Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

ppete1975

I really wish I could write this movie..... Ive mentioned it before... the rock is a modern day jungle cruise skipper, hes that super over the top chipper person (which the rock can play that character) loves his job. We start in the morning and hes putting on his clothes for work.. mickey mouse underwear whole apt disneyfied. One day hes going through his spiel (and we get to see a lot of the actual ride) he goes into the cave and lightning hits or a spell is put on him... poof hes now in the amazon on a boat that looks just like the Disneyland one but now hes dressed all 40s and hes been transported to that.. bunch of site gags like his gun is still fake.. and the whole movie is him trying to reverse the spell or get back home.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
81744057.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe a light re-theming to promote the movie? It's scheduled to be released July 30th in the US. If things go well we could see conditions that would make people more comfortable with going into theaters by that point.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Maybe a light re-theming to promote the movie? It's scheduled to be released July 30th in the US. If things go well we could see conditions that would make people more comfortable with going into theaters by that point.
I could see this being done more as a means to fix "problematic scenes" if that committee thing holds true.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I could see this being done more as a means to fix "problematic scenes" if that committee thing holds true.
And problematic they are.

The problem is hand-waved away by being a jokey ride.

Going by previews of the movie, we see the skipper (Dwayne) is providing schticky, scammy, fakey, tourist-trap scenes for his customers to explain away that what we see from the boat doesn't reflect reality at all.

If they re-do the ride with that same gimmick -- that our skippers are showing us fake, touristy tableaus -- then that distances Disney from the racial stereotypes. "They're bad stereotypes because our skippers are grifters!"

And then we'd have a ride with the same rationale/backstory as DINOLAND. It's all fake because it was built by people to be fakes!

But that's just one guess that *might* happen to 'fix' the ride. There are lots of other ways to go, including 'do nothing,' especially if the movie flops, or money continues to be pandemically tight.

TikibirdLand

And problematic they are.

The problem is hand-waved away by being a jokey ride.

Going by previews of the movie, we see the skipper (Dwayne) is providing schticky, scammy, fakey, tourist-trap scenes for his customers to explain away that what we see from the boat doesn't reflect reality at all.

If they re-do the ride with that same gimmick -- that our skippers are showing us fake, touristy tableaus -- then that distances Disney from the racial stereotypes. "They're bad stereotypes because our skippers are grifters!"

And then we'd have a ride with the same rationale/backstory as DINOLAND. It's all fake because it was built by people to be fakes!

But that's just one guess that *might* happen to 'fix' the ride. There are lots of other ways to go, including 'do nothing,' especially if the movie flops, or money continues to be pandemically tight.
Maybe they update the ride first... that way they can say the based the movie on the ride :D

Dutch Inn '76

Yes, on stuff that was already earmarked or under construction not anything major like a new attraction or attraction re-imagining.
I'm willing to give them a pass on going into debt right now with new ideas. Once this Covid thing passes, and they get a little positive cash flow, then I hope to see new plans. Does that seem reasonable?
Fingers crossed the movie bombs so they change their minds. 🤞
Its “Jumanji Part 3” so it could go either way. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom