Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Disneyhead'71

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING? Well, now you can by experiencing unique cupcakes inspired by Disney's exciting adventure film, Jungle Cruise, starring Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson! Exclusively available for a limited time at the Skipper Canteen! Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
brought-to-you-by-carls-jr.jpg

lazyboy97o

Man, tough crowd. As with most refurbs, if done tastefully and skillfully, it can work. Seems kind of short-sighted to pre-judge on this one, no?
The implementation of these updates will not be based on their own merit. If they are good ideas they should be implemented because they are good ideas.

I think DL’s iasw did this well. The characters are random and don’t really take anything away from the ride. My kids enjoyed hunting for them.
You’re contradicting yourself. That people now focus on finding the characters means they’re not focused on the attraction’s original concept.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I did a search before posting, but didn't find anything. I'm so glad that the Forum Police are here to contribute such valuable information to the thread. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure they meant nothing by it. The "problem" as I see it; what's being discussed here is no different that what's been discussed there. The whole why not add to that discussion if there was new news (gnus ha... :( ) instead of creating a new thread debate. But hey, the search function is a little wonky. No biggie.

As mentioned earlier. The only sure-fire way for this overhaul to NEVER see the light of day is if the movie tanks. Otherwise it seems like a shoo-in, prime for replacement. And with that spiel button already installed it's only a matter of time before it's made active again assuming the movie does well. . :Insert HM movie callbacks here: Jim Hill anecdotes are interesting but I refuse to put much stock in them. His track record isn't that great even though he has the best of intentions working out piecemeal partial rumors. I appreciate the info though. I'm listening to the podcast now!

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
What if:
The Jungle Cruise movie tanking at the box office seals the fate of WDW's Jungle Cruise?!
Does that not sound like something they'd consider? MK could use the land. I'm certain it has been discussed internally, at least in the past. With a new movie on the horizon it makes you wonder what they have planned for WDW's Jungle Cruise and if demoing is one of the options on the table; especially if they already have a few replacements in mind. I don't think it'd happen. But...

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Or maybe it's that a classic attraction that could be properly refurbed is likely going to be diminished by the addition of transiently-popular IP. The JC has been entertaining people since 1955.
With due respect the IP IS Jungle Cruise, so how exactly would adding more of THAT IP make it worse?

Bocabear

Weren't they claiming years ago that they were going to be adding Eddie Murphy to the Haunted Mansion after that movie opened? I think this probably has the same plausibility

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom