directly to center stage as designed.
Maybe after World Celebration is complete there will be an off center viewing area to match the off center screens? So at least from the viewing area it won’t appear off center?

bcoachable

I hate these things whole heartedly, but if the bases would go in the water say 6 feet then I think that would make all the difference in the world. They are way too tall and not designed properly. If the screen came down closer to the water level and became a fountain, I think it would be much better received. So this is 2021 Disney Design. So, we lose great Imagineers and gain straight out of internship ones?

This is what you get.
There are no interns around to blame this one on

junglecruise93

Maybe after World Celebration is complete there will be an off center viewing area to match the off center screens? So at least from the viewing area it won’t appear off center?
Perhaps the design was purposeful based on the location of the barstool - which would have been “off-center” as well. Obviously this is where the highest paying benefactors would enjoy HM from, no?

dennis-in-ct

I guess I am in the minority here by thinking Harmonius seems scaled correctly for the space. That said, I have not seen the barges in person and I might feel different.

For as much as I loved Illuninations, I always felt like the show got lost in the lake. It was not always so easy to get the best view from certain angles.

Harmonious looks like it’s gonna wow and be amazing. The complexity of the barges makes me super excited for the show.

Sir_Cliff

For as much as I loved Illuninations, I always felt like the show got lost in the lake. It was not always so easy to get the best view from certain angles.
I would have thought that would be more of an issue with Harmonious, though. Illuminations relied mostly on pyro which is generally visible from everywhere, but there will surely always be blind spots for the screens?

UNCgolf

I guess I am in the minority here by thinking Harmonius seems scaled correctly for the space. That said, I have not seen the barges in person and I might feel different.

Harmonious looks like it’s gonna wow and be amazing. The complexity of the barges makes me super excited for the show.

I don't think the size of the barges themselves would be a problem if they weren't permanently installed.

I think the scale will be bad for the daytime fountains, but it will probably be fine for Harmonious.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Florida... positivity and hospitalizations just starting to trend downward (from an unacceptable high). Deaths will lag.

1611537278401.png

1611537349393.png

1611537408476.png

1611537465677.png

1611537541697.png

SoFloMagic

May was just a guess on EFs return lol. I would think Disney would be anxious and excited to debut their expensive Taco Disney IP show and not go back to EF lol.
Fauci said the other day August could be normalish but with masks. So my guess would be august/September startup with harmonius launching 3.5 months later, starting before Christmas and in time to help drive attendance in Jan/Feb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom