Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

dreday3

If you look at the comments on Twitter and Facebook regarding the build ups... The general public was demanding "Get the original show on Disney+!!!"

....Not "Get the Muppets into the Hall of Presidents!!!" lol

I'm out of the loop! 😀

As an adult, while I LOVED the show as a child, it's not something that I can watch again, save for maybe one episode.
Now if someone had all the seasons of Dance Fever with Deney Terrio...that would be exciting.

Saturday night as a child:

The Muppet Show - 6 pm
Dance Fever - 6:30 pm
Solid Gold - 7 pm
The Love Boat - 8 pm
Fantasy Island - 9 pm

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Why does this not surprise me... Gotta create Disney+ buzz, because that’s the future of the company, right? Pretty soon we’re going to see the DVC booths replaced by Disney+ booths, plus adding D+ advertisements in every ride and attraction, food/beverage location, and merchandise shop/kiosk.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Why does this not surprise me... Gotta create Disney+ buzz, because that’s the future of the company, right? Pretty soon we’re going to see the DVC booths replaced by Disney+ booths, plus adding D+ advertisements in every ride and attraction, food/beverage location, and merchandise shop/kiosk.
It's almost as if Disney is a business not run by Walt Disney anymore... :)

Coolbert

Welp...
1611066008300.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Finally!

The non-Sesame-Street muppets became a cultural touchstone with this series. I always thought it odd that it stopped being available on regular TV repeats (on off-channels and late night). And I thought it was a missed opportunity by Disney to not have The Muppet Show playing in the wee hours of the morning every day on ABC for the next generation to see.

The availability of The Muppet Show will allow a few generations that missed out on it to catch up. It'll help some people understand why muppets are a thing to begin with.

I also thought it odd that rich and powerful Disney couldn't sort out licensing rights to the songs from the show. Obviously, they now finally did.

Unbanshee

Because of the nature of this news, I will ask that this thread remain in news and rumors at least for 24 hours. I will also ask that no one make this political. This is about the new show with The Muppets, nothing more.

If nothing comes of it in the next 2 days, please feel free to move it to the political section.

The Disney+ announcement does not mean the Muppets wont be part of a HoP refresh, or am I missing something?

At this point, Muppets being added to the HoP would be outside the scope of this thread and rumor timeline, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom