The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

For all snow lovers, especially @Ken Adams , here was the aftermath of the snowstorm of a few days ago -- still a lot here. However, there is going to be a massive rain storm through tomorrow, so I suspect that most of this white loveliness will be washed away. Oh well. There will be more snowstorms in the future to enjoy!! :happy:View attachment 520589
Our snow is completely melted. We had constant rain all day, and it was heavy. On the bright side, Santa is impervious. 😉

wdwfan4ver

Yep, here in NC as well. Right now 8am it is 60 degrees and rising. However by about 1 or 2 it is supposed to drop eventually into the 30's. Except for this morning, no more rain or any snow is forecast, at least here in central NC. Tomorrow will be a jacket day though.
That much warmer than where I live. It is going to be a high of 23 degrees and a low of 18 degrees on Christmas day, but it is going to feel much colder than the high and low tomorrow.

It feels like 6 below zero outside right now and the weather people are telling parents not to let their kids to stay outside longer than 15 minutes. On Christmas Day, the weather morning is going to feel below zero. It is only going to feel like its in the 6 to 8 degree above zero in the afternoon.

Tony the Tigger

I'm going to be lazy today just kicking back with Christmas movies/shows on in the background. The boys are getting cereal for breakfast, as I said kicking back:D Then it onto cooking a 7 course lunch/dinner but it's not going to be traditional:eek: There will be 7 fishes but some changes to the menu will be made. The wind has started to kick up, already a bit too much so to run the smoker so I'm making a lemon sauce for that. I'm also making fish and chips View attachment 520506
This counts as 5 fishes:
8D078FA3-650F-4AE9-8614-C7155594D600.jpeg
#fuzzymath

and these count as the rest:
FF614C3D-DA48-4785-A5EF-B8A2B26E4F71.jpeg
Couldn’t resist the shrimp next to the lobster in the case at the store. Didn’t feel like breading them - sautéed in olive oil with onion, garlic, and sprinkled bread crumb (which came out nice & toasty/crunchy. Lazy/deconstructed breaded shrimp lol.

The Brie does not count as a fish.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

I think you missed your calling. Should have been a writer. You crack me up all the time.
This got all upended when I walked into Fresh Market on the second try (first try: no parking) and there...in the case...were the cookies!!

I bought them all - except two, in case someone else really wanted the cookies. They could have two.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This counts as 5 fishes:
View attachment 520673
#fuzzymath

and these count as the rest:
View attachment 520674
Couldn’t resist the shrimp next to the lobster in the case at the store. Didn’t feel like breading them - sautéed in olive oil with onion, garlic, and sprinkled bread crumb (which came out nice & toasty/crunchy. Lazy/deconstructed breaded shrimp lol.

The Brie does not count as a fish.

That looks delicious! :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Merry Christmas, everyone! Woke up at 3 AM all excited, but then remembered there is no Santa Claus. 🤦‍♀️ :p

Anyway, at 4 AM, I watched the Pope's Christmas service from the Vatican (on global EWTN -- a rebroadcast from the "live" broadcast, hours before in Rome).

It was fun to see the multiple languages on the chyron, explaining the different parts of the service. (Also, it was a throwback to me, to hear most of the service in Latin.) They did have an interpreter (off camera), for the English-speaking TV audience.

It was unusual to not go to church on Christmas morning, as I've done all my life, but 2020 is unusual to say the least!

Here's a little Thomas Kinkade holiday painting for you all. :)

1608893175981.png

Figgy1

Premium Member
Merry Christmas, everyone! Woke up at 3 AM all excited, but then remembered there is no Santa Claus. 🤦‍♀️ :p

Anyway, at 4 AM, I watched the Pope's Christmas service from the Vatican (on global EWTN -- a rebroadcast from the "live" broadcast, hours before in Rome).

It was fun to see the multiple languages on the chyron, explaining the different parts of the service. (Also, it was a throwback to me, to hear most of the service in Latin.) They did have an interpreter (off camera), for the English-speaking TV audience.

It was unusual to not go to church on Christmas morning, as I've done all my life, but 2020 is unusual to say the least!

View attachment 520677
I must have made the nice list there's more than a robe under the tree for me:inlove: I love his paintings

Goofyernmost

That much warmer than where I live. It is going to be a high of 23 degrees and a low of 18 degrees on Christmas day, but it is going to feel much colder than the high and low tomorrow.

It feels like 6 below zero outside right now and the weather people are telling parents not to let their kids to stay outside longer than 15 minutes. On Christmas Day, the weather morning is going to feel below zero. It is only going to feel like its in the 6 to 8 degree above zero in the afternoon.
My sympathies go out to you. I spent many a sub-zero Christmas Day in my time and even over a foot of snow Christmas eve. Which completely explains my current address. Enjoy your Christmas in spite of it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 520677

You must have been naughty this year...no Santa! ;)Santa stopped here this morning. Kapono even got some new toys and snacks! The Kinkade picture is really pretty. I must admit I was glad that Brad opted to have small in person services, it wouldn't have been the same watching it on line but on line would have been okay too. My favorite part of Christmas is going to church on Christmas Eve and giving people presents.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just curious how many watch the old Christmas classics ---White Christmas(Bing Crosby), It's a Wonderfull Life (James Stewart), any of the old Christmas Carol/Scrooge like 1951 version(Alistair Sim) or any from the 30's.

White Christmas is my favorite movie not just my favorite Christmas movies. Since our tree went up in early November I've watched it at least 7-8 times. Love the old movies in general, one of me new to me old Christmas movies is Christmas In Connecticut, its a fun one with Barbara Stanwyck. Also In the Good Old Summertime is a fun one to watch at Christmas too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom