News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

aladdin2007

So I was perusing random things and I found an article about the Lebanon International Fair. It’s somewhat interesting if you’re into abandoned places and world’s fair type things. Anyway, one of the pictures of the remaining buildings of the abandoned fair shows a building with a striking resemblance to Communicore.View attachment 521200

That's a great find! interesting.

DVCakaCarlF

Can anyone speak to the impacts of construction on the monorail line? In speaking with a CM regarding park hopping starting January 1, they stated the construction may or may not open the line based on the work taking place at Epcot right now.

Robbiem

So I was perusing random things and I found an article about the Lebanon International Fair. It’s somewhat interesting if you’re into abandoned places and world’s fair type things. Anyway, one of the pictures of the remaining buildings of the abandoned fair shows a building with a striking resemblance to Communicore.View attachment 521200
Fascinating I had never heard of this place but after a quick search it’s amazing. I had no idea Oscar Niemeyer had designed his own version of an epcot style fair. He is one of my favourite architects his designs are pure tomorrowland 67!

trainplane3

Look at dat glass:
mousegear-window-installation-11.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, that is what I meant. I thought by now, it would be demolished it has been a long time.
The West side, which is half gone with the NW quadrant about to go down, has the last remaining walls and windows removed.

The pics above are of the East side, which is staying, having new windows installed.

IMDREW

Can anyone tell me if the new Mouse Gear and Electric Umbrella are slated to open somewhere this year? I know next to nothing about construction, but i thought glass install would mean they’re very actively working on this?

trainplane3

View attachment 522856
MagicbandManiac on Twitter posted the new paint by numbers mural design.

Not to be one of those people (even though I absolutely am) I find it interesting that Figment and Dreamfinder’s blimp are featured in the “future” section......Thoughts?

I really dig the art.
That's from the Epcot posters along with the Moana, Guardians, and Play pieces too so I wouldn't read into it. Just reusing what they already made.

However Dreamfinder (beard and hat) is on a lot of the Art Festival merch this year and that is new art.

michmousefan

That's from the Epcot posters along with the Moana, Guardians, and Play pieces too so I wouldn't read into it. Just reusing what they already made.

However Dreamfinder (beard and hat) is on a lot of the Art Festival merch this year and that is new art.
Yep... and isn't that Horizons in between SSE and TAA?

Horizons1

View attachment 522856

Not to be one of those people (even though I absolutely am) I find it interesting that Figment and Dreamfinder’s blimp are featured in the “future” section......Thoughts?

I really dig the art.
It moves merch. Don’t read into it. You’ll be disappointed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 522856

I really dig the art.
Here's my guess:

You have the PLAY, Journey of Water, and Cosmic Rewind featured. That's all new stuff.

SSE is there as an iconic anchor, but also because it was getting a thematic update.

AA is there... because of Regal Eagle?

And Horizons is there because 220, and someone forgot to tell the artist that the Horizons pavilion was razed.

And Figment and Imagination Pavilion are there because at one time they were going to announce an Imagination update. Imagination features prominently on the EPCOT model in the exposition pavilion. But, they cut it.

But the artwork was already done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom