The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

We made it through in one piece. There is over a foot of snow but it's hard to tell exactly how much due to all the blowing around it did. There's one spot in my yard with a 3 foot drift:eek: The main road is "passable" but we still can't get to it and may not be able to until tomorrow:cautious: We only had the lights blink once and interweb was down for about an hour or 2. Pretty good considering how bad it was for a while:joyfull: I think the new high powered blowers pointed at Boston helped;)
Well, that could have been a lot worse! I'm glad to hear you all survived! Do you have gravel roads or are they paved?

Songbird76

This may seem odd, but one of my best memories was when I stayed at my Grandmothers for a visit. One would wake up to the smell of coffee brewing. They were old school and used a stove top percolator. You could be shot for just mentioning instant coffee. I also like Coffee Ice Cream, something that seems to be hard to find lately. However, on the few occasions when I forget and try drinking it again, it only takes a sip before I know that someone is trying to poison me and never finish.
So do you drink coffee, too? If I remember correctly, you are not a fan of Coffee Crisp, but I'd have to ask @JenniferS to confirm that.

I actually can't stand the smell of coffee brewing. It smells awful to me. That's why I've never had a desire to taste it. I don't drink coffee or tea. I will drink tea if I'm really sick and my throat hurts and I need it to soothe. Then I make it weak and dump tons of honey in it so I can't taste the tea.

Goofyernmost

So do you drink coffee, too? If I remember correctly, you are not a fan of Coffee Crisp, but I'd have to ask @JenniferS to confirm that.

I actually can't stand the smell of coffee brewing. It smells awful to me. That's why I've never had a desire to taste it. I don't drink coffee or tea. I will drink tea if I'm really sick and my throat hurts and I need it to soothe. Then I make it weak and dump tons of honey in it so I can't taste the tea.
To me there is not much of the old wafting odor from brewing coffee anymore like there once was, but when it existed I really liked the smell, but in my almost 73 years I would bet that you can count on your fingers how many cups I have started but never finished. I just don't like the taste of it in pure form. In diluted form like Ice cream I like it. Coffee Crisps lose me with the general cardboard like texture with very little flavor, at least to my pallet, is also cardboard. My girls still love them because their grandfather used to always bring them one whenever he came down for a visit. We all live in NC now, so access is quite limited but when they were available they always went for one. I blame myself for poor parenting! ;)

I just remembered that back in the 80's or 90's (don't remember which) there was a severe coffee shortage (Juan Valdez's donkey died or something) and coffee prices went through the ceiling. At the time I owned and operated a Residential Care Home and had to supply coffee to my clients. It cost me a fortune and really upset me because my definition of coffee was water run through dirt. I was an avid Pepsi drinker back then and no one ever supplied me free Pepsi.

John park hopper

I can remember when I was in the service state side and assigned to a munitions training office, there was a large coffee maker one of those metal ones. The thing was totally black inside from coffee residue (looked nasty) so I cleaned it out. Did I ever catch he!! from the 2 lifers in that office. They said I ruined the pot. I like a good cup of strong black coffee --from a clean pot

Figgy1

Premium Member
I can remember when I was in the service state side and assigned to a munitions training office, there was a large coffee maker one of those metal ones. The thing was totally black inside from coffee residue (looked nasty) so I cleaned it out. Did I ever catch he!! from the 2 lifers in that office. They said I ruined the pot. I like a good cup of strong black coffee --from a clean pot
I believe there are regs about that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom