Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

ppete1975

still say this is the easiest fix and give all the new presidents static mannequins in a chair behind the speakers ... much cheaper every 4ish years (new chair and non animatronic figure) and yet gives the presidents their lifetime spotlight that regardless of politics they deserve.
1611068325691.png

lazyboy97o

still say this is the easiest fix and give all the new presidents static mannequins in a chair behind the speakers ... much cheaper every 4ish years (new chair and non animatronic figure) and yet gives the presidents their lifetime spotlight that regardless of politics they deserve.
View attachment 525082
How does scaling back The Hall of Presidents fix anything? If the speech from the sitting president is the issue then remove it and go back to a pre-Clinton format.

dreday3

I’m surprised many of you expected more from this announcement. They hyped it up via some tweets on muppet accounts. It’s not like they rolled out a press junket and hyped it through several channels. This was never set to be something huge.

I think most of us were just having some fun with it. It was funny that a few of us(on this thread) were expecting some kind of HoP announcement and it didn't come (yet...). :D

What's the big deal? It's not like it's the first time we have made something out of nothing, that might end up being something.

ppete1975

How does scaling back The Hall of Presidents fix anything? If the speech from the sitting president is the issue then remove it and go back to a pre-Clinton format.
cost, downtime and politics... it doesnt have to be lincoln (honestly some people would prob like him removed). But I wouldnt have anyone speak past kennedy (maybe reagan and carter), but keep it super up beat super patriotic and maybe even shorten the show (i think its over 25 mins now) and with todays short attention spans thats a long time to sit still and watch an animatronic show :(
Id still have all the presidents there, just not actively doing anything. Then lock down the show only to add a new president in the background to keep it up to date.

seascape

They don't really have to announce anything. It could very easily just close for refurb. Stay closed for several months, and we have an announcement shortly prior to opening about exactly what changes have been made.
And they could just close it permanently and not make an announcement. They have done that in the past.

EricsBiscuit

View attachment 525082
I love GMWML but it shares too much with AA to ever be at MK.

lazyboy97o

cost, downtime and politics... it doesnt have to be lincoln (honestly some people would prob like him removed). But I wouldnt have anyone speak past kennedy (maybe reagan and carter), but keep it super up beat super patriotic and maybe even shorten the show (i think its over 25 mins now) and with todays short attention spans thats a long time to sit still and watch an animatronic show :(
Id still have all the presidents there, just not actively doing anything. Then lock down the show only to add a new president in the background to keep it up to date.
Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and H. W. Bush did not have a speaking role. Only with Biden getting a speaking role will we be at a point where the same number of current president have and have not had a speaking role. The show can be done without the speaking role or just the Oath of Office.

I love GMWML but it shares too much with AA to ever be at MK.
That's the current iteration.

_caleb

Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and H. W. Bush did not have a speaking role. Only with Biden getting a speaking role will we be at a point where the same number of current president have and have not had a speaking role. The show can be done without the speaking role or just the Oath of Office.

That's the current iteration.
I like the idea of the most recent president speaking the Oath of Office. In my opinion, video of that president’s swearing-in and a silent, seated AA would be most appropriate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom