News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ppete1975

2017 Pandora
2018 Toy Story Land
2019 Star Wars Land
2020 Runaway Railway
2021 Ratatouille, 50th begins
2022 TRON, Guardians, HarmoniUs

While MORE MORE MORE is always nice, Disney is still building.

Universal is more than “pumping the brakes.” The third park was delayed indefinitely.
2017 Pandora AKL
2018 Toy Story Land HS
2019 Star Wars Land HS
2020 Runaway Railway HS
2021 Ratatouille, 50th begins Epcot and cupcakes/merch
2022 TRON, Guardians, HarmoniUs (hopefully not pushed back further, which was my concern)

Yes we had several things get built but thats because they waited so long to build and universal was actually a threat for the first time. HS was a shell that needed a total rebuild, and still seems to need more. Animal Kingdom still seems to need something (prob dinoland area), and Epcot (poor Epcot). This is cause Disney stopped building stuff for a bit. Thats my fear if they pump the brakes too long. 2014 mine train was the last thing MK got. Disney used to not have any competition, they do now. And at the speed disney builds... 2022 could easily become 2024 ;)

TTA94

That is my understanding. They didn’t run Epcot Forever “nearly long enough.” 5 months isn’t enough for the investment and new fireworks won’t premiere before herd immunity. Epcot Forever is a better choice for a socially-distanced show. Can you imagine, “come see our amazing new electronic taco nighttime show!” followed by, “sorry, we are full. Try Happily Ever After.”

‘Cuz it sucks. IMHO.

Would EF possibly be reworked with the barges?

Giss Neric

At the very least it should give them an opportunity to have the WDWRR open by 10/1 (hopefully) if they finish the facade. Maybe that date for the WDWRR is a little ambitious for the turtle that is Disney haha. Once track is done they have to staff up and retrain (ha).
You're absolutely right. WDWRR has been closed for too long. They need to do the landscaping outside to be able to do that. Completely forgot about that even existed lol

Jrb1979

You have explained why in other places but I have to comment on this,
You may be doing it your way but you are doing it wrong,
Slow down, step out of line and move out of your comfort zone, you don't know what you are missing
When I go to Cedar Point I ride the train but only to get to the back of the park. I use it for what it's intended for and thats a mode of transportation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The fact that the railroad has been closed for over 2 years and now the Peoplemover has been closed for almost 1, is just absurd to me. The Peoplemover is my favorite attraction at MK, and one of my favorites in all of WDW, and it’s been closed during my 2 visits this year. Sad.
On a brighter note, at least you got to visit. More than once too. For better or for worse.

Jones14

I can’t remember if this has been discussed, but is there anything planned for the train tunnel as far as a show scene?

Based on the concept art, I’m not expecting sets or props, but I could see projections of lightcycles on the side walls as the train passes through being a possibility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom