The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We made it through in one piece. There is over a foot of snow but it's hard to tell exactly how much due to all the blowing around it did. There's one spot in my yard with a 3 foot drift:eek: The main road is "passable" but we still can't get to it and may not be able to until tomorrow:cautious: We only had the lights blink once and interweb was down for about an hour or 2. Pretty good considering how bad it was for a while:joyfull: I think the new high powered blowers pointed at Boston helped;)

Official amount was 1 foot in my area, but tons of drifts (up to 16 inches), due to colder weather temps with lighter weight snow. It was fun shoveling today, because there was so much of it, and it wasn't the icy kind. Still with so much of it, it was heavy at times. Got my cardio workout in, that's for sure! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, hubs just finished shoveling off the back roof (drifts up to 20", as the snow gets blown down from the pitched roof angle above it). When it's that much, it has to be pushed off, as the weight can get dangerous overhead -- especially if the temps eventually go up, and all that snow gets soaked.

What's amusing is our dog's reaction.

In order for hubs to get outside to the flat, 2nd level roof, he has to remove the window in the bathroom, and then climb through the opening. I'm not sure if it's the noise of the power drill he uses to remove the nails/bolts from the window frame, to take out the window, that freaks out the dog, Or, if it's watching hubs climb on his stomach to to make it through the limited opening to the outside. :p

(So Jack stood there, peering around the corner to the bathroom, but would not go in.) When hubs was done, he passed the two shovels (one is a 12-ft. roof rake shovel), through the open window to me. Seeing the shovels come through the window was traumatic for Jack -- he ran downstairs and sat under the kitchen table! :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Official amount was 1 foot in my area, but tons of drifts (up to 16 inches), due to colder weather temps with lighter weight snow. It was fun shoveling today, because there was so much of it, and it wasn't the icy kind. Still with so much of it, it was heavy at times. Got my cardio workout in, that's for sure! :happy:
So did the boys:D edit I deep cleaned the kitchen so I can start making cookies

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The day has finally come.

The day that I thought would never come.

I thought I would never, ever see this day, and yet it has come.

Dad paid a credit card bill online
yeah right whatever GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom