The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Yes, any of the wheeled, push shovels are great -- but only if the snow is light. Most of the time here, it's not, except for this particular storm -- it's fluffy and white!! :joyfull: Can't wait to go out and play in it this afternoon, once the snow stops. There will be a LOT of snow to move today. :happy:
I always thought that it was a terrific idea invented by someone that never saw snow before, but did manage to see a snow plow attached to a motorized vehicle. Looks useful but is always disappointing. Perhaps Superman could push them through a foot of wet snow, but I was lacking one or two crucial muscles to make it happen.

Goofyernmost

The whole delivery system (regardless of private or mail delivery service) is wacko this holiday season. They are ALL completely overwhelmed by the demand. And I know there is a system in place for "hubs" or whatever, that various packages go to, before they arrive at the address.

However, it is funny to me, to read the history of the tracking online. For example, sent a small package (sweatshirt) to my bro in N.C. (So, that's MA to N.C.) Now, my local post office sent it to a hub (or whatever) up in Portland, Maine. (O.k. guys, that's north of here . . .). Then a day after that, they sent it to a hub down in Connecticut. (Getting there . . . ) About 3-4 days after that (with various other locations), it arrived at his house in N.C.

I'm still trying to figure out -- does it make sense to send a package to a southern state, NORTH to Portland, Maine first? :hilarious:
I guess now I feel grateful because I noted and even said to someone the other day how impressed I was in how quickly everything got delivered this year. Even things I had to return via UPS were moved and processed at warp speed. I'm surprised that other places are having difficulties with that. It seems like if something is "sitting" in one place for over two weeks that something more sinister has happened and it would be wise to maybe reorder it.

The hub situation reminded me of trying to explain to my Mother about the reason for hubs when it came to air travel. She just couldn't understand how come if a city, let's say Myrtle Beach, SC had an airport why she couldn't just get a plane from Burlington, Vt. to direct to Myrtle Beach. She just never could wrap her head around why that wasn't the way to operate.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

As of two hours ago, the news reported towns near me had 8 inches so I'm assuming we have more now. But they also reporting thunderstorm and 1 - 4 inches an hour.

A woman I work with has an electric shovel which baffled me. Never heard of one before.
1608208190010.png
Sometimes called an electric snow shovel, but it actually is an electric snow broom. It just sweeps everything out in front of you to whatever snow bank you care to make. I'm not sure how well that works in a big storm like you are dealing with though.

John park hopper

View attachment 519278
Sometimes called an electric snow shovel, but it actually is an electric snow broom. It just sweeps everything out in front of you to whatever snow bank you care to make. I'm not sure how well that works in a big storm like you are dealing with though.
Looks like it might work on a dry light dusting of snow but heavy deep wet snow don' think it would work at all. Wish I had a quarter (inflation) for all the snow I shoveled as a kid.

Last edited:

Songbird76

hubs loved it. I got a little confused but there were a couple funny moments. We are planning to watch Soul on Christmas Day too. I want to watch Godmothered too but haven’t had a chance yet, still catching up on my Hallmark movies!
We watched Mulan last night during dinner, and then the kids and I started Godmothered while we worked on a puzzle. We couldn't finish it though because E still had school this morning so I sent her to bed and told her we'd watch the rest later. It's cute so far!

StarWarsGirl

Ugh. Don't you hate that!! We've had a great vet for Jack. She moved a few years ago to a location that's really inconvenient to where are, and with very limited on-street parking, in a congested city. But hubs won't take Jack to anyone else, so he deals with the inconvenience, just so Jack can be taken care of, by the best.
I can understand why. Belle has a rare condition called pododermatitis. Basically, it makes her paws crack terribly when she has it. This vet was the one who worked with us to get her healthy again after two other vets failed. She also didn't try to push unnecessary stuff on us just because "Oh she's due for it, let's run expensive test xyz".

There's a couple of vets at the practice we haven't seen, so we'll give them a try. Jasmine is playing guniea pig with the first one (she's also really overdue because I wasn't taking her in the middle of CoVid).

MouseDreaming

All the stuff:

1. Bought a serious used jazz collection that was so much fun to sort through, and is juicing sales very nicely.

2. Had a cyst removed this afternoon. Procedure was no big deal, but I’ve been pretty uncomfortable since the local wore off. I may or may not be a little chemically assisted right now. I also discovered a salted caramel chocolate chip cookie from The Fresh Market on my way home, and should have gotten two. Those may be part of my holiday gifts for everyone this year, worth the diet cheat.

3. Should get an answer on the store expansion in the next few days! Trying not to get too excited about it in case it falls through. (Too late!)

4. Before I even got to tell you guys that the sparkle was back in Kylie’s eyes, I came home from work after midnight a few days ago, and she was limp-hopping like a kangaroo (I think on a different paw!?) Brian said she was fine when he went to bed, so we have no idea what happened. We’ve seen only a slight improvement, and I’m starting to get concerned about certain scenarios.

5. WDW is likely off the table for Christmas. The cabins are $700. The Keys aren’t looking good, either. Thinking about dinner out with cousin Tif.

Found some of a certain series of CD box sets, I think about ten. Must’ve paid about $2 each. Turned out to average $100 each in value. Now that’s some margin! (If we can find a buyer.)

Night!
That is a lot to report, but the like is for the jazz collection. Tell me more about that, or where I can find info on it.

MouseDreaming

Definitely team latke over here. Best ones I have ever made. Turns out, I should have been rinsing the shredded potato before adding it to the other ingredients.

This is the first time ever, that we have been home every night for the candles. Last night is tonight. Tomorrow, Hanukkah gets put away, and I can get the rest of Christmas up.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We made it through in one piece. There is over a foot of snow but it's hard to tell exactly how much due to all the blowing around it did. There's one spot in my yard with a 3 foot drift:eek: The main road is "passable" but we still can't get to it and may not be able to until tomorrow:cautious: We only had the lights blink once and interweb was down for about an hour or 2. Pretty good considering how bad it was for a while:joyfull: I think the new high powered blowers pointed at Boston helped;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom