Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Goofyernmost

0 layoffs would be good.
This plague will not last forever. Once the locust have passed through and frog rain is done falling, they will be hiring back. With full capacity 40K will not work for anyone. There are extenuating circumstances now. I don't think they will get back to 70K for many years, but it will rise dramatically when we can all breath in without dropping dead.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, it's hysterical @Chef Mickey. A real bundle of laughs, or so I hear. I mean, I'd laugh if I had any empathy left.

Still doing the “white jacket”
Routine...I see.

We gotta get him/her hooked up with the “four horsemen of the hoax” that still dispute everything scientifically proven at this point??

...maybe the can get a memory maker picture with the 7 dwarves together?
...and a turkey leg 🍗

TP2000

Well, yeah, you can lay off as many people as you want. It's no big deal. They were all going to stop working eventually some day.... according to @TP2000's pandemic response rule-of-thumb.

That's about the worst analogy I could think of.

A 35 year old Dockers-clad manager should not be laid off. And if they are, it's tragic.

But an 85 year old diabetic woman living her last few months on earth in a Nursing Home is going to die soon whether you like it or not. Is that death sad? Yes, especially for her loved ones. But is her death inevitable? Yes.

SplashJacket

But an 85 year old diabetic woman living her last few months on earth in a Nursing Home is going to die soon whether you like it or not. Is that death sad? Yes, especially for her loved ones. But is her death inevitable? Yes.
Well, an 85-year-old has a 25% chance of living 9 years or more years.

75% chance of living 2 or more years. If you're currently alive, statistically speaking, you're not destined for death in the near term.

A 75-year-old could live 5 years or 20 years, but they're probably not going to die in the next 6 months. Once you get into the 100s, then it pretty much is the next 6 months, but people who we generally consider old, 70s and 80s, generally have a lot of life left in them if they are currently breathing.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Doesn't make it any better if you are one of the 19.

I have to admit my butt puckered when I saw the headline and then relaxed when I saw the details.

Any number is bad but with the headline, I was expecting a number in the thousands, given what their other layoff announcements have looked like.

Honestly, if this is the kind of numbers we're looking at now, I have to think they've gone about as far as they think they can which has got to give a lot of the people still employed there, at least a little bit of piece of mind.

One can hope, at least. :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom